• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Celtics got taken to 7 by both a shitty ass Hawks team and a shitty Cav team the year they shamed your lakers in the Finals. Boston has played to their competitions level for years, you would have to be blind to say they didn't step it up against the Heat.

Nobody is bragging about making it out of the east. You are saying that even with Bosh and Wade LBJ still can't get a ring, while he's still in a great spot to win one. In the same breath you are claiming Heat would get knocked out in the second round in the WCF when you and everyone else in this thread constantly argues me down about how the Heat are the overwhelming favorites.

Something something dissonance..

Comparing this year's Celtics team to the one that chipped 4 years ago? LOL KG was 32, Pierce was 30, Ray Allen was 32 and not injured and they were much deeper. I don't think The Cavs were as shitty as everyone keeps saying, Hawks suffer from ISO ball that gives you a fighting chance if your stars are hot.

Has LeBron won a ring with Bosh and Wade? I don't think they're favorites to win a chip this year anymore, if Bosh isn't 100%. They were favorites to beat Pacers and Clets cause those teams suck.

Nothing I've said contradicts anything but please, continue to Lark it up.

Vahagn

TS drops by 5.5% in elimination games? Clutch!

shoot 25.9% on game tying or game winning playoff shots? Clutch!

Have your teams Ortg drop by 18 points in the clutch? Clutch!

You're wrong, and you have to bring advanced stats to your argument to attempt to prove otherwise.

5 chips, most game winners in history, amazing record in closeout games in the playoffs, amazing record in games decided by 3 points or less or overtime games, countless crazy performances in clutch situations etc. You're wrong, get over it and move on.

Vahagn

that's because it fucks up your misguided rant? ok thanks for playing..

Not at all. You're clearly an idiot if you think being drafted at 17 on the team you grew up idolizing is the same as scoping out the competition entering your prime, and going to a team with your biggest rival of your generation and Bosh because you're tired of trying to carry the load on your 66 win home team you just quit on.

But hey, nuance in argument is above your pay grade.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Comparing this year's Celtics team to the one that chipped 4 years ago? LOL KG was 32, Pierce was 30, Ray Allen was 32 and not injured and they were much deeper. I don't think The Cavs were as shitty as everyone keeps saying, Hawks suffer from ISO ball that gives you a fighting chance if your stars are hot.

Has LeBron won a ring with Bosh and Wade? I don't think they're favorites to win a chip this year anymore, if Bosh isn't 100%. They were favorites to beat Pacers and Clets cause those teams suck.

LBJ Cavs were an ok team.. You saw how bad they were once you removed LBJ from the team tho..

Blackace

They relied on Bron more than any team has relied on anyone one player, I'll agree with that.

edit: That is except Hakeem's Rockets.

I don't know... I think Dream's Rockets could have made 8th seed without him..

Just like the Magic played 8th seed good without D12..

the Cavs were a mess without Bron..

KingGondo

Banned
Thunder in 6.

OKC has the athleticism and defensive ability to slow down LeBron, Wade and Bosh--and force guys like Chalmers, Battier, and Haslem to have consistent production. I trust Harden and Ibaka to perform better than Battier and Haslem.

OKC's offense has been going off lately, and the Thunder have been very tough to beat at home all season (but especially in the playoffs). I think they drop 2 in Miami, win all 3 at home and one on the road.

The #1 key IMO is continuing the surprising trend of ball security--OKC has the second-lowest turnover percentage in the playoffs, reducing it from 15.3 per 100 possessions (in the regular season) to 11.2. If they can keep up this trend, the Thunder shouldn't have much trouble breaking 100 points in virtually every game. I also think there's no reason OKC shouldn't solidly out-rebound Miami, which should go a long way toward winning the series.

Nervous, but confident in the team's ability considering how they've been playing these playoffs (and especially against the Spurs). Should be fun and hard-fought.

LuchaShaq

Banned
LBJ Cavs were an ok team.. You saw how bad they were once you removed LBJ from the team tho..

It's telling that the only "all star" he played with become the clippers third string pg until Billups went down. You could trade Lebron for any other all star from 05-09 and most years they wouldn't have even been above 40-45 wins.

That front office wasted so many picks, and turned down Hickson trades that were crazy to not take. Hell even the farmar/Odom/Butler/smush/kwame era lakers had better supporting casts around Kobe than the cavs had around lebron.

Glad that troll is banned

Not at all. You're clearly an idiot if you think being drafted at 17 on the team you grew up idolizing is the same as scoping out the competition entering your prime, and going to a team with your biggest rival of your generation and Bosh because you're tired of trying to carry the load on your 66 win home team you just quit on.

But hey, nuance in argument is above your pay grade.

You're right it's not the same, it's a hell of a lot bitchier to pull what Kobe pulled before you've played a single game in the league.

Blackace

It's telling that the only "all star" he played with become the clippers third string pg until Billups went down. You could trade Lebron for any other all star from 05-09 and most years they wouldn't have even been above 40-45 wins.

I think Kobe would have have carried that team to 50+ wins..

You don't get all-star bids for playing D sadly.. the Cavs were a great defensive team that only had Bron on O..

These finals are going to be incredible. The two best players in the world head to head. The start of a rivalry that could be around for many years to come. Epic shit.

This thread is some epic shit so far too. lol

I don't know... I think Dream's Rockets could have made 8th seed without him..

Just like the Magic played 8th seed good without D12..

the Cavs were a mess without Bron..

The difference between 8th seed or Chip and second round exiters or lottery team is really big and unique. Either arguments have really good points.

Nobody is comparing those two teams, you are reading what you want to read. Like always.

Those hawks were beyond shitty, they gotten taken to 7 by Wade and the titos. Same thing with the Cavs, that was before the 60 wins aka the squad that got swept in the Finals.

As for your question, its only been one year. You are claiming that it still isn't working, yet you acknowledge the only reason they are not supposed to win this year is because of one of the core went down.

So Lebron still is hard to build around even though one of the stars that they built around him went down. But yeah keep moving those goal posts.

Blackace

The difference between 8th seed or Chip and second round exiters or lottery team is really big and unique. Either arguments have really good points.

the difference between a team that makes the playoffs and one that has no shot of making the playoffs is very telling..

The Magic could make the playoffs with D12... those Cavs teams had no chance to make the playoffs

But again they were made like that..

Nobody is comparing those two teams, you are reading what you want to read. Like always.

Those hawks were beyond shitty, they gotten taken to 7 by Wade and the titos. Same thing with the Cavs, that was before the 60 wins aka the squad that got swept in the Finals.

As for your question, its only been one year. You are claiming that it still isn't working, yet you acknowledge the only reason they are not supposed to win this year is because of one of the core went down.

So Lebron still is hard to build around even though one of the stars that they built around him went down. But yeah keep moving those goal posts.

Heat got pushed to 7 by shit 2012 celtics who go pushed to 7 by shit sixers.

2008 Celtics got pushed to 7 by shit teams 4 years ago too!

Yea, no one is comparing them, but you.

I said he was hard to build around and couldn't win last year and aren't favorites this series because of an injury. A team of Wade/Bron/Bosh should win with ease most nights. Bron is still hard to build around, that isn't contradicted by them getting their shit stuffed last year. They'll lose without 100% Bosh and could still lose with 100% Bosh, they were favorites last year and lost.

It's like talking to a child with a learning disability.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I think Kobe would have have carried that team to 50+ wins..

You don't get all-star bids for playing D sadly.. the Cavs were a great defensive team that only had Bron on O..

The thing is he was their anchor on D as well. (Even though his defensive intensity/versatility has increased by a ton since joining miami)

Mo Williams
Antwan Jamison
The corpse formerly known as Shaq
Zydrunas I've had 487 foot surgeries Illgauskus
Daniel Gibson
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Donyell Marshall
Sasha Pavlovic

All were poor defensively individually. Young Dan Green, anthony parker, and Varejao were solid to good but mostly other teams scraps at best.

Blackace

The thing is he was their anchor on D as well.

Mo Williams
Antwan Jamison
The corpse formerly known as Shaq
Zydrunas I've had 487 foot surgeries Illgauskus
Daniel Gibson
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Donyell Marshall
Sasha Pavlovic

All were poor defensively individually. Young Dan Green, anthony parker, and Varejao were solid to good but besides that mostly other teams scraps.

uh.. what?

To be fair the mod did use some inflammatory language.
To be fair, Vahagn is one of the most illogical posters ITT.

No offense to him. It is entertaining to watch him constantly defend Kobe.

I can't wait to see people bitch about the refs during this series. Should be glorious.

the difference between a team that makes the playoffs and one that has no shot of making the playoffs is very telling..

The Magic could make the playoffs with D12... those Cavs teams had no chance to make the playoffs

But again they were made like that..

Yea, hard to add a guy who can score on his own/dominate the ball when Bron controls the ball most of the time, evident by Wade being ignored at times. Like I said the front office and coaching staff deserve some blame for that team, But Bron is a unique talent to seems to be hard to build around.

Blackace

Yea, hard to add a guy who can score on his own/dominate the ball when Bron controls the ball most of the time, evident by Wade being ignored at times. Like I said the front office and coaching staff deserve some blame for that team, But Bron is a unique talent to seems to be hard to build around.

all they really needed was a pure shooter.. seems like a "Denis Scot" like player would have been easy to find..

Fox318

To be fair, Vahagn is one of the most illogical posters ITT.

No offense to him. It is entertaining to watch him constantly defend Kobe.

I can't wait to see people bitch about the refs during this series. Should be glorious.

3SJEh.jpg

You give this man the ball with the game on the line.

Clutch gene

Wow my work schedule has me flying out on what would be the day of game 7. Means I would be out of town, alone if there is a game 7. I am not crazy if I ask to get that date changed right, my boss if usually pretty cool about moving the schedule around ahead of time.

What the hell have I walked in to? Smh.

a giant clusterfuck that you for once was not a part of!

Wow my work schedule has me flying out on what would be the day of game 7. Means I would be out of town, alone if there is a game 7. I am not crazy if I ask to get that date changed right, my boss if usually pretty cool about moving the schedule around ahead of time.

If your boss is also a Heat fan they'll understand...

KingGondo

Banned
I'd wait until after game 3. You should have a pretty good idea of whether or not there'll be a game 7 after that.

Heat got pushed to 7 by shit 2012 celtics

2008 Celtics got pushed to 7 by shit teams 4 years ago too!

Yea, no one is comparing them, but you.

I said he was hard to build around and couldn't win last year and aren't favorites this series because of an injury. A team of Wade/Bron/Bosh should win with ease most nights. Bron is still hard to build around, that isn't contradicted by them getting their shit stuffed last year. They'll lose without 100% Bosh and could still lose with 100% Bosh, they were favorites last year and lost.

It's like talking to a child with a learning disability.

The point is that this Boston core plays up and down to there competition since they have been put together. They did it when they were winning chips and they did it this year. You got to be fucking blind to say that they didn't play well above there usual level this year.

And you continue to disregard Bosh going down when almost everybody else has acknowledged his impact.

And then:

A team of Wade/Bron/Bosh should win with ease most nights. Bron is still hard to build around

You don't see how this is a huge oxymoron? Like you say I have learning disabilities but you keep posting shit like this? Really?

Blackace

? He was on the team that the Spurs rolled over in 06-07 http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

Larry got some steals playing the passing lanes but he wasn't even as good on D as a slightly above average guy like Anthony Parker.

Larry Hughes is known for his one on one D (and poor shot selection).. he even made first team all D team the year before joining the Cavs.. not that the award means much.. but taking a NBA superstar's spot on the team is telling..

Sanjuro

The point is that this Boston core plays up and down to there competition since they have been put together. They did it when they were winning chips and they did it this year. You got to be fucking blind to say that they didn't play well above there usual level this year.

We did not win chips.

This Celtics team was incredibly awful when it came to the postseason. Still, was an incredible ride watching the Heat choke.

You don't see how this is a huge oxymoron? Like you say I have learning disabilities but you keep posting shit like this? Really?

They can beat the celts this year cause they suck, I don't think they beat OKC wwithout Bosh and could possibly lose with him.

They didn't beat The Mavs with all their guys healthy and each being great individual players. I think that shows how hard it is to build around him, if they were to lose again this year with a healthy Bosh that point would be backed up.

Losing with an unhealhty Bosh doesn't back up that point, but I don't think they should win without a healthy Bosh.

Blackace

Can't think of someone still playing? All that came to my mind was Ray Allen, but he's running out of gas.

Well at that time? Redd would have been a decent fit if his knees held up..

I think Jose Calderon was on the block then...any of the GSW wings would have been a nice fit too.. Morrow, Azubuike.. and so on..

I'm growing up dad!!!

I'm proud of you son

Now let's watch LeBron take home a ring!

They can beat the celts this year cause they suck, I don't think they beat OKC wwithout Bosh and could possibly lose with him.

They didn't beat The Mavs with all their guys healthy and each being great individual players. I think that shows how hard it is to build around him, if they were to lose again this year with a healthy Bosh that point would be backed up.

Losing with an unhealhty Bosh doesn't back up that point, but I don't think they should win without a healthy Bosh.

Ehhh not everyone was really healthy but nobody really is so health is a moot point. they lost mostly because lebron choked, it's pretty simple. if he doesn't fuck up their chances of winning were much higher

it's on him that they lost that series, not on the pieces they put around him. ironically when they have lost this year it's because nobody else stepped up

Top Bottom