• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
randomwab said:
That Doom 3 mod looks and sounds great. Gonna give it a whirl tonight.

Here are the sheer volume of options available:

doom32011-07-1112-03-0nnk0.png

I don't really use many graphics mods - just color grading and motion blur. It's all that's necessary really to bring it up to scratch without looking out of place.

Gvaz

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
[im]http://www.abload.de/img/doom32011-07-1111-17-58n8v.png[/img]

http://www.abload.de/img/doom32011-07-1101-06-0fns8.png[img][/quote]
are you playing with a texture mod? I couldn't find a good one but I got sikkmod working finally on my amd setup.

legacyzero

Banned
Would somebody be so kind as to give me a TL;DR step by step on modding Fallout 3? I'm a little nooby on this stuff. I want to use a texture mod to make the game look better. I already have the FOMM and that other program to use, just not sure how to use them, or where the files should go.

QP3

I absolutely love my macbook...

...but looking through this thread makes it very, very hard to.

p.s. great screens everyone!

Stallion Free said:
By Youtube standards it looks pretty damn good. That said, I still am interested in seeing if using x264 before uploading helps at all.

People should lower standards a bit before they watch a vid on Youtube and if you are showing this to people who are gonna be real anal, then upload the actual video file. Those look like sex after Youtube.

The original video file weights 48gb XD

I too am interested seeing the difference. I am currently re-uploading the first part using a h.264 compressed video file. the first Xvid mpeg4 file I sent was quite large (3.09gb) while the h.264 one weights only 852mb by comparison. Yet I have this feeling that the h.264 file will look better. Let's see...........

Also,

x3sphere said:

What the hell is going on in this picture ? The shadows and SSAO looks squared/full of small vertical lines, not to mention the look of his face.

x3sphere

papersleeves said:
The original video file weights 48gb XD

I too am interested seeing the difference. I am currently re-uploading the first part using a h.264 compressed video file. the first Xvid mpeg4 file I sent was quite large (3.09gb) while the h.264 one weights only 852mb by comparison. Yet I have this feeling that the h.264 file will look better. Let's see...........

Also,

What the hell is going on in this picture ? The shadows and SSAO looks squared/full of small vertical lines, not to mention the look of his face.

I've got SSAO turned off. Regardless, the shadows have a dithering effect in TW2. Heard ubersampling makes it a lot less noticeable, of course at the expense of a huge performance hit. Not really fussed about it though, barely visible in motion.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
sp3000 said:
Stallion you should be using the epic high res texture pack for Unreal for maximum eye candy

http://www.oldunreal.com/textures.html

Also get the 227 patch http://www.oldunreal.com/oldunrealpatches.html
for added effects like dynamic shadows. The difference with the texture pack is massive, with most texture being replaced with 4096 x 4096 replacements. It seriously puts modern games to shame!
Oh shit I completely forgot about the Official high-res textures, thanks a ton for reminding me.

Do you know if 227 works nice with the dx10 renderer?

sp3000

Stallion Free said:
Oh shit I completely forgot about the Official high-res textures, thanks a ton for reminding me.

Do you know if 227 works nice with the dx10 renderer?

It should be fine as 227 doesnt change the renderer itself. Just change the renderer to dx10 in the ini file after you install the patch.

I actually use the dx9 renderer with enbseries since I think it's implementation of bloom is much better than in the dx10 one, but I guess it's personal choice.

FEAR: Extraction Point.

Started okay, more of the the same FEAR, but the level design got really really boring. They even recycled entire areas from FEAR.

Anyway, it's an old game that still holds up imo. I like the very clean depth of field it uses sometimes, wish there was more of it:

fearxp2011-07-1207-31-sux8.png

And dat blood - they really don't do splatter nowadays like they did in 2005. FEAR and DOOM 3 <3 <3

fearxp2011-07-1207-42-guh1.png

2bVyK.jpg

WcHAE.jpg

Lots of really good particle effects and explosions in this game. I seemed to remember the jungle scene looking a lot better in motion but that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom