• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Dallas and Mark Cuban credit. They went from missing out on Deron to picking up great pieces for bargain prices. Donny and Cuban also said they're looking to absorb contracts too. Kaman/Collison + potentially Brand and Scola are major pieces. They're going to be a deep team that is still going to be able to make a run in next year's free agency class.

they pretty much can't get both brand and scola. it's either or. If they lose 1, they will go for the other.

Only $5 mil in cap space with min bid at like $2 mil for each. Someone else will bid $3 mil.

they pretty much can't get both brand and scola. it's either or. If they lose 1, they will go for the other.

Only $5 mil in cap space with min bid at like $2 mil for each. Someone else will bid $3 mil.

It really doesn't matter. They can still amnesty Haywood too. Collison is a huge upgrade from Kidd and they were extremely intelligent by not resigning Kidd and Terry.

yes. But it's the clippers.

I'm not sure much can deter a man from another year of max money guaranteed. Clippers or not.

I'm still waitong for Sterling to do his thing, but it seem like the organization has turned a corner. Step one in keeping Paul was to sign Blake, which they've done.

It really doesn't matter. They can still amnesty Haywood too. Collison is a huge upgrade from Kidd and they were extremely intelligent by not resigning Kidd and Terry.

That includes the haywood amnesty already. They have $5 mil after it. Dirk, marion, Roddy, Collison, Jones, etc puts them there.

Collison isn't very good, but I'm biased against him. Dallas built a team that might make the playoffs but won't do shit. Looking like Houston of the last couple years.

I'm not sure much can deter a man from another year of max money guaranteed. Clippers or not.

I'm still waitong for Sterling to do his thing, but it seem like the organization has turned a corner. Step one in keeping Paul was to sign Blake, which they've done.

CP3 may bolt even with max offer. It's the clippers.

What if griffin is badly hurt and they lose most of the season? What if Dwight really convinces him to play. Lebron and Bosh took less money, Cp3 can too.

That includes the haywood amnesty already. They have $5 mil after it. Dirk, marion, Roddy, Collison, Jones, etc puts them there.

Collison isn't very good, but I'm biased against him. Dallas built a team that might make the playoffs but won't do shit. Looking like Houston of the last couple years.

They're not even done building their team yet. Apparently they're targeting Iguodala. They have some trade exceptions that they can use.

thekad

Banned
Doesn't make sense for Morey to think that money will keep Dwight in Houston, but money won't be a factor in CP3's decision.

Harden's a better bet.

This is all irrelevant though since Dwight would rather play in Russia than Houston.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bye Scola :(

This has to mean we are close to getting Howard.

Orlando West here we gooooooo! *vomits*

Gabyskra

Banned
You go off on me b/c we disagree on a basketball trade. Nationalists/small minded etc. All based on an avatar on a videogame forum. You avatar is Travis Bickle. Have you actually seen Taxi Driver?

Edited that which you quote. It's another story entirely, details not interesting.

They're not even done building their team yet. Apparently they're targeting Iguodala. They have some trade exceptions that they can use.

Look, I'm commenting on the team as of right now. it can always change.

My point was as far as I understand, they can get Brand or Scola, but not both. Unless one clears waivers completely, which I doubt.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Why are summer league games allowed to go into OT? This Magic game is already in its 2nd OT and its 2 too many.

we had 4 OT thriller a few years ago and with the announcers gave no fucks because Nike Talk was trying to take over the air waves

orlando summer league sold out :mad:

Doesn't make sense for Morey to think that money will keep Dwight in Houston, but money won't be a factor in CP3's decision.

Harden's a better bet.

This is all irrelevant though since Dwight would rather play in Russia than Houston.

There's a chance that Dwight's back is OK, and Morey convinces him that he won't do a S&T so Dwight will lose money going to Atlanta and Dallas and CP3 gets fed up with the Clippers and Hakeem says he won't help or hang out with Dwight anymore if Dwight leaves Houston and that that will affect Dwight and that they'll end up with Dwight and CP3 and maybe another good player. It's like a 5% chance, but at least they'll fail completely otherwise and be in the lead for the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes if Dwight just goes to Atlanta next year.

thekad

Banned
Bye Scola :(

This has to mean we are close to getting Howard.

Orlando West here we gooooooo! *vomits*

Nope, Morey just took a gamble:

@WojYahooNBA

There's no Howard-to-Houston deal imminent with amnesty of Scola, but Rockets goal is unmistakable: They'll stop at nothing to get him.

Someone stop this man.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wtf @ just dumping Scola as a gamble....

fucking hell.

Stop at nothing lol god damn wtf Honestly never seen the Rockets this pathetic before.

CP3 may bolt even with max offer. It's the clippers.

What if griffin is badly hurt and they lose most of the season? What if Dwight really convinces him to play. Lebron and Bosh took less money, Cp3 can too.

Not sure about Houstons income tax situation, but it's not toally genuine to imply they took less than market value. Money they're bringing home isn't any different.

Bowser

If Dwight goes to Houston, he's just going to push for a sign-and-trade in the offseason to a team he wants to play for.

No such thing:

Under the new CBA, new contracts with the player's current team can be five years long with 7.5 percent raises, while contracts with a new team can only be four years long with 4.5 percent raises. Another major change is that sign-and-trade deals are limited to the same maximums as deals with a new team (four years, 4.5 percent raises).

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/john_schuhmann/03/07/cba-trade-deadline/index.html

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Numbers circulating in Kris Humphries' bidding war: Word is Nets offering three-year deal worth $24 mil; Bobcats offering three years, $22M

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Houston's top priority is to land Dwight Howard. However, acquiring Andrew Bynum in three-team deal with Orlando and L.A. is a back-up plan.

so Houston will get either Dwight or Bynum. Lakers either Dwight or Bynum. Orlando will get salary relief and picks/rookies.

Bowser

ESPNSteinLine
Numbers circulating in Kris Humphries' bidding war: Word is Nets offering three-year deal worth $24 mil; Bobcats offering three years, $22M

Ugh. Don't come here Hump! Why would you want to come to Charlotte for less money when you can start in Brooklyn?!

edit: although ~$7m/year isn't that bad. I just wish it was a 2-year deal, or a team option/partial guarantee on the 3rd year

squicken

If he wants to leave HOU (assuming they actually pull it off), then he leaves a lot of salary on the table. If he walks, then HOU will have just delayed tanking by one year.

HOU fans, we are stuck at the little kids table. This is Morey taking his shot. It should be exciting. If it was easy and risk free to change tables then everyone would do it.

thekad

Banned
628x471.jpg

Hey Rob, I just amnestied Luis Scola. What else do you want me to do?

hennigan-o.gif

Matrix

If he wants to leave HOU (assuming they actually pull it off), then he leaves a lot of salary on the table. If he walks, then HOU will have just delayed tanking by one year.

HOU fans, we are stuck at the little kids table. This is Morey taking his shot. It should be exciting. If it was easy and risk free to change tables then everyone would do it.

I just hate the idea of all of it being a shot for a guy who has already made it be known he doesn't want to be on the team.

Plus as much as I can't stand Howard, I don't want this all being done for back up plan Bydumb. He's not worth all this crazy shit.

Pimpwerx

Ugh. Don't come here Hump! Why would you want to come to Charlotte for less money when you can start in Brooklyn?!

edit: although ~$7m/year isn't that bad. I just wish it was a 2-year deal, or a team option/partial guarantee on the 3rd year

Why don't people like Hump? He's a good double-double guy, and $7M is a good price in this market. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also Houston fans whining about the losses of Lowry, Scola, Budinger, whoever are pretty much admitting that Morey did a good job finding talent. He's the one finding those guys. Evidently he doesn't think as much about them as the fans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom