• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 Days of E3 - Day 7: Microsoft 2010

Eblo

original.gif

Every time.

Percy

Banned
It was fine until Kinect showed up, then it turned into a fucking clownshow.

Probably the worst 360 era MS E3 of the bunch.

This is one of those conferences where I only remember bits and pieces. The funny thing is, all of those bits and pieces are the bad ones and I don't remember any of the cool stuff that happened at the beginning of the conference. Read the OP and was like "Oh yeah, Gears 3 and Reach, I forgot."

Sadist

I´d say the worst E3 conference out of the big 3 I´ve seen.

I remember the many Kinect announcements, Facebook and ESPN stuff. And Call of Duty. I can´t name anything else from that conference exept for those. Terrible. Good thing Nintendo followed up with their great presentatiion.

Darksol

I remember going from "okay, I guess" to "Wtf is this?" in the span of half an hour. Not their worst conference, but certainly far from the best too.

Honestly that E3 conference wasn't terrible. It had its great parts, and it's bad part a but it was overall decent and uninspiring but nothing too bad. MGS Rising, Black Ops, and the new X360 reveal was great. Also GoW3 was cool.

Salty Hippo

Their pacing is usually pretty excellent. They definitively had the best conference flow in 2014.

It's just the content that fucks it all up.

What? 2013 and 2014 were packed with good stuff. Flow means nothing if your content is weak, and that certainly wasn't the case last year.

Anyway, I hope the good conference is from the Peter Moore days, the early 360 suff was excellent. Unbeliavable how it all went to shit after Don Mattrick.

Terrell

I missed this part in the OP:

We then get that damn traitor Hideo Kojima talking about Metal Gear Solid on Xbox. Of course I'm only joking, but I'm still convinced that Microsoft refuse to let Japanese developers speak Japanese with translators at their conferences, because Kojima pretty much always has a translator at western conferences.

Must have been a shortage of translators, cuz it seems like it was a bad year for Konami developers speaking English in general, if their 2010 conference is anything to go by.

... I'll see myself out.

What? 2013 and 2014 were packed with good stuff. Flow means nothing if your content is weak, and that certainly wasn't the case last year.

Anyway, I hope the good conference is from the Peter Moore days, the early 360 suff was excellent. Unbeliavable how it all went to shit after Don Mattrick.

I never said that. At least I didn't mean.

Even 2010 had great flow. The demos were quick and fully demonstrated the games. The demos were just for shit games.

2014 was Microsoft's best conference in years.

Christos

My god this conference is full of cringe. That Kinect Video demo *facepalm*. "My Gamerscore is 100% legit!" Also, it's amazing how no one was clapping except the guy who was presenting the Kinect Demos.

Top Bottom