• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse teaser(TheOman...get your A$$ in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Very Audi-TT-like in profile (a good thing, IMO)

3868866008819532.JPG

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Also, check out Nissans new "mini-Z" they will be showing off @ detroit:

Azeal6873545430.jpg

Nissan tales new look at 'pocket rocket' with Azeal

By Dale Jewett
Automotive News / December 20, 2004
2426-1520-2517-0118

Nissan says the Azeal concept that will be at the Detroit auto show next month is a fresh look at the "pocket rocket" high-performance small car segment.

This sketch of the concept gives the impression that the Azeal could also be called the "Mini Z," with similarities in the roof line and fenders to Nissan's 350Z sports car.

The Azeal is the first concept created at the design studio in Nissan's technical center in Farmington Hills, Mich.

The automaker is searching for a successor to the Sentra that has more emotional appeal. The Sentra is scheduled to be redesigned for either the 2006 or 2007 model year.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Kleegamefan said:
Very Audi-TT-like in profile (a good thing, IMO)

3868866008819532.JPG

Awesome!! How did you find this?

I cannot wait to take this thing for a test drive...the only thing that sucks is that we only have 1 Mitsubishi dealer in this city, so I'm guessing they'll be able to command any price they want.

Edit: I looked at the latest Sport Compact Car yesterday...the Skyline GT-R is coming to North America (looks like a boy racer version of the Infiniti G35 AWD), and the new Supra is definitely on its way, but it will be 100 000+ dollars and come under the Lexus line. If I remember right, it'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500hp/500 lb-ft of torque.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It'll never be released looking like that. Holy shit is that thing UGLY!

That's not exactly what it looks like, although the basic shape should be the same. Looks like they changed the headlights from the concept version which I posted pics of.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
AlphaSnake said:
It'll never be released looking like that. Holy shit is that thing UGLY!

Actually I think the current Eclipse is one of the ugliest cars on the road:

eclipsegts04_02.jpg

This new concept is a marked improvement.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Hmmm, Sport Compact Car says one thing, Edmund's says another...who to believe?

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/toyota/supra/100486034/preview.html

Preview

What Edmunds.com Says: Toyota will eschew all likeness to the Volta concept in the design of its next "super car."

What We Know: Contrary to rumors, Toyota's Supra replacement will in no way, shape or form, bear any resemblance to the Giugiaro-designed Volta concept which appeared in Geneva last March. Toyota does, however, plan on delivering a high-performance sports car along the lines of the departed Supra some time between the end of 2006 and 2007. This two-door, front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sport coupe might be built on an all-new platform, although it's expected that Lexus will not build its own variation. The car will probably be priced under $30,000 and some sort of prototype could very likely debut at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ok wait...I can't tell which the front and which is the back of the new Eclipse. :|

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Kleegamefan said:
TheOman...that new supra is actually the Lexus LF-A concept Exotic car:

78256.jpg

lfa.jpg

Oooooh, daddy like. If this thing has 4 seats for actual adults I am so sold, even if it is north of 50 large.

Bacon said:
So if that thing flips are you like fucked?

Good question - either it'll have to be seriously reinforced or they're gonna have to rethink the whole glass roof thing.

Seth C said:
Just make the new Supra look like the old Supra, dammit. It's still gorgeous.

Man, I totally agree with you - timeless look and they are *still* pricey considering their age.

AlphaSnake said:
Ok wait...I can't tell which the front and which is the back of the new Eclipse. :|

Yeah yeah, I know, I still like it, very unique look.

Spyshots of the new Eclipse:

8154_image.jpg

8155_image.jpg

8156_image.jpg

I know it's a rather camoflaged look at the car, but those overhangs do not look promising. I hope that is not indicative of the end product.

Tarazet

The current Eclipse is an attractive looking car, but once I sat in it, I knew I could never own it. I'm 6'1" and I could barely see out of it, in any direction. I refused to drive it because I felt the poor visibility was a real hazard, and walked out of the dealership.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
I drive a 2001 Eclipse, and I think it's pretty nice looking, a fun drive, and at least for the first few years I had it, turned heads in the teenage crowd.

However, the visibility is pretty much atrocious. My parents bought this car when I was 17 and decided to let me drive it as my car. That was probably a mistake because about two months after we got it I got in an accident when an old woman was in my blindspot (which is enormous) and I changed lanes. It's a fun car to drive and looks good, at least when clean, mine is dark red, but it does have pretty poor visibility. Up at college I drive a rockin '98 white Mercury Sable, so pretty much any kind of sportiness I had in my blood has been pulled out due to safety reasons from my Dad.

I'm 6' and I really don't have problems seeing out of the front but some of my taller friends seem to have some problems with it. And oh yeah, if that's what the next one looks like, there's no way I'm getting that once I graduate college. Ugly.

raYne

The Eclipse hasn't been attractive since 2000... and the upcoming one seems to keep that trend going!

Yay Mitsubishi!

thefit

Does it matter what it looks like? It wasn't fast then and it still ain't and now its a total chick car. Detroit muscle for me please.

raYne

Here we go with the American Muscle car stuff... blah...

Anyhow, it matters 'cause it sucks. And I personally still wouldn't buy the fastest car in the world if it was ugly, speed alone =/= worth of purchase.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
that looks alot like last years concept, mitsu better not release it looking like that! The new supra should rock though, Im personally dying to see the new dodge charger concept though. That car should own. Will we ever get another skyline here in the states?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Kleegamefan said:
Also, check out Nissans new "mini-Z" they will be showing off @ detroit:

Azeal6873545430.jpg
I like this one, though it's still not as cool as a 2nd Gen RX-7.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DonasaurusRex said:
that looks alot like last years concept, mitsu better not release it looking like that! The new supra should rock though, Im personally dying to see the new dodge charger concept though. That car should own. Will we ever get another skyline here in the states?

When is the new Supra due out, btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom