• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Games - 12 Scores, What's Your Prediction? (2017 Edition)

Zedark

Just behind the top 10 with my 36 points, Prey seemed to have given me a good result (I had 79 vs. the actual 80 score).

daveo42

Banned
Way overshot on Yooka and was at least somewhat close on Prey, but I think I'm out of the running at this point. And I was doing so well early on.

No. Once a score is locked in, it's locked in. Same would apply if the Xbox One version ever passed the PS4 (which has a score 6 points higher and is only a few reviews short of passing it).

Way overshot on Yooka and was at least somewhat close on Prey, but I think I'm out of the running at this point. And I was doing so well early on.

Only half-way done at this point. Plenty of time for disaster to strike or for you to do very well.

Spman2099

You have my sympathies, Yooka did some serious damage to my score. I was sitting pretty before it released...

Holy shit I'm tied first place! Hope that keeps up.

Your Cuphead score is going to sink you, Plum. Enjoy your brief time in the sun.

Completely forgot about this until I checked my subscriptions today. Looks like I'm currently at number 242! Lol.

Time for a comeback!

I've only got Mario Odyssey down at 91. I thought that would be playing second fiddle to Breath of the Wild this year, but having seen more I reckon I've undercooked that by 5-6 points. It looks incredible in pretty much every regard.

Spman2099

I've only got Mario Odyssey down at 91. I thought that would be playing second fiddle to Breath of the Wild this year, but having seen more I reckon I've undercooked that by 5-6 points. It looks incredible in pretty much every regard.

I gave it the same score. I think we were being reasonable, as it seemed like low 90s was about as high as a game could be scored these days. However, what we didn't take into consideration is the kind of hysteria that can surround a very good game, from a series with a strong cultural cache, on the first Nintendo system in forever that people have actually been excited about (and is starved for games because it is still in its infancy). It is a perfect storm for "enthusiastic" review scores.

Dantrist

AZ4yYvw.gif

Should've seen it coming, but 'surely they won't delay it again', I thought.

What's funnier is that a lot didn't seem to have that much faith in Sonic Mania, I see a lot of sub-80 scores with occasional scores in the 60s. Gaf prediction ended up a little less than 10 points below actual MC.

What's funnier is that a lot didn't seem to have that much faith in Sonic Mania, I see a lot of sub-80 scores with occasional scores in the 60s. Gaf prediction ended up a little less than 10 points below actual MC.

Yeah I only put it at 73. I also made a separate bold prediction for every game and put the one for Sonic Mania at 60 lol. I'm shocked Sega didn't screw it up.

weekev

Banned
Ok, everything is finally updated. I'm really sorry about the delay. Mario and AC are all that's left. I'll be sure to update those promptly for those of you following along!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...25dVbhYT-wGE24AAoiZ7uBVDQ/edit#gid=1847418456
Don’t worry about the delay this is a lot of work and it is appreciated that you have taken the time to do it. Was doing ok until Crackdown was delayed and underscored Cuphead despite thinking it would be incredible. Looks like my Mario score is gonna be way too low to challenge as well. Ah well this was fun!

Hello everyone. I will still update this thread for the final scores but the person who was to donate the prize has left GAF after recent events (like a good 10% of this thread) so there will be no prize for the winner. My apologies.

For the record, I will not be continuing this next year. If anyone else would like to take it on, you are welcome. This is an open invitation to anyone - you certainly have my blessing.

If anyone would like to take this on here, please let me know. Someone has requested permission at another forum close to this one and I have granted it.

Top Bottom