• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I see you now, motherfucker

3ayqU5.png

HxIHib.png

Arttemis

I love the torch lighting in this game, so much better than in Bloodborne:

Totally have to disagree here. The lighting is the cause for the gigantic backlash from downgrade-gate. The larger scale allows for some fantastic vistas in DS2, but they're all covered in a, albeit nice looking, DOF blur. Upon closer inspection of environments, everything looks like simplistically repeated textures on simplistic geometry.

Bloodborne has such a higher level of detail on everything, and it applies ten fold to character models and animations. Yeesh, DS2 characters look awful and move goofy.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
^ You aren't refuting what I said, in that the torch lighting is better. Dynamic shadows and the contrast is much nicer. I'm not talking about geometry or textures, only lighting.

Torches make almost everything look better.

fB7ZbH.png

But, they still can't make Shaded Woods look good xD Oh well, I tried... best I could do!

c1IbyH.png

Caayn

Here are two stars that are less than 35 light seconds apart from each other. That's freakishly close to each other. For reference Mercury, the closest planet to our sun, sits at a distance of 193 light seconds from the sun.

edcaayn3lsafh.png

edcaayn5siyrs.png

^ You aren't refuting what I said, in that the torch lighting is better. Dynamic shadows and the contrast is much nicer. I'm not talking about geometry or textures, only lighting.

Torches make almost everything look better.

fB7ZbH.png

But, they still can't make Shaded Woods look good xD Oh well, I tried... best I could do!

c1IbyH.png

No. Sorry. Especially since the game is so dark in place, the torchlight is pretty jaw dropping at those times.

since this is a screenshot thread, here is some screenshots showing that point

Standard lit.
bloodborne_2015101416zakxc.png

Tochlight
bloodborne_20151014163wjj7.png

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah that's not bad, I posted such shots earlier in the thread, but where are the shadows? In DS2 your character's shadow moves around depending on the angle of the torchlight, it's very nice looking especially in motion.

iaB9Ea.png

pXmIar.png

Shin-Ra

I only played 90 minutes or so and already took over 100 caps, but sorted out 59 good ones. I won't post them all. ;)

22153858586_e5d16d755c_o.png

I don't know what's creepier, his smile or the way he hangs his picture frames.

21558968313_8ef6504955_o.png

Such a cutie.

Top Bottom