• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Part 2

ofdrdemo2011-03-0715-35j9r.png

ofdrdemo2011-03-0715-3k8od.png

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising demo part 4 (maxed out of course). Slightly old game so those expecting Crysis look elsewhere :p

ofdrdemo2011-03-0716-2zk9f.png

ofdrdemo2011-03-0716-26kd8.png

LyR

Banned
I think Steamscreenshot is a great alternative, superb quality, not as bad as some make it out to be.

If you want bad compression take jpgs with fraps ... that's what I call terrible

Steamscreenshot - Far Cry 2 maxed out (well almost... directx9 because I want my 60fps)

F80C7B64DDAB90F7F55855E1F638B7F0DA9B137B

Fraps - Garrys Mod (.bmp converted to .jpg with CS5 - quality max/10 )

hl22011-02-1803-37-44-rklz.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I expected Steam shots to look worse considering how much compression they seemed to use, but I can't tell anything really obvious about the Far Cry 2 one. If you want to do a stress test I'm guessing an image with big solid color regions might show artifacts.

awesome pictures
Oh man, I want some of that capture-the-goat gameplay mode!

Half-life resident evil kart
WHAT :lol

Tokubetsu

Pretty much exactly how I'm playing it Golem. With the hires pack, the game definitely looks a bit better. Especially in motion.

golem

Tokubetsu said:
Pretty much exactly how I'm playing it Golem. With the hires pack, the game definitely looks a bit better. Especially in motion.
Yea after the demo I was thinking 'shit mountain' as well, but the final product looks pretty good

Rubezh

golem said:
Dragon Age 2
DX10 High settings, SSAO, Highres Texture Pack, 2x AA

Does the texture pack have a big impact on the DX10 visuals? I thought the Bioware social site said most of the improvements were for DX11.

Tokubetsu

Rubezh said:
Does the texture pack have a big impact on the DX10 visuals? I thought the Bioware social site said most of the improvements were for DX11.

It does. The armor looks a lot better imo. When it gets in for those close ups ind ialog is still a bit eh but its still an improvement.

derFeef

Age of Conan, testing out that new engine update.
Improved SSAO, lighrays and whatnot. Sadly AA is that blurry mess thanks to deferred lighting :/ Still runs and looks better overall.

10b507ef.jpg

a77df8ff.jpg

Dragon Age 2, DX11 Very High w/ High Resolution Texture Pack and 4xMSAA. No SSAO as I'm on a 570 and its pretty much unplayable with it on.

dragonage22011-03-0814d7ge.jpg

dragonage22011-03-0814ru3e.jpg

Gandie

My first post in this thread. I followed all the instructions, I hope I did nothing wrong.

Anyways, two shots from HL2 with Cinematic Mod 10.9

hl22011-03-0821-18-34-o9kq.jpg

hl22011-03-0821-20-48-fbzx.jpg

It's amazing how such an old game can look with 15 GB of mods :lol

Fitz

Ah yes nice, the HL2 Cinematic mod really is great. I've been meaning to play through with it myself but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
zombieshavebrains said:
DA2 doesn't impress me. The HUD looks horrible :(
Is it supposed to look better than Tomb Raider Underworld? Because with the kind of performance people are reporting, I'm like ehhhhh.... what is hindering it? I don't see it.

Fitz

Pikelet said:
Those Hl2 shots look worse than my game looks without mods. Why does the water and fence looks so shitty?

The fence needs some transparency AA, no idea why the water is messed up, doesn't look like that for me.

Blizzard

Banned
scitek, I think those are some of the nicest Bulletstorm shots I've seen. Some of them look pretty clear, too. Did you find some way to turn the post-processing off, or did you just turn it to low?

Gandie

Colkate said:
The fence needs some transparency AA, no idea why the water is messed up, doesn't look like that for me.

I have to force transparency AA via Nvidia Inspector right?

Sorry for the newbish questions but it's been a long time since I've owned a gaming PC.

scitek

Blizzard said:
scitek, I think those are some of the nicest Bulletstorm shots I've seen. Some of them look pretty clear, too. Did you find some way to turn the post-processing off, or did you just turn it to low?

All I did was turn off light shafts because there's a problem with them on Radeon 69xx cards. Everything else is set to high.

scitek said:
Crysis
REALoaded mod

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis2011-03-0910-01-yhjt.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/crysis2011-03-0910-03-bcwx.png[/MG][/QUOTE]

gat dang. that is absolutely stunning. is that the name of the mod? because I'm not getting any results in google

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know how people can stand MSAA. I would rather have 2x SSAA than 8x MSAA.

scitek

From The Dust said:
gat dang. that is absolutely stunning. is that the name of the mod? because I'm not getting any results in google

It's really just a compilation of mods put together with an installer/uninstaller. Just got uploaded two days ago from what I can tell.

You can find it here.

Dice said:
I don't know how people can stand MSAA. I would rather have 2x SSAA than 8x MSAA.

I don't know much about it, myself. Is there much of a performance difference? That'd be the biggest factor for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom