• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival Lineup Announced w/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
8Eitqow.png

2015 Lineup announced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fYzSN1SYiM

(With music by Soul Rebels)

Highlights:

Elton John
The Who
Jimmy Buffett
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga
No Doubt
Keith Urban
Pitbull
John Legend
Ed Sheeran
T.I.
Chicago
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Hozier
Widespread Panic
Jerry Lee Lewis
Ryan Adams
Steve Winwood
Wilco
The Meters
Jimmy Cliff
Buddy Guy
Allen Toussaint
The O’Jays
Irma Thomas
Tedeschi Trucks Band
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Dr. John
the Radiators
Anthony Hamilton
Kacey Musgraves
Robert Cray
Shovels & Rope
Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk
Third World
Aaron Neville
Delbert McClinton
Angelique Kidjo
Taj Mahal
Estelle
Maze featuring Frankie Beverly
Tab Benoit
Cassandra Wilson
Big Freedia

Others:

Shirley Caesar, Charles Lloyd, Juvenile & Mannie Fresh Together, Marcia Ball, Kermit Ruffins & the BBQ Swingers, The Blind Boys of Alabama, , Jimmie Vaughan, Gurrumul, Paloma Faith, Galactic with guest Macy Gray, Rebirth Brass Band, Anders Osborne, The Word, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, John P. Kee & New Life, Christian McBride Big Band with Dianne Reeves and Jeffrey Osborne, Irvin Mayfield & the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra, Pastor Marvin Sapp, The Terence Blanchard E-Collective, Sturgill Simpson, BWB featuring Rick Braun, Kirk Whalum & Norman Brown, Vintage Trouble, Shooter Jennings, Cécile McLorin Salvant, Béla Fleck and Abigail Washburn, Davell Crawford presents “To Fats with Love”, Lágbájá of Nigeria, Big Chief Bo Dollis & the Wild Magnolias, Buckwheat Zydeco, Lil’ Ed & The Blues Imperials, Big Sam’s Funky Nation, Jon Cleary, Luke James, Donald Harrison, Glen David Andrews, La Santa Cecilia, Walter “Wolfman” Washington, Monty Alexander: Harlem-Kingston Express, Ellis Marsalis, Cowboy Mouth, Kenny Garrett, Vieux Farka Toure, Royal Teeth, Ms. Ruby Wilson’s Tribute to Bessie Smith, Ironing Board Sam, Amanda Shires, Pine Leaf Boys, Rockin’ Dopsie, Jr. & the Zydeco Twisters, Snarky Puppy, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, The Revivalists, Carolyn Wonderland, Creole String Beans, New Orleans Suspects, Eagle & Hawk, Nicholas Payton, Honey Island Swamp Band, The Soul Rebels, Butler, Bernstein & The Hot 9, Jewel Brown with Gregg Stafford’s Jazz Hounds, Creole Wild West, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux and the Golden Eagles, Young Guardians of the Flame, and White Cloud Hunters Mardi Gras Indians, Young Men Olympia Aid, Divine Ladies, Big Four, and Original Big Seven Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church Mass Choir, The Sensational Chosen Voices, Rosie Ledet & the Zydeco Playboys, Ottertrail Native American Dance Troupe, Rising Dragon Lion Dance Team, Calliope Puppets and more.

Full Lineup:

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/

Can't wait!

see5harp

Really good lineup actually if you check the small print. This festival got the oldest average age though. Aaron Neville, Steve Winwood, and Dr. John lol. Why do they even bother with Juve and T.I. or even some of the younger bands like Kacey Musgraves or even Wilco. It's pretty crazy that Wilco or Widespread Panic could even be considered a "younger band."

pantsmith

I went last year and it was good (drunken) fun. Good crowds, too, especially in the smaller tents. Wholly recommended.

NH Apache

Banned
Really good lineup actually if you check the small print. This festival got the oldest average age though. Aaron Neville, Steve Winwood, and Dr. John lol. Why do they even bother with Juve and T.I. or even some of the younger bands like Kacey Musgraves or even Wilco. It's pretty crazy that Wilco or Widespread Panic could even be considered a "younger band."

I'm sure you know the Nevilles and Dr. John are going to play this festival till they physically cannot. Dr. John tore it up last year.

TI and Juve are looking at the 25-40 range. I wouldn't consider them attracting a young audience at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom