• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Durante

Neat.

Might & Magic X isn't the most beautiful game in the world, but some variety in the thread is nice.

might-and-magic-x-legcnsmb.jpg

Shawsie64

Banned
Awesome! Was hoping for some Insurgency shots after playing it last night. It looks really nice IMO. No shit arse filters ruining everything, gun models are crisp and hi res. Plays great too! Sound design in it is amazing. I never played the mod back in the day so cant compared it to that but having a great time, even though i'm shit at it.

The Dark Souls shots on this page are terrific!

Hopefully mine will get better. I've a decent handle on the camera now. A shot like this is easy:

12112465686_a41547333a_o.jpg

I did a reshoot of an older shot for the higher resolution and it was much easier this time around. The old free camera was such a paaaaaaaaaain.

9286555525_ae0925b991_o.jpg

On top of camera coordinates, I now have horizontal and vertical rotation during timestop now in dark souls. Via arrow keys. Lulz. Better than nothing I guess :)

ReeceIsAlive

Neo Member
On top of camera coordinates, I now have horizontal and vertical rotation during timestop now in dark souls. Via arrow keys. Lulz. Better than nothing I guess :)

Just wondering, does the fps have to be uncapped in order for pause to work? If thats the case then I'm fucked.

Just wondering, does the fps have to be uncapped in order for pause to work? If thats the case then I'm fucked.

So says Mr Durante.

Also, the DSFix pause doesn't work for me.
Have you unlocked the framerate? It only works in conjunction with that option.

It's really not fun to use at all but if you want action shots that are a little different than always having your character in the center, it's necessary.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
12026640263_52d7b8b8d2_o.png

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2875/12026353515_4ab3de842e_o.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Beautiful stuff.

[quote="neoenigma, post: 98015288"]You use both disable scripts? Or just 1?

I don't know why but my own script works 100% of the time. But it doesn't have the joystick movement because I've never been too good at coding those.

Quick test with a simple coordinate hack (had to start a new game for offline):

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7397/12080188116_8f0736751e_o.jpg

6000x3375 -> 3840x2160 screenshot (with SweetFX border for aspect ratio) -> 2560x1080 resized

I wish SweetFx could capture screenshots from the internal resolution. Or that I could capture 5120x2160 screenshots. For some reason the game refuses to launch in a window large than 3840x2160.

You should be able to run it in windowed mode, and then set the resolution manually in the games config file. At that point, you can set your desktop resolution to 5120x2160, set the games window size to 5120x2160, then run borderless windowed mode.

Code:
C:\Users\*Your Username*\AppData\Local\NBGI\DarkSouls\DarkSouls.ini

Code:
[DisplaySetting]
WindowMode = 0
[DisplaySettingWindow]
Left = 0
Top = 0
Width = 1280
Height = 720

It looks pretty fantastic sometimes but is such a paaaain to shoot.

http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1856139/[IMG]

Shit guys. I forgot to enable CA in SweetFx. Next time.[/QUOTE]

I'm always so amazed by the Asylum Demon's texture work. It's so detailed and looks super fly.

[quote="scitek, post: 98209439"][IMG]http://abload.de/img/rb4e08-1159kr5i.jpg

rb4e08-116h4r14.jpg

What's with the blur?

What settings do you have going in Dolphin?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
12115676646_f029cb5e38_o.jpg

12115315063_ef544aae6e_o.jpg

@Scitek By the way, I found that disabling External frame buffer seems to get rid of the blur I mentioned on your previous shots.

Care to share? Pretty please.

I was also trying to get the normal freecam to work during timestop too. The one that lets you fly around only moving forward. The way it works now is it detects if you're player is "moving" which is impossible during timestop. So I just based it off a keypress. Had it working ok but at some point I passed out at my computer :)

I'll hopefully finish it tonight after work.

ReeceIsAlive

Neo Member
I was also trying to get the normal freecam to work during timestop too. The one that lets you fly around only moving forward. The way it works now is it detects if you're player is "moving" which is impossible during timestop. So I just based it off a keypress. Had it working ok but at some point I passed out at my computer :)

I'll hopefully finish it tonight after work.

ohhhh yesss

You should be able to run it in windowed mode, and then set the resolution manually in the games config file. At that point, you can set your desktop resolution to 5120x2160, set the games window size to 5120x2160, then run borderless windowed mode.

What about portraits? What would happen if I forced 3300x4400 in DSFix and output to 2400x3200. Set 2400x3200 as the res in Dark Souls. Set 2400x3200 as desktop resolution. I suspect the game would still launch in a 16:9 window but would be stretched? Could I force borderless fullscreen and have everything be hunky dory?

How are you guys pausing Dark Souls and getting free camera?

I seriously can't find info on pause anywhere, I can get free camera with a Cheat Engine, but the pause? No idea absolutely.

I would like to contribute here if I knew that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
What about portraits? What would happen if I forced 3300x4400 in DSFix and output to 2400x3200. Set 2400x3200 as the res in Dark Souls. Set 2400x3200 as desktop resolution. I suspect the game would still launch in a 16:9 window but would be stretched? Could I force borderless fullscreen and have everything be hunky dory?

It will be stretched.

I mentioned it recently to someone in the DSfix thread but there is a solution for getting non-stretched portrait screenshot resolutions.

You can use something like Widescreen Fixer or Flawless Widescreen.

They're intended to be used for multimonitor support, but they basically allow you to render at any resolution you want. Using that in conjunction with DSfix, you can get actual, correctly rendered portrait resolutions (or basically any resolution you want, including 21:9)

Here are some examples I took a while back just showing that it does in fact work.

Rendered at 1920x3200.

I can't even go outside 16:9 resolutions without crashing. Goes windowed mode? ctd, try unlocking framerate? ctd. :[

Disable Windows DEP should fix the framerate unlock issue.

Enter this in command prompt with admin privledges

Code:
bcdedit /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Then restart your PC.

How are you guys pausing Dark Souls and getting free camera?

I seriously can't find info on pause anywhere, I can get free camera with a Cheat Engine, but the pause? No idea absolutely.

I would like to contribute here if I knew that.

It's a DSFix feature. Enter the keyconfig file and theres an option for it.

I mentioned it recently to someone in the DSfix thread but there is a solution for getting non-stretched portrait screenshot resolutions.

You can use something like Widescreen Fixer or Flawless Widescreen.

My game crashes if I run Widescreen fixer and launch Dark Souls. So I guess I'm SOL.

Right now you can have one or the other. Freecam and no pause. Or pause and no freecam.

I'm trying to fix that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My game crashes if I run Widescreen fixer and launch Dark Souls. So I guess I'm SOL.

Right now you can have one or the other. Freecam and no pause. Or pause and no freecam.

I'm trying to fix that.

It looks like the Widescreen fix is currently only working with the launch version of the game.

If you've got a non-steam copy lying around, you could always try that.

I emailed the guy who runs Widescreen Fixer about it to see if he might look into fixing it.

Top Bottom