• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

a5357af98c197bc772b76dda5c7a77fb.gif

Any of the resident basketball Xs&Os gurus watch that Cuban on first take clip? I'd like your thoughts. I actually feel like Skip was completely right, and Cuban's really overplaying the Mav's defense versus the BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME vanishing consistently in the fourth quarter last year.

Any of the resident basketball Xs&Os gurus watch that Cuban on first take clip? I'd like your thoughts. I actually feel like Skip was completely right, and Cuban's really overplaying the Mav's defense versus the BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME vanishing consistently in the fourth quarter last year.

I think Cuban was just pissed that Skip wasn't giving any credit to the Mavericks for winning last year.

Fantomex

There were many breakdowns on NBA TV but this blog has a lot of the formula as to the breakdown on how they defended him.

http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/have-mavericks-found-a-recipe-to-defend-lebron

Mavs’ game plan to slow down LeBron was surprisingly simple – they did everything they could to turn him into a point guard and Wade into alpha dog by following only 3 steps…

Defend Wade 1-on-1 with weaker defender as often as possible
That way he had more favorable matchup than LeBron so it was logical to run a lot of action through him.
In a related note Wade scored more points per game in the Finals than in the regular season even though he missed parts of Game 5 because of injuries.

Double-team LeBron as often as possible, especially by packing the paint on drives to the basket
That way it was a logical move for him to pass to open teammates
. In a related note in those six games he attempted maximum of 4 free throws in a single game… while his regular season average was over 8!

Pressure nominal point guard so ball would go straight to LeBron
That way LeBron started possessions as a point guard… and he acted like one because it was logical for his team!

that's what it sounded more like to me

I would say they were both right

Yea, Bron collapse but Mavs crazy comebacks and Dirk being in God Mode definitely played a hand in that along with their D.

It's like saying Harden and YNB phoned it in and weren't mentally ready. So? Did Miami not stop them from scoring while scoring more? Dallas got to Bron in many ways, the same can be said of YNB and Hardon this year.

jman2050

There were many breakdowns on NBA TV but this blog has a lot of the formula as to the breakdown on how they defended him.

http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/have-mavericks-found-a-recipe-to-defend-lebron

Mavs’ game plan to slow down LeBron was surprisingly simple – they did everything they could to turn him into a point guard and Wade into alpha dog by following only 3 steps…

This seems like what OKC tried to do this Finals but they didn't have the personnel for it and Lebron dominated them anyway.

This seems like what OKC tried to do this Finals but they didn't have the personnel for it and Lebron dominated them anyway.

Shawn Marion doesn't get enough credit for being a good defensive player. Dude was a fuckin shut down defender against any player he defended last year.

Shawn Marion doesn't get enough credit for being a good defensive player. Dude was a fuckin shut down defender against any player he went against last year.

This. plus that Tyson Chandler was the second line of defense. People can't just say Lebron should have attack the basket with his limited post game at the time.

Damn, I just read that Lebron celebrated last night by drinking a 75k bottle of champagne. WTH? I'd love to be in the business of making that stuff.

Picture time

Shane was the only Heat player practicing way before the game started.
Pz2w5l.jpg

LMFAO in the house
AKOMpl.jpg

The view from my seats
oGNfFl.jpg

The King
qJKTEl.jpg

My blurry Trophy pic
Y2HBPl.jpg

This is the video of the time running down. This is what it looked like.

We are the Champions

Mxrz

Shawn Marion doesn't get enough credit for being a good defensive player. Dude was a fuckin shut down defender against any player he defended last year.

Yep. But everyone forgets who he is.

Listening to these callers makes me dislike Miami a bit. Complexes all over.

TylerD

The Sports Animal in OKC just played a clip from First Take this morning with Cuban and Bayliss. Cuban absolutely massacred him.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The Sports Animal in OKC just played a clip from First Take this morning with Cuban and Bayliss. Cuban absolutely massacred him.

He sounded silly for a large chunk, especially when he wanted to sound like he was on the Mavs head coaching staff, and went on and on about how easy it is for him to break down game tape quickly.

Starting to realize that basketball is over for now, thank god for Olympics. Now I have to watch the Marlins, we suck this month.

I have gone back and read most of the posts during and after the game, NBA-gaf you surprised me. For the most part no one acted a fool, no crazy hate, actual congrats. I came in here a few years ago thinking this place was nut house but I have learned the error of my ways. Best-gaf for sure, it was great sharing another season with you guys, especially the other Heat fans.

Top Bottom