• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

08/06 Wrasslin' Discussion - Mr McMahon Returns, 15 Minutes of Punk, ANDREW MARTIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAW was ****ing lame
McMahon making fun of all the critics when he should actually be doing more to clean up his locker room is just pathetic

Ugh

Its like Benoit, Guererro etc... never existed

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The Frankman said:
I kinda liked it. Weird but it was ok. From all the potential angles you could've had w/ the last 4 in the royal rumble, to the Cabana with John hosting, to the predictable finish at the end w/ Orton pissing off Umega (did you people REALLY think face U-Manga would destroy Cena).

But the McMahon love child thing... wtf?

If what I heard about it is true, this is going to be a badass angle. This is exactly how the thing was supposed to play out, though they skipped the entire "whodunnit" part.

the lovechild is not HHH

dskillzhtown

iconoclast said:
Back to normal it seems. I thought Raw was pretty entertaining last night, though it was pretty light on good wrestling.

It has been proven over and over, Vince=ratings. He is the biggest ratings draw in the entire company.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
dskillzhtown said:
If what I heard about it is true, this is going to be a badass angle. This is exactly how the thing was supposed to play out, though they skipped the entire "whodunnit" part.

the lovechild is not HHH

Where does it lead? Spoil it for me please!

RAW did about a 3.8, but thats not exactly great in the grand scheme of things - better than the usual 3.4 though. Last night's RAW actually moved though, something it hasn't done in a while - there was at least a point to some of it, all except that dating game crap.

Striker

The story written prior to the Benoit tragedy had a current Raw superstar being revealed as Vince McMahon's "illegitimate child." Believe it or not, at that time, the plan was to reveal Mr. Ken Kennedy as Vince's "son." Yes, Kennedy. The plan may have changed, but that was the storyline worked out as of a few months ago.
from some site

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
"The Punisher" Andrew Martin? Is partof that name copyrighted? Surely I read that wrong online. Marvel would sue.......

Marvel Toys has the rights for the TNA toys. So maybe they cut them some slack.

And yes.. it's "The Punisher" Andrew Martin. As to who he's punishing.. it's us. The fans of TNA. No one can claim to be a Test fan, we're all being punished by watching that horse faced jackass wrestle.

Outcast2004 said:
Marvel Toys has the rights for the TNA toys. So maybe they cut them some slack.

And yes.. it's "The Punisher" Andrew Martin. As to who he's punishing.. it's us. The fans of TNA. No one can claim to be a Test fan, we're all being punished by watching that horse faced jackass wrestle.

Didn't he used to be engaged to Stephanie McMahon, or was that part of the storyline?

Striker

DarkJediKnight said:
Didn't he used to be engaged to Stephanie McMahon, or was that part of the storyline?
Pretty sure only an angle.

I read the presumed angle featuring Vince's 'son'. The angle may work out nicely.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Storyline.

The best part of Test's career was when he had Stacy Kiebler as his image consultant, and she kept talking about his fans being his "testicles."

Lyte Edge said:
Storyline.

The best part of Test's career was when he had Stacy Kiebler as his image consultant, and she kept talking about his fans being his "testicles."

I remember that getting Test a fair few pops…

dskillzhtown

Lyte Edge said:
Storyline.

The best part of Test's career was when he had the fued with Shane and they had a badass match at Summerlam. Then when HHH "drugged" Stephanie and married her. they set up a hell of a match between Test and HHH that had all kinds of heat. Yet, instead of it being a semi-main at a PPV, it turned into a squash on Raw. Gotta love Hunter.

The Faceless Master said:
wow, after watching TNA, i wonder what will happen this Sunday at Hard Justice bertween Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe!

If they were smart... they'd give the straps to Joe in a clinic of a match. But since it's TNA, they'll have Angle win yet again in a semi-squash.

Hell, the "EVERYTHING OR NOTHING" match isnt even the main event!

I'll still watch though.

Striker

That link isn't working for me?

ortonnomercy.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
points for a non-cena champion retaining for more than a couple weeks: 20
points for that retainer being rko: -25

Great, so we're actually WORSE off than with cena as champion. damn it. I was thinking of going in with a buddy on summerslam, but to just watch randy rko the five moves of doom to a pinfall... uggh.... HHH better do more on his return than walk to the ring, smile, and say a few glib words....

:(

summerSCRAM

A judge in Tennessee ruled tonight that Adam "Pacman" Jones has been prohibited from participating in a TNA Wrestling event. His NFL team, the Tennessee Titans, sought out the court injunction. Both Jones's agent, Jones's attorney, and TNA declined to comment on the decision.

"Mr. Jones is hereby restrained from providing any 'wrestling' or 'performing services' to TNA ... including but not limited to the TNA Hard Justice pay-per-view event ... for as long as this restraining order is in effect," Judge Robert E. Lee Davies ruled.
:lol :lol :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im surprised by two things. That the Titans went for that because if he gets hurt it would be way to easy for them to cut ties with him and not owe him a dime. Second im surprised that the judge allowed for the restraining order. basically taking away his right to work. I mean its not like the titans are paying him

dskillzhtown

GoutPatrol said:
Mark Henry trained in the dungeon. Doesn't mean they're as good as him.

Mark Henry isn't bad for what they use him as. A big monster. All those years of those strongest man competitions and not actually wrestling sorta guaranteed he wouldn't get better at wrestling. I just wish WWE would allow him to show more of his charisma like they used to.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
So JR said if Jericho comes back it'll be before WM 24.

This week has been so terrible. Kennedy :(

So I may just stop watching until Undertaker comes back at least, because watching 5 hours of television for 20 minutes of CM Punk and Batista just isn't worth it anymore.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
dskillzhtown said:
Mark Henry isn't bad for what they use him as. A big monster. All those years of those strongest man competitions and not actually wrestling sorta guaranteed he wouldn't get better at wrestling. I just wish WWE would allow him to show more of his charisma like they used to.

Yeah I really have no problem with Mark Henry being there. But I don't like watching his matches.

Penguin

I know this was already known...

But if anyone ever uses the site BrightSpot for GameFly...

They had a preview for the Triple H vs King Booker commercial for Summerslam.

Apparently, it is for the title of King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom