• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
*DeAndre Jordan monster alley-oop dunk*

Clipper Announcer: And that's the type of play worth 3 to 4 points because it gets the defense intense

*Hayward promptly hits a shot*

This fucking announcer. Mike Smith is so bad at this. Go away.

Mike Smith is the biggest POS there is. He is so happy the Clippers are winning that he has bought into them being legit.

He's a worse cheerleader than Joel Meyers was (is such a thing even possible?) and is constantly slurping CP3 worst than Joel did Kobe.

Win or lose, at least Ralph Lawler is the same--like Stu.

lakers-age is extra salty today.

How come every time I lay down some real talk to Knicksage they treat me like I'm telling them there's no such thing as Santa.

Ownership gave a lot of money to players who didn't deserve that much money, ok honey? Therefore they're kinda stuck in regards to adding pieces. Don't cry dear, Shumps might be a real solid player one day and Novak is shooting well. Lin is a RFA, so there's that.

How come every time I lay down some real talk to Knicksage they treat me like I'm telling them there's no such thing as Santa.

Ownership gave a lot of money to players who didn't deserve that much money, ok honey? Therefore they're kinda stuck in regards to adding pieces. Don't cry dear, Shumps might be a real solid player one day and Novak is shooting well. Lin is a RFA, so there's that.

...sigh...

The pot calling the kettle black. Don't act like your franchise won't be in knee deep shit.

Puddles

Banned

Kobe Bryant.

30 million U.S. dollars.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Not sure about that.

He said he doesn't want to stick around and be a 19ppg player. IMO, he'll be lucky to hit 19ppg next season, and realistically will probably be around 15ppg on 41% shooting. If he's able to reconcile with Vanessa, he'll have all the money he'll ever need. Does he really want to tarnish his legacy with two scrub seasons?

Kobe would average 25 at 34% shooting before he would accept reality at 18ish ppg at a.decent percentage.

The pot calling the kettle black. Don't act like your franchise won't be knee deep in shit.

There's a huge difference between The Knicks and The Lakers. Lakers are already in the downward spiral and can't even rebuild until Kobe and Pau are gone, but the current middling mediocrity was a sacrifice that had to be made in order to win those last two chips. Also management and ownership don't suck donkey dick.

h3ro

Moris, give me a break.

What does this:

have to do with this salt filled gem that I quoted:

Knicks consider the second round of the playoffs to be ring worthy. He might win a mega ring (ECF) if he goes to The Knicks.

Our team is not good. Our team is poorly constructed. I'm not refuting that and nor will any other long time member of this board. That doesn't mean you can make some BS troll statement about what we consider 'ring worthy' then fall back on "knicksage doesn't like TEH FACTS" when that was never called into question in the first place.

You should be reveling in the fact that you guys are currently a better shitty team than the knicks. Save the 'real talk' for talking your own constituency when the Lakers are faced with the same very issues you're using to decry the knicks.

God I fucking hate TJ Simers. What a hit piece he put out tonight for the LAT. Only guy who can out-hack Platchke.

This after he tried to go at Brown in the press conference by shaming the New Orleans Hornets.

Grffin and millsap can't really guard each other.

And of course griffin takes a turn around fadeaway from 18 feet for no reason after scoring 3 times in a row in the paint. smh

You should be reveling in the fact that you guys are currently a better shitty team than the knicks.

We only give a shit if we are championship material. Any season that ends without a banner getting raised is a failure.

We don't have lowered expectations in LA.

Moris, give me a break.

What does this:

have to do with this salt filled gem that I quoted:

Our team is not good. Our team is poorly constructed. I'm not refuting that and nor will any other long time member of this board. That doesn't mean you can make some BS troll statement about what we consider 'ring worthy' then fall back on "knicksage doesn't like TEH FACTS" when that was never called into question in the first place.

You should be reveling in the fact that you guys are currently a better shitty team than the knicks.

It was a joke guy, based on how ecstatic Knicks-age was just to be in the playoffs last year. Go read last year's playoff thread, go ahead if you think you can stomach it.

Millsap and Jefferson playing together is cool except that means the defense is going to really suck, ffff. Hopefully Al gets traded in the offseason for some perimeter player who can score a bit and the Jazz manage to get Henson through the draft if we miss the playoffs...

h3ro

We only give a shit if we are championship material. Any season that ends without a banner getting raised is a failure.

We don't have lowered expectations in LA.

As a Yankee fan, I know exactly what you're talking about. The Knicks haven't afforded me the same luxury, so all you can do is continue to root for them and wait for them to turn it around.

Has favors regressed this year? Seems so unimpressive for the 4th pick in the draft.

Kanter improved a bunch since the season started, though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Has favors regressed this year? Seems so unimpressive for the 4th pick in the draft.

I think Favors has become more consistent. He never had much of a skill game to begin with, but he's done okay.

Kanter has improved a shit-ton though. I love eating crow.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He's an above average defender. But being a good defender every single game is what defines a great defender - he's still young. I'm not too worried about Favors...
I'll take whatever you're dishin' out, black stallion.

you gotta pay for dis, honey

Favors has been awesome for the last 25 games or so. His touch still sucks, but he's been playing pretty awesome defense and can just overpower a lot of guys to score. He really should be taking a lot more of Al and Millsap's minutes...

But yeah, not playing very well tonight, but he has been.

Jeffrey lookin to sell his team after a few years while Magic just helped buy the Dodgers and owns half of LA. Jeffrey just cant compete.

In case you missed it, I covered all the ways in which Magic destroyed Jefferson:

But TD wears Jeffrey's magical number.

Speaking of Jeffrey, Magic now owns a better team than Jazzy Jeff too.

Advantage: Magic

Still has all his money.

Won All Star MVP in his last game.

Beat Bird in the playoffs, in his prime.

Beat HIV in a blowout.

I could go on.

rage1973

I didn't think Kobe would match the terrible shooting in February at .402 but he managed to worsen it in March at .401 with that stinker today. I predict under .400 in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom