• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Crucial Decisions That Reshaped America (2016 election retrospective)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: This article is really, really long. But if you want the most insight I've seen yet about the campaign of 2016, you have to plow your way through the TL;DR.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...tial-election-10-moments-trump-clinton-214508

In respect to it's thoroughness, I'll simply quote the 10 Decisions and leave actually chewing on the substance of the article as an exercise for anyone who cares to read it.

1. Hillary Clinton copies the Obama playbook. December 12, 2013.
2. Jeb Bush decides to run for president. December 16, 2014.
3. Donald Trump taps Corey Lewandowski as his campaign manager. January 7, 2015.
4. Bernie Sanders doesn’t attack Clinton on her “damn” emails. October 13, 2015.
5. CNN shows Trump’s empty podium for 30 minutes. March 3, 2016.
6. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio play patty-cake with Trump at the debates. August 6, 2015.
7. Trump insults the parents of a dead war hero. July 28, 2016.
8. Clinton decides to take a summer break. August 1, 2016.
9. Trump goes scorched earth after Access Hollywood tape. October 7, 2016.
10. Jim Comey sends a letter to Congress. October 28, 2016.

If that isn't tantalizing enough for you to read the whole thing to get the deets, well that's on you I guess. I'll just say exactly one thing about the ones that stood out the most to me.

#2 is something that Jeb Bush will regret forever.
#4 is a big one, especially for the people who still think Bernie Sanders actually went after Hillary during the Democratic primaries. (He didn't, in fact he purposely held back.)
#5 is a pretty crazy one and reflects some of the media insanity that surrounded Trump.
#8 is one of those things we now look back in hindsight and wonder how the hell that happened.
#9, the infamous "grab the pussy" incident. Still unbelievable today.
#10, that one speaks for itself, the final landmine that ended a disastrous campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom