• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Orleans Jazz Fest Lineup Released (Springsteen, Clapton, Phish, etc) w/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
Edit:

Seeing as this is the last weekend, gonna update the OP a bit.

Daily Schedules:

jbc4k8Y.png

DnLPdxJ.png

QF2InO0.png

0dm2b1k.png

h3kBSwW.png

eke41Ml.png

COuawJj.png

Live stream video on AXS

http://www.axs.tv/

Also, streaming from the WWOZ stage:

http://www.wwoz.org/

----------------------------------------------
Original OP
---------------------------------------------

Jazz Fest Lineup Released!

Really amazing announcement video here with awesome animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EnxshehPDE

Full List (Notables in Bold):
ERIC CLAPTON
•BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND
•CHRISTINA AGUILERA
PHISH
•SANTANA
•ARCADE FIRE
•ROBIN THICKE
TROMBONE SHORTY & ORLEANS AVENUE
•THE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT
•TREY SONGZ VAMPIRE WEEKEND
•AARON NEVILLE
•FOSTER THE PEOPLE
•PUBLIC ENEMY
THE AVETT BROTHERS
•CHAKA KHAN
ROBERT PLANT AND THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS
•ALLEN TOUSSAINT
CHARLIE WILSON
•JOHN FOGERTY
•ALABAMA SHAKES
RUBÉN BLADES & ROBERTO DELGADO ORCHESTRA •
IRMA THOMAS
REBIRTH BRASS BAND •
LYLE LOVETT
•THE HEAD AND THE HEART
•BOZ SCAGGS
THE RADIATORS
•AL JARREAU
•JOHNNY WINTER
•BOBBY WOMACK
•BIG FREEDIA
DELBERT MCCLINTON
•KEB’ MO’
•NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS MAZE FEAT. FRANKIE BEVERLY
IVAN NEVILLE’S DUMPSTAPHUNK WITH SPECIAL GUEST ART NEVILLE
CHICK COREA & THE VIGIL
•MARY MARY
•ANDERS OSBORNE
•JASON ISBELL
PRESERVATION HALL JAZZ BAND •JOHN HIATT •
BRANFORD MARSALIS QUARTET
THE DIRTY DOZEN BRASS BAND
•RACHELLE FERRELL
KERMIT RUFFINS & THE BARBECUE SWINGERS
•LAURA MVULA
IRVIN MAYFIELD & THE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ ORCHESTRA
•SOLANGE
PHAROAH SANDERS
•WALTER “WOLFMAN” WASHINGTON & THE ROADMASTERS
THE RANCE ALLEN GROUP
•THE MAVERICKS
•GALACTIC
CHARLES BRADLEY & HIS EXTRAORDINAIRES
•TAB BENOIT
•ROBERT EARL KEEN
BETTER THAN EZRA
•ALEJANDRO ESCOVEDO & THE SENSITIVE BOYS
JON BATISTE AND STAY HUMAN
•BOMBINO
•DR. LONNIE SMITH TRIO
•JOHNNYSWIM BOBBY JONES & NASHVILLE SUPER CHOIR
•JOE LOUIS WALKER BERNARD ALLISON GROUP
•ROY ROGERS & THE DELTA RHYTHM KINGS
THE TERENCE BLANCHARD GROUP
•GREGORY PORTER
RENÉ MARIE – WITH LOVE TO EARTHA KITT
•PJ MORTON
•DAVELL CRAWFORD
GREENSKY BLUEGRASS
•SONNY LANDRETH
•THE INFAMOUS STRINGDUSTERS
JOHN BOUTTÉ
•SLEEPY MAN BANJO BOYS
•ALEXIS & THE SAMURAI
DR. MICHAEL WHITE & THE ORIGINAL LIBERTY JAZZ BAND WITH THAIS CLARK
SPENCER TAYLOR & THE HIGHWAY QC’S

Article: http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/2014/01/2014_new_orleans_jazz_fest_to.html

ЯAW

Banned
I hate it when Jazz fests are full of big non-jazz artist. Go with Jazz, people will come. Still, I want to go. I have been to New Orleans just once. On top of that I was robbed there during my visit, I still loved the city. Awesome food, awesome street music and awesome bars.

NH Apache

Banned
ЯAW;97098356 said:
I hate it when Jazz fests are full of big non-jazz artist. Go with Jazz, people will come. Still, I want to go. I have been to New Orleans just once. On top of that I was robbed there during my visit, I still loved the city. Awesome food, awesome street music and awesome bars.

The full title of the festival is New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. There are multiple stages and tents where some are thematic (gospel, techno, Classic Jazz.)

It has grown so much since it started in Armstrong Park. Last year I went on the day DMB played. It was amazing; they played through a thunderstorm with an encore. Saw Earth Wind and Fire the same day, too, as well as others. All on a 50 dollar ticket.

ЯAW;97098356 said:

Yikes! Been here 12 years now and I've not had an issue. Damn.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Man some of those artists seem like they would be a little bit of a buzz kill for Jazz fanatics but I guess you gotta make em take a break somehow.

I haven't been to Jazz fest since the year Nirvana played but its an awesome show. Great audience too. Very mellow people to hangout with after the show closes down.

NH Apache

Banned
kinda awesomer than cochella.. plus the location. Might be a bit less kids too?

Anyone ever go to these..?

Not a whole lot of kids.

Food is amazing (Cochon de Lait Po-Boy, omg), drinks are pretty cheap and most of the beer and liquor sellers are local firemen raising money.

Relatively easy to get in and out of, and the festival is super safe. Add in that Jazzfest usually finishes about 7pm and a majority of the artists play around the city at night creates a full day of partying.

Considering that Lent ends about a week before, I forsee some serious music/beverage appreciation.

kinda awesomer than cochella.. plus the location. Might be a bit less kids too?

Anyone ever go to these..?

I've been three times and its awesome. Maybe 1/4 the size of a show like Cochella but they do not have all the acts both weekends so make sure you check the lineup. If you go, tons of people near the Fairgrounds will rent out their places so you can get a house a few blocks away and walk down. Also, it wraps up around 7:00 at night so plan to see some after-shows.

For people new to NO. please do yourself a favor and go see Allan Toussaint, Rebirth Brass Band, and Trombone Shorty at the very least. Then stay for the food. Parking can be crazy though and the fairgrounds are huge so get there at least 90 minutes in advance.

Clapton is a nice grab, as is BTE. This'll be my first time going to Jazz fest and NOT being petrified about finals at the same time.

Stet

Banned
For people new to NO. please do yourself a favor and go see Allan Toussaint, Rebirth Brass Band, and Trombone Shorty at the very least. Then stay for the food. Parking can be crazy though and the fairgrounds are huge so get there at least 90 minutes in advance.

Clapton is a nice grab, as is BTE. This'll be my first time going to Jazz fest and NOT being petrified about finals at the same time.

Preservation Jazz Band is great too.

So...who's going to Phish on Saturday?! If you're in NOLA, just do it. They haven't been since '96, and they are gonna tear the roof off that sucka.

EVOL 100%

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good lineup...

But that lineup pretty much says it all about how fucking dead Jazz is. Such a shame.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So...who's going to Phish on Saturday?! If you're in NOLA, just do it. They haven't been since '96, and they are gonna tear the roof off that sucka.

AAAAHHH I didn't even know this was happening. Not that I could have gone I guess.

And String Cheese?? Since when are they touring again?

royalan

I see some people are pressed that The Voice of Our Generation, The Legend, The Queen of Nasty, VOCALIST Christina Maria Desnudate Mi Reflejo Aguilera is receiving top billing.

NH Apache said:
Had tickets. Had to turn them down due to other responsibilities.

I regret it.

Whatever you're doing Saturday night, it's never gonna be as worth it as hitting that show.

AAAAHHH I didn't even know this was happening. Not that I could have gone I guess.

And String Cheese?? Since when are they touring again?

I think SCI is just playing the odd show here and there. From what I hear it's pretty phoned in mostly, but they have a new album coming out so maybe they'll hit the road for a real terr sometime soon.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Whatever you're doing Saturday night, it's never gonna be as worth it as hitting that show.

If only

I think SCI is just playing the odd show here and there. From what I hear it's pretty phoned in mostly, but they have a new album coming out so maybe they'll hit the road for a real terr sometime soon.

That's a bummer. Hopefully they don't lame it up at the festival

NH Apache

Banned
Anyone here going? Wish I was and I love New Orleans. Someone PLEASE record Christina's set and upload please!!!

It is being broadcast on some providers on the AXS Channel.

http://www.nojazzfest.com/news/watch-jazz-fest-live-on-axs-tv/

Additionally, some of the jazzfest is being streamed by WWOZ, but mostly straight jazz and blues.

http://www.wwoz.org/

That's one hell of a line-up. Why are some artists bolded though?

In the OP, I put some notables in bold. This was months ago when it was first announced. The full line up is here:

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/

With the daily schedules below:

Excuse the shitty PDF to PNG conversion.

I heard they will not be broadcasting Springsteen, Aguilera, and some other notables though. Does anyone know about that / if there is another way to watch it ?

NH Apache

Banned
I heard they will not be broadcasting Springsteen, Aguilera, and some other notables though. Does anyone know about that / if there is another way to watch it ?

Not that I'm aware. You may be Sol.

Here is a list from the axs site, not sure if this is everyone or partial.

JF_Image_Emailschedule.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom