• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

soontroll

Banned
11742823304_cc08611559_o.jpg

11743172696_9a148e4057_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2809/11742854796_3a18bee2a5_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2891/11742491104_e2ee22769f_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Absolutely love your shots, but I can't help but notice the banding in a lot of them. I had the same issue yesterday. What method of resizing are you using?

DrTeflon

Sorry, World of Tanks apparently only supports FXAA =(. Also I can't downsample stuff. Captured using PlayClaw, let me know if it looks bad.

worldoftanks_2014-01-kizit.png

worldoftanks_2014-01-y1xrz.png

BONKERS

With these sorts of screenshots, there's going to be aliasing regardless of your resolution, due to the resolution of the Textures themselves.

Also the lighting model. The specular component is the core issue. (Also along with the resolution of say the specular/normal map)

Sorry, World of Tanks apparently only supports FXAA =(. Also I can't downsample stuff. Captured using PlayClaw, let me know if it looks bad.

worldoftanks_2014-01-kizit.png

worldoftanks_2014-01-y1xrz.png
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=490867&page=269
People have been trying to figure out solutions for WoT for a while now. Not much help, one person will have one issue. Another won't have it. But a separate issue.

AA with this game is an unfortunate situation along with another small number of games where good AA just isn't possible yet.

|||||||||||||||||||||

Also guys, You can get Photoshop CS2 for free basically
http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-get-photoshop-for-free/

Just use that, downsample using Bicubic. And all is well with the world. Bicubic is the closet you will get to what kind of IQ you actually get when downsampling in real time. As least it seems so to my eyes.

This DLC starts pretty strong with the scenery. Still has that overwhelming red though.

11743874993_7af3c436fe_o.jpg

11737491104_325c200a4f_o.jpg

I think tonight I'll try to get Warframe to work again... but I'm not very hopeful.

I'll not argue with more Warframe.

The problem I have with it is that if I set the resolution to 3840x2160, it works fine. But If I choose a resolution higher than that, the game is just a black screen. Even if I run it in windowed mode and use SRWE to change the resolution. That's unfortunate. I was hoping to try it with 5120x2880 =(

UnrealEck

I started playing this game a few days ago and upon noticing I could make a wee dog as a character, I had to make Doge.

if8qPZ9bs3y6p.png

Spazznid

The problem I have with it is that if I set the resolution to 3840x2160, it works fine. But If I choose a resolution higher than that, the game is just a black screen. Even if I run it in windowed mode and use SRWE to change the resolution. That's unfortunate. I was hoping to try it with 5120x2880 =(

Try disabling settings and running with dx11 disabled?

Thanks. I didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm running out of shots. Things are starting to look too similar to me but I guess that's the disadvantage of procedural generation. I might put SE aside for a bit and come back later.

There is like limitless terrain in that thing. I've seen a ton of environments you've not visited yet. I don't really know the complexities on how you get around in that... engine... but I do know there's a lot more you could probably explore.

The reason I've never looked into that is because the vastness of it just seems so intimidating O_O

Try disabling settings and running with dx11 disabled?

I'll give that a shot.

Pjsprojects

Wanted to down sample this oldie but it's maxed at 1080 with 16xAA lol.

Loved fly the Anansi in multiplayer mode,nobody stood a chance all those years ago...

ibMDcaJTEddqf.png

inXSkn9NsCinS.png

Sure has aged!

legacyzero

Banned
Why can't I get my Space Engine to do that??

Wanted to down sample this oldie but it's maxed at 1080 with 16xAA lol.

Loved fly the Anansi in multiplayer mode,nobody stood a chance all those years ago...

ibMDcaJTEddqf.png

inXSkn9NsCinS.png

Sure has aged!
Quake Wars?

I never gave that game a fair chance..

Firstly, my planets that I find never look like that. Always flat and no features..

I'm probably doing it wrong.

Start by turning the LOD to 2. From there you have to wait a minute or two* for it to generate the surface. Really depends on the speed of your PC.

*Times may vary
greatly

such a missed opportunity, this game. Don't really think the open world added anything to it. Feels like a worse version of Phoenix Wright :p
lanoire_2014_01_03_21_25_28_929_by_dio141-d70tl6u.png

mirrorsedge_2014_01_04_15_38_32_586_by_dio141-d70tl57.png

Pjsprojects

Dementiom 2 HD (remake of a DS game) 2560x1440 down sampled to 1080.

ib1qsPJOul6JhD.png

iyMnV8vDddnak.png

Don't think this is going to be worth any further shots but we will see.

11760117074_b3155eb248_o.jpg

11760122324_562deca0b6_o.jpg

I just noticed this rule. Hah.

Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.

Were there some bad anamorphic screens posted that prompted that or something?

I thought had sorted things out with this game, but it turns out the only car I can really start a race with in DX9 is the RUF. wtf. I was able to load the ol' Merc as well, so I'm thinking that it is some issue with the higher poly models, which most of the rest of the cars are. I don't think the shots are particularly nice, but the IQ is quite purty :p

pcars_2014_01_04_02_44_54_422_by_roderickartist-d70u9cy.png

pcars_2014_01_03_03_55_39_547_by_roderickartist-d70ua7i.png

Top Bottom