• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Stockton, Nash, CP3 and Deron are all "pure" PGs.

All have won precisely fuck all in this league.

That label means zip.
What about Magic? Isiah? Great PGs win too. If anything, its a league dominated by bigs though.

I mean shit... I can go on down this road -OR- I can just sit back and say that are they any less of a player because they don't have rings like Horry?

All those guys won games. Won big games. But lets not pretend that the NBA is a shining example of parity among sports leagues.

jordan-jersey-miami-751361.jpg

ib1SZsv0TotU4O.gif

That was pretty good.

Wow, that guy just tore Westbrook up.... I must say though, I agree with everything he said, Westbrook just doesn't seem to have what it takes to play PG and I can see the Thunder going into the same situation as they did last year with Westbrook in the Memphis/Mavs series.

I don't want to watch the vid. Is it as awkward as I fear?

Dude, you've got to watch it; it'll make you cringe.

THRILLH0

Banned
What about Magic? Isiah? Great PGs win too. If anything, its a league dominated by bigs though.

I mean shit... I can go on down this road -OR- I can just sit back and say that are they any less of a player because they don't have rings like Horry?

All those guys won games. Won big games. But lets not pretend that the NBA is a shining example of parity among sports leagues.

Of course you can win with a "pure" PG. What I'm saying is that if 4 of the finest exponents of PG play can't win shit in a combined 50 seasons then it makes no sense to use that designation as any kind of a knock on a player which is what a lot of people are doing.

Rose and Deron play the same position on the floor and you either think one is better or the other is. Who best fills the position brief established 50 years ago is irrelevant.

Puddles

Banned
Still can't believe the Heat retired Jordan's jersey.

Riley must have been drunk when he came up with that idea. Thing is, you usually realize an idea is terrible and will be a complete embarrassment if you go through with it once you're sober. I guess Riley never got sober.

methodman

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIsgXGlnpzQ

here's the video in HD.

Lacob is an idiot though, he says so much dumb ass stuff that our fan base has had enough. It's not about Monta, it's about him promising playoffs for the past two years, it's about being one of the worst franchises in the fucking nba for 30+ years. it has to be impossible to miss the playoffs as many times as we have in a league where half the teams make it.

Branduil

Deron has won more playoff games than Rose, in a better conference, with a worse team.

here's the video in HD.

Lacob is an idiot though, he says so much dumb ass stuff that our fan base has had enough. It's not about Monta, it's about him promising playoffs for the past two years, it's about being one of the worst franchises in the fucking nba for 30+ years. it has to be impossible to miss the playoffs as many times as we have in a league where half the teams make it.

But tonight was supposed to be about Mullin and those idiots made it about Lacob.

Still can't believe the Heat retired Jordan's jersey.

Riley must have been drunk when he came up with that idea. Thing is, you usually realize an idea is terrible and will be a complete embarrassment if you go through with it once you're sober. I guess Riley never got sober.
Shit, I thought you guys were just joking about that. What a joke.

SHOW A LITTLE BIT OF CLASS

Boozer and Dwight are genuinely good friends, so I doubt he would say anything fucked up.

BTW, Asik should be ashamed of himself. More flopping is not what this league needs.

I'm going to give Asik the benefit of the doubt here(not being totally serious but yeah...) and say that he is just making it even with the refs as I read that former refs that watch all the games say Asik gets screwed with foul calls more than a lot of players.

Some guesses about refs not respecting foreign players' defense as they don't always play it, etc...

This topic arose after Rose complained about calls.

I say it's all wrong.

BOOZER gets screwed the most.

methodman

Banned
But tonight was supposed to be about Mullin and those idiots made it about Lacob.

The Warriors should have seen this coming. You never have an idiot on the harmonica after Rick James tears the stage off. We had plenty of real talent out there to give the final speech if they really wanted someone to do so, Nellie, Al Attles, but Lacob? Fuck that guy.

thekad

Banned
Why wouldn't they? luxury tax and sign + trades still possible next season.

Then 7.5 million to Ron. Then 4 million to Blake. Ramon has a player option he'll probably exercise leaving the Lakers without a starting SF, a starting PG, and no bench. With a 75 million dollar payroll.

Then 7.5 million to Ron. Then 4 million to Blake. Ramon has a player option leaving the Lakers without a starting SF, a starting PG, and no bench. With a 75 million dollar payroll.

They can amnesty Ron. Ramon has already indicated to the LAT he's staying, plus Lakers own his birds rights.

Why should the Lakers care? They make like $50 million profit every year. The new luxury tax payments don't hit next season.

And with the TPE, they can do a sign + trade. The only season of concern is 2013-14.

If they're willing to eat some lower profits in year 3 because of the LT, then Kobe's salary is forced down a lot, they're fine.

edit: The only players they're really in jeopardy of losing is Barnes and Hill. Lakers will keep Ramon.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Then 7.5 million to Ron. Then 4 million to Blake. Ramon has a player option he'll probably exercise leaving the Lakers without a starting SF, a starting PG, and no bench. With a 75 million dollar payroll.

Ron can be amnestied. And im not sure Pau lasts.

Mitch has a plan. And its not like Donnie's.

Ron has to be amnestied. Hopefully they can somehow talk Barnes into coming back on the cheap again otherwise Ebanks gets thrown to the wolves. They are going to have to make concessions, but ultimately they will go as far as the core will take them. That was going to be the case new CBA or old CBA.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ron should decline his player option and come back for the minimum.

He's crazy enough to do something like that.

Ron has to be amnestied. Hopefully they can somehow talk Barnes into coming back on the cheap again otherwise Ebanks gets thrown to the wolves. They are going to have to make concessions, but ultimately they will go as far as the core will take them. That was going to be the case new CBA or old CBA.

If Lakers amnesty Ron, they'll have a $75 mil payroll with Ramon + big 3 + Blake/Mcbobs/Glock/Morris and will probably keep Ebanks for like $1 mil. And have the ability to sign an $8.9 million player via the TPE.

The rest will be filled by vet min like now. If they keep barnes for cheap, they can have an $85 million roster next season, which is what they had this season, but a much improved team.

Year 3 will suck with the double penalties, but it can be fixed by year 4 with lower contracts for the big 3.

Or pau will be traded.

edit: The heat are far more screwed outside their big 3 + chalmers than Lakers in terms of adding players this offseason. Same with Knicks.

Sumidor

here's the video in HD.

Haha amazing.

thekad

Banned
Each of the Heat's Big 3 is making less than their counterpart on the Lakers and are of course better. Then they have seven other serviceable players locked up on the cheap. The Lakers are in much worse shape.

They can amnesty Ron. Ramon has already indicated to the LAT he's staying, plus Lakers own his birds rights.

Why should the Lakers care? They make like $50 million profit every year. The new luxury tax payments don't hit next season.

And with the TPE, they can do a sign + trade. The only season of concern is 2013-14.

If they're willing to eat some lower profits in year 3 because of the LT, then Kobe's salary is forced down a lot, they're fine.

edit: The only players they're really in jeopardy of losing is Barnes and Hill. Lakers will keep Ramon.

If someone offers Sessions the full MLE, do the Lakers match that? With Ron amnestied that still leaves them with ~75 million committed to 5 players without a starting SF and no bench. Then you expect them to add another bad contract with the TPE (because that's what you get with them).

I agree with Scooter. Pau will be traded in the offseason.

If someone offers Sessions the full MLE, do the Lakers match that? With Ron amnestied that still leaves them with ~75 million committed to 5 players without a starting SF and no bench. Then you expect them to add another bad contract with the TPE (because that's what you get with them).

I agree with Scooter. Pau will be traded in the offseason.

Sessions won't opt out, IMO (that's kind of what he's been saying. he only wanted to opt out in Cleveland to get playing time).

But if he did opt out and got 3 years at $15 million, yes the Lakers match. It's not even an extra million...

They can easily field an $85 million team next season by amnestying Ron.

Each of the Heat's Big 3 is making less than their counterpart on the Lakers and are of course better. Then they have seven other serviceable players locked up on the cheap. The Lakers are in much worse shape.

But the Lakers big 3 contracts end sooner. And they have that TPE to sign 2 players worth $9 mil or 1. Miami is stuck with $3 million forever.

Miami has $80 mil guaranteed through 2015. Lakers have $0 that season

thekad

Banned
Sessions won't opt out, IMO (that's kind of what he's been saying. he only wanted to opt out in Cleveland to get playing time).

But if he did opt out and got 3 years at $15 million, yes the Lakers match. It's not even an extra million...

They can easily field an $85 million team next season by amnestying Ron.

Field an $85 million team that can't win? Good luck with that.

But the Lakers big 3 contracts end sooner. And they have that TPE to sign 2 players worth $9 mil or 1. Miami is stuck with $3 million forever.

Miami is happy their big 3 contracts are locked up for longer. They all took paycuts. And Miami doesn't need to add pieces to be a contender. The Heat will still be contenders in 2015.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm going to give Asik the benefit of the doubt here(not being totally serious but yeah...) and say that he is just making it even with the refs as I read that former refs that watch all the games say Asik gets screwed with foul calls more than a lot of players.

Some guesses about refs not respecting foreign players' defense as they don't always play it, etc...

This topic arose after Rose complained about calls.

I say it's all wrong.

BOOZER gets screwed the most.
Yeah, refs hate Boozer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom