• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

100,000 giant bats have invaded a town in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/100000-giant-bats-taken-over-batemans-bay-australia

Batemans Bay, a town in Australia, has a super high batting percentage right now. Literally: 100,000 giant bats with 3-foot wingspans have taken over the town and won’t leave.

One of the residents told Sky News, “I can’t open the windows, I can’t use the clotheslines, it’s just, I can’t study because the noise just goes constantly. I can’t concentrate. It’s not fun.”

These creatures are called grey-headed flying foxes, and, according to animal rights groups, there’s not much the residents can do about it. The bats will just move on when they are ready to move on.

Look at these massive animals:

screen-shot-2016-05-30-at-1-46-31-pm.jpg

Palmer_v1

I'm just waiting for the Shyamalan twist where we find out Australia is the result of some weird scientific experiment gone wrong, and the drunk scientist just keeps releasing weirder and weirder animals to try and deal with his original infestation.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Living in Austin, TX made me totally desensitized to large bat populations. They're very cool animals...until they fly a few inches in front of your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom