• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#1 Obscure PS2 title that you'd pay $100++ for a sequel

Niosai

One of the best games on PS2 imo

71155_front.jpg

I just wish they kept making these period. LINK on the PSP was released in Japan only and apparently didn't do too well. Then I believe they said they were done with the series. (Not counting the tie-in VERSUS from that movie.)

Syril

I just wish they kept making these period. LINK on the PSP was released in Japan only and apparently didn't do too well. Then I believe they said they were done with the series. (Not counting the tie-in VERSUS from that movie.)
Of all the games that get remastered versions, .hack is the biggest no-brainer. I would totally get .hack:\The Good Parts Version, with all four games pared down to one with all the stupid filler and padding taken out.

cruets

$500 for direct sequel to final fantasy 12 with same gameplay, keep the gambits, more marks, more loot. I don't even care about the story, I just wanna grind and get loot without needing a Fucking guild

Z3M0G

Transformers_(2004)_Coverart.png

Open World Semi Collect-a-thon Transformers game. This was the best. But every game after became adaptions of the movies and ditched the gameplay for some TPS shit.

FUCK YES

This is one of the very very few games I ever 100%'d in my life time...

e14359592_12f4d8de246g214.jpg

This game had some of the most insane physics I have ever seen in a PS2 game. It still saddens me that they never made a sequel. Game was fun as hell.

Edit:

Darkwatch.jpg

Darkwatch is another one as well.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Herdy Gerdy & Black are both good choices.

I'd probably say...

gungrave.jpg

I realize there was Overdose but I'd kill for a new-gen Hi-Def take on this series.

ngff02

Radiata_Stories.jpg

brb replaying the first one

406651-gundam_large.jpg

I always wanted to play one that played through ZZ and Char's counterattack. I mean with the excellent UC mode.

Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Gungrave/Gungrave Overdose
Shinobi/Nightshade
Sky Gunner
The Red Star

I loved these games, and I would've loved to see them iterated on or improved (or even HD Remastered) on PS3/360/Wii.

Radiata Stories.
Yus. I'd rather an HD port at this point, but the game deserves more attention. Disregarding the lame battle system, there's great world-building and a hub city with NPC schedules almost at the level of Shenmue (just as impressive given how many recruitable NPCs there are at any one time). I distinctly remember the branching paths in the story, too.

Dark Cloud 2 amirite? T_T
This too, for reasons already made obvious.

SBC1.jpg

It doesn't help that this is also my favorite game of all time
Truly a shame we never got the sequel. I'd fund Kazuma Kujo and co. to make it for PS4, Vita, and PC. The original captivated me with its demo alone; couldn't care less for the music stuff, but modern steampunk is an awesome setting.

Giants_Citizen_Kabuto_Box_Cover.jpg

One of the best games ever made for me. Had a blast with this one
Nick Bruty and his friends at Rogue Rocket are planning on Kickstarting First Wonder, the sequel to Giants.

My turn:

knibx2i.jpg

Gungriffon Blaze deserves a true sequel, not this Allied Strike crap we got for the XBOX. The original Saturn campaigns + Blaze's game and a new set of missions would be great.

Honorable mention goes to the Mister Mosquito games, the second of which was never localized:

dD79SUj.png

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Otostaz.

It was only one of the most genre innovating and downright cheerful games to come out on the PS2. I dare say it would probably be among my Top 25 of All Time.

The Time Played counter stops at a mere 99 hours.

Megasoum

Banned
Yus. I'd rather an HD port at this point, but the game deserves more attention. Disregarding the lame battle system, there's great world-building and a hub city with NPC schedules almost at the level of Shenmue (just as impressive given how many recruitable NPCs there are at any one time). I distinctly remember the branching paths in the story, too.

This too, for reasons already made obvious.

Truly a shame we never got the sequel. I'd fund Kazuma Kujo and co. to make it for PS4, Vita, and PC. The original captivated me with its demo alone; couldn't care less for the music stuff, but modern steampunk is an awesome setting.

Nick Bruty and his friends at Rogue Rocket are planning on Kickstarting First Wonder, the sequel to Giants.

My turn:

knibx2i.jpg

Gungriffon Blaze deserves a true sequel, not this Allied Strike crap we got for the XBOX. The original Saturn campaigns + Blaze's game and a new set of missions would be great.

Honorable mention goes to the Mister Mosquito games, the second of which was never localized:

dD79SUj.png

Hmm something screwed up with your quotes, I never talked about Giant: Citizen Kabuto lol

The time is right for a spiritual successor to Magic Pengel / Graffiti Kingdom.

WiiU pad...DS4 touch pad...or even, say, Kinect motion / voice commands.

Not $100 time is right, but, that's okay, isn't it?

Btw, Magic Pengel did have a Studio Ghibli connection...and it would be great to see that expanded upon...

For me:
sh2.jpg

Shadow Hearts. Easily. So fucking quick. I'd throw $100 or whatever the dev's are asking for (hint hint make a Kickstarter), but I think the IP is in limbo still.

Covenant, the second one, is considered to be the most overlooked best JRPG on the PS2 (best JRPG period; think SMT games but even darker and better)

This. All this. All three are some of the best RPGs on the PS2.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
OP said it best, if there's any game I can get a sequel for it'd be Shadow Hearts. Covenant was one of my favorite games on the system.

Also, Gradius V and GOD HAND are up there as well.

Nags

Banned
Robot Alchemic Drive!

It is one of the most unique control schemes and concepts I've played in a long time. Honestly its jankyness was probably more due to the developer than the hardware restrictions, but it would still be awesome to see with more modern graphics. It would be super rad with more dynamic destruction of environments.

This with Morpheus support.

For me:

Also with Morpeus support.

You can have my wallet for a sequel to this:

Gregory_Horror_Show_Coverart.png

And maybe not crazy money, but I'd certainly buy a sequel to Haunting Ground.

HauntingGround_NA_PS2cover.jpg
[

Oh, I'm noticing a trend with the developers here....

SBC1.jpg

It doesn't help that this is also my favorite game of all time

All these mentions of Steambot Chronicles in here are making me want to go back and try it, I've had it in my cupboard for years but never played past the first half hour.

roknin

Makai_Kingdom.jpg

...man, this whole thread reminds me of how varied the industry used to be, or at least on the Japanese dev side. It feels like there just isn't any "mid tier" devs left... It's either AAA or indie.

Maybe it's just me? Iono'. Just bit feeling as much variety in choice as I did in the PS2/GC/XB/DC era.

roknin

This would be my pick but wasn't there a sequel at some point?

Fuck this thread makes me want to get a PS2 and start spending a lot of $ on these games. What a library

Oh man I never did beat Dark Cloud II...

And yo'... I think I'm going to do just that. Time to get down on more PS2 games.

Zubz

Banned
Like, if this was a right-or-wrong question, I know the answer'd be God Hand, but nostalgia's a killer, and I loved me some Okage as a kid.

20121005064338!Okage.jpg

406651-gundam_large.jpg

I always wanted to play one that played through ZZ and Char's counterattack. I mean with the excellent UC mode.

I don't keep up on the import scene (so I don't know if they just stopped localizing them) but at least they're releasing Dynasty Warriors Gundam in the west..

0130_dmm8.gif

Edit: quoted wrong image-fixed

BROTHER!

Of course it counts. I mentioned it earlier. I expected more people to list that one, actually.

Sadly, it won't ever happen. The rights to the franchise is divided between three companies, if I recall. And the game didn't sell that well, so no way are we getting another game. We could always get a spiritual successor that plays exactly the same though.

Suikoden VI is also something that should happen.

Steel

Banned
My turn:

knibx2i.jpg

Actually had a lot of fun with gungriffon. I agree it deserves a real sequel(and yes Allied strike was a steaming pile).

I don't keep up on the import scene (so I don't know if they just stopped localizing them) but at least they're releasing Dynasty Warriors Gundam in the west..

0130_dmm8.gif

.... Yeah, Dyn warriors gundam is all we get anymore. Sad shit.

Top Bottom