• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I had to lower the resolution to 1912x1076. CCC is playing up again (that's piece of shit AMD drivers for you) and is giving me underscan when I select 1080p over HDMI. It's fine though, unnoticeable and doesn't affect the image because it just trims off the difference.

scitek said:
princeofpersia_launchektvr.png

Oh my, that looks beautiful i need to get back to this game.

Stallion Free said:
You have to really fail at resize pics to make them blurrier.

Lol.

You're all right though, they're definitely blurrier than the game appears while playing, and they don't look as good as I thought. I really need to listen to Stallion Free and bump up the LOD bias.

It's strange though, those rock textures in-game looked sharp as hell, even with the softer look. Well, I'll post results later on.

Strange thing though is that the rule for calculating the correct negative lod should be "bias = -0.5 * log2(samples)", which gives a -1.0 lod bias for 4xsgssaa.

EDIT: I was doing something wrong, the game now is much sharper with same lod settings.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dizzy-4U said:
Oh man, I did this quest a few days ago. The guy who designed this needs to be punched in the face so goddamn hard.

Oh no sir, this is not the stupid "find the towers in the correct order" shit, this is like the 200th quest that takes you back to that POS desert.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jim-jam bongs said:
Snuggles, stop replaying ME2 and play some Baldur's Gate 2 instead. The screenshots aren't as nice but you feel less dirty afterwards.

Fine.

I couldn't stop until I made Garry's face and Tali's burka look better, I felt like I owed it to them for all the adventures we've had together.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
HooYaH said:
Are you using those ME2 texture mods? If so, is it true that load times take 5-10 mins?

Yep. I'm using the optimized set, and it takes about five minutes to load the game. The ultra set must take 10-15 minutes to load.

It's a nice upgrade, though. Just compare them with these vanilla pics of Tali and Garrus:

Khal_B

Snuggler said:
Yep. I'm using the optimized set, and it takes about five minutes to load the game. The ultra set must take 10-15 minutes to load.

Hmm, I was thinking about trying those. What are your specs?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Khal_B said:
Hmm, I was thinking about trying those. What are your specs?

nothing too special, just a GTX 460, i5 quadcore, 8gb ram

aside from the long initial load, the optimized texture pack doesn't detract from performance at all

it just fixes up the textures on your squad mates, instead of overhauling ALL of the textures (which would be nice to see), so it isn't very taxing

here are tali and garrus without the texmod, for comparison

with texmod (as pictured above):

Khal_B

Thx for the info Snuggler, definitely a very noticeable difference between the two. Looks like I'll be replaying ME2 yet again.

Snuggler said:

aside from the long initial load, the optimized texture pack doesn't detract from performance at all

it just fixes up the textures on your squad mates, instead of overhauling ALL of the textures (which would be nice to see), so it isn't very taxing

here are tali and garrus without the texmod, for comparison

with texmod (as pictured above):

Where can I find those mods, Im going to start my rplay of ME2 and would love to play it like that.

Doom 3 still looks quite nice. Good atmosphere.

I should really play it one day. My PC couldn't run it when it first came out and then I heard the stuff about lame enemy spawning and just never really thought about it again.

Yeah I've seen you pimping that in the Steam thread. Doesn't that take away the horror element? The thing that still interests me is screaming like a girl as you switch from the torch to your gun manically.

Gvaz

Banned
Snuggler said:

I have a lesser system and tried using the Ultra textures along with general texture improvements to everything, and instead of hard 60fps all the time on vanilla, I was getting like 17fps when looking at say the hologram of the Normandy. It looked nicer but it got really laggy.

Also none of those HD mods work on the Loyal armors or DLC armors for you or your squad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah I've seen you pimping that in the Steam thread. Doesn't that take away the horror element? The thing that still interests me is screaming like a girl as you switch from the torch to your gun manically.
It's still tense as you still have the flashlight switching mechanic, but it also makes the game a bit more exciting.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Thiefy Doom 3 total conversion. It's fairly high quality, just a little bit clunky. I was trying the training level before deciding which mission to download and play. Amnesia's visuals are similar, no?
5181df637176d1b1b7a2d1ea29597e3faaa2de30.png

96fd00aee28e27a22e6b265160fe4b386796d97f.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom