• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 must watch new TV Shows of 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Some of these HBO shows better be good, I don't care about anything that's airing right now (The Newsroom, The Comeback, etc.) and it's messing up my Sunday evenings.

Tugatrix

Narcos? count me in.

Also Westword is a must see considering the hell of a job Jonathan Nolan is doing on Person of Interest

Hatchtag

Banned
On one hand there's not as many premiers I'm excited about as last year (Better Call Saul vs. Mike Tyson Mysteries, Fargo and Silicon Valley).
On the other hand, every show I loved last year is returning, so I can't complain. Plus there's probably some on the way that either haven't been announced or I just haven't become aware/excited about.

mm04

Never heard of Narcos but it's got Pedro Pascal AND Wagner Moura? I'm interested. Watch Elite Squad if you haven't.

Wiktor

The more I think about next year the more shows I remember that I'm hyped about. Another one I forgot is Bosch. This was my favorite pilot ouf of everything Amazon has done. I like the novels and the show translates them perfectly to screen. Titus Welliver is just plain incredible in that role. He always was great for side characters, but here he finally got chance to lead and boy..does he work this role. The show also made Los Angeles feel very unique, which is kind of miracle considering how often it's background to tv series and movies.

There's some interesting stuff there.

I'm in for Better Call Saul, as I loved BB. However, Saul could be annoying.

Also maybe the untitled rock drama, Utopia, Narcos, The Walking Dead spin-off and the futuristic show with (hot) Evan Rachel Wood.

Nothing really jumps out of me, but several are intriguing.

Decado

Nothing that looks particularly ambitious like Marco Polo, which is disappointing.

Does Cinemax or STARZ have any action shows on tap?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Eh, maybe I'll give a few a watch, but I'll definitely try Better Call Saul and Walking Dead Spinoff. If they hire good writers, than the spinoff can easily surpass the orginal in terms of quality for the Walking Deas.

Are these all actually confirmed for 2015? I don't think the rock and roll hbo show, walking dead spinoff, and Utopia have been confirmed for 2015 even though it's likely some will air then.

FourMyle

Westworld is probably the only one I'll try from that list. If Supergirl comes out next year then I'll check that out as well.

Natiko

Banned
I still can't believe we're getting an Evil Dead series starring Bruce Campbell.

As someone who has only ever seen the recent Evil Dead movie, but really, really liked it - should I attempt to go back and watch the old ones?

Edit: Slightly OT I know. I'm pumped for a few of the shows on this list, but as usual I'll be cautious about beginning to watch any of them until I'm convinced they won't suddenly be canceled and break my heart.

junglist

I really hope that the walking dead spinoff is written, produced and directed with other people. that way the staff that currently does this with walking dead can focus on their show without being distracted.

Moff

great stuff coming

cant wait for expanse and westworld, will definitely give ash and saul a watch, too.

bjaelke

You went with the wrong Wilson.

_1415948963.jpg

impact

Banned
As someone who has only ever seen the recent Evil Dead movie, but really, really liked it - should I attempt to go back and watch the old ones?

Edit: Slightly OT I know. I'm pumped for a few of the shows on this list, but as usual I'll be cautious about beginning to watch any of them until I'm convinced they won't suddenly be canceled and break my heart.

The Evil Dead and 2 are two of the best movies ever made, go do yourself a favor and watch them. Army of Darkness is eh....

I'm pumped for so much on that list it's insane. HBO really needs to get their act together and allow me to sub to them without cable. It's only them who's missing out :|

overcast

Not sure at all about Better Call Saul, don't care about Walking Dead. Daredevil might be pretty cool, definitely the most hyped project of the Marvel bunch that are eventually coming. Ash vs. Evil Dead might be good too since Raimi is involved. Crowe project is something to keep an eye.

HBO has a few in there that I am really looking forward to. Along with True Detective returning they seem to be killing it.

Oddduck

Man, 2015 looks really good.

HBO has one hell of a lineup coming, and I'm excited for Better Call Saul and Daredevil.

Tregard

Soothsayer
more like must-watch = Utopia UK

im still pissed. really no need to change anything as much as I like Fincher so I know im just gonna be bummed with the remake

Seriously, why would you remake something that is already so good? It will nearly certainly not match the UK version.

I'm excited for everything from HBO (except the comedy one), Daredevil, Narcos and Better Call Saul.
Aslo, where's Preacher (AMC)? Or is that never happening?

Sheroking

The Evil Dead and 2 are two of the best movies ever made, go do yourself a favor and watch them. Army of Darkness is eh....

I'm pumped for so much on that list it's insane. HBO really needs to get their act together and allow me to sub to them without cable. It's only them who's missing out :|

Don't listen to this guy.

Skip Evil Dead 1 because the first half of Evil Dead 2 is basically a remake and it's better. Watch Army of Darkness because it's one of the best spoof comedies ever shot.

BFIB

I loved Breaking Bad. Its in my personal top 5 favorite shows of all time.

But I am not really interested in Better Call Saul for some reason. I feel like what we got out of Breaking Bad was the perfect amount.

I'm really looking forward to Netflix's Bloodline (Kyle Chandler, Damages creators) and Sense8 (Wachowskis).

HBO could have an amazing year, so exited for all of their new dramas.

List of scripted renewed/cancelled network TV shows from the 2014-15 season

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC:

RENEWED:
Agent Carter
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
America's Funniest Home Videos
American Crime
The Bachelor
Beyond the Tank
Black-ish
Castle
Dancing with the Stars
Fresh Off the Boat
Galavant
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
How to Get Away with Murder
Last Man Standing
The Middle
Modern Family
Nashville
Once Upon a Time
Scandal
Secrets and Lies
Shark Tank

CANCELLED:
Forever
Manhattan Love Story
Resurrection
Revenge
Selfie
The Taste

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS:

RENEWED:
2 Broke Girls
The Amazing Race
The Big Bang Theory
Big Brother
Blue Bloods
Criminal Minds
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (ending with a 2 hour movie, not a whole season)
CSI: Cyber
Elementary
The Good Wife
Hawaii Five-0
Madam Secretary
Mike & Molly
Mom
NCIS
NCIS: Los Angeles
NCIS: New Orleans
The Odd Couple
Person of Interest
Scorpion
Survivor
Undercover Boss

CANCELLED:
Battle Creek
The McCarthys
The Mentalist (final season was planned)
The Millers
Stalker
Two and a Half Men (final season was planned)

The CW:

RENEWED:
The 100
America's Next Top Model
Arrow
Beauty & the Beast
The Flash
iZombie
Jane the Virgin
The Originals
Reign
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
Whose Line Is It Anyway?

CANCELLED:
Hart of Dixie
The Messengers

Fox:

RENEWED:
American Idol
Bob's Burgers
Bones
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Empire
Family Guy
Gotham
The Last Man on Earth
MasterChef Junior
New Girl
The Simpsons
Sleepy Hollow
World's Funniest Fails

CANCELLED:
Backstrom
The Following
Glee (final season was planned)
The Mindy Project (saved by Hulu)
Mulaney
Red Band Society
Utopia
Weird Loners

NBC:

RENEWED:
The Apprentice
The Biggest Loser
The Blacklist
Chicago Fire
Chicago P.D.
Dateline NBC
Grimm
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
The Mysteries of Laura
The Night Shift
Undateable
The Voice

CANCELLED:
A to Z
About a Boy
Allegiance
Bad Judge
Constantine
Marry Me
One Big Happy
Parenthood (final season was planned)
Parks and Recreation (final season was planned)
State of Affairs

TO BE DETERMINED:
American Odyssey
AD: The Bible Continues

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom