• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 is Absolutely Stacked

Every year stacked until the delays come in.

But generally speaking, yes year 2 of these consoles should absolutely obliterate year one in terms of quality. No more ports/remakes or last gen versions. It's why I find it absurd everyone keeps saying WiiU has the best exclusives. it should, it's in year 2. Doesn't make up for the fact 80% of the third parties aren't there, but whatevs. Pros/cons. each console should hit their stride in 2015.

These are all likely candidates for GOTY, 13 candidates. Thats nuts.

The Witcher 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Batman Arkham Knight
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Persona 5
No Mans Sky
Rime
Hotline Miami 2
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Zelda U
Xenoblade X
I agree with this list..except QB, looked really generic from what I've seen. And the premise doesn't really sound interesting. Also, NMS is 50/50 for me. Could be really boring after a week.

Some Nobody

Every year stacked until the delays come in.

But generally speaking, yes year 2 of these consoles should absolutely obliterate year one in terms of quality. No more ports/remakes or last gen versions. It's why I find it absurd everyone keeps saying WiiU has the best exclusives. it should, it's in year 2. Doesn't make up for the fact 80% of the third parties aren't there, but whatevs. Pros/cons. each console should hit their stride in 2015.

lol, well yeah, but again...these are the games that were delayed from 2014. It's a huge list to be certain, but a large number of them should've been out already. That's why I'm slightly concerned, because I think we're already aware of pretty much every major title that will hit in 2015.

Jachaos

Multiplats

The Witcher 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Evolve (Maybe)
Star Wars Battlefront (Maybe)
Batman Arkham Knight (Maybe)
Dying Light (Maybe)
Next AssCreed (Maybe)

PS4

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Tearaway Unfolded
Hotline Miami 2
No Man's Sky
Grim Fandango Remaster
Rime
The Tomorrow Children
The Witness (Maybe)
Ratchet and Clank Redux (Maybe)
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (Maybe)
Tropico 5 (Maybe)
Ys (Maybe)
The Order 1886 (Maybe)

XB1 (If I get one next year, or I might wait for later when Crackdown and GoW hit)

Halo 5
Forza 6
Quantum Break (Maybe)
Inside (Maybe)

WiiU

Zelda U
Xenoblade X
Splatoon
Mario Party 10
Star Fox
Miyamoto's "Project" games

Everyone of those is almost assuredly a buy except the Maybe (waiting to see more of those). How will I survive. If I had to choose only three though, those would be Zelda U, Persona 5, Splatoon.

Also, is Wild maybe a 2015 title?

Kyoufu

February alone is going to be a wallet destroyer, especially if you import games which is great if you look back to February-July 2014 when the console drought was painful.

Sadly there will undoubtedly be delays in 2015 so purchase lists will never go as planned, but that one month alone will keep me very busy for quite some time.

mountainduwe

Neo Member
Multiplats

Metal Gear Solid 5
Evolve
Star Wars Battlefront
Mortal Kombat X
Batman Arkham Knight
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Dying Light
Resident Evil REmake HD
Dead Island 2
Next CoD

PS4

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
The Order 1886
No Man's Sky

XB1

Quantum Break
Halo 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider

--

Ehh, not as bad as I initially thought...

Top Bottom