• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

Boogs31

Linesman's fault. He's standing literally in front of both of them.

Not sure how that camera angle is conclusive in showing anything. It's like a mile away. The one close up shot during the game definitely showed that Cuadrado gave Ramos a light shove in the back. I still don't know if he stepped on his foot or not from any of the angles shown. The linesman, as you stated, was right next to them with a better angle than any camera had.

Bersi

Higuain literally didn't touched the ball tonight. Juventus was basically playing with 10 players all night. At least Dybala was trying. Higuain wasn't even running. He was just walking especially during second half.

Buffon was also bad tonight.

he didn't touch the ball in the 2nd half 'cos the team played awful and he was completely isolated,i know people like to blame all on him but tonight we simply didn't turn up in the 2nd half so i don't like to give individual faults even though as i said i was expecting more from dybala simply because he's our best player.

now we need to buy 2-3 key players so that we can improve even further,i'm confident we can reach the final again next year.

I won't lie. I was so sure that Zidane would a massive flop and dissapointment at Real Madrid. Never imagined him being this successful

i dunno is he doing anything different? I feel like he walked into a ready made team and madrid are just doing what they usually do.

I have no evidence of this btw other than what I see in the CL the last 5 years.

LeleSocho

Banned
i dunno is he doing anything different? I feel like he walked into a ready made team and madrid are just doing what they usually do.

I had the same mindset up until recently and thought Zidane was really not that good but i don't think you win 2 CLs in a row if your coach is one of the "do whatever you did until now" type of guy.

LAM09

Zidane is shutting up those people that doubted him. Two CL titles in less than two years as a manager.

Remarkable

RocknRola

Zidane is shutting up those people that doubted him. Two CL titles in less than two years as a manager.

Remarkable

+ 1 League too (the first since 2012, which for a club like RM is like a century away).

Dude is doing a great job for sure. One only needs to compare what RM played during the Benitez days and the Zidane days (in the same exact season).

LAM09

+ 1 League too (the first since 2012, which for a club like RM is like a century away).

Dude is doing a great job for sure. One only needs to compare what RM played during the Benitez days and the Zidane days (in the same exact season).

I know, but Real Madrid have a CL first & league second mentality.

Pachimari

I have no evidence of this btw other than what I see in the CL the last 5 years.
Our team was in shatters before Zidane came in. Benitez made the squad uncomfortable and the tactics didn't work. Of course there's still players from the Ancelotti days and that has probably also played a role, simce Zidane and the players knows each other from the time and Zidane has learned from Ancelotti. But this team is entirely Zidane's.

I know, but Real Madrid have a CL first & league second mentality.
We really wanted the league this season though. I feel like the league was the primary objective, since we won the Champions League last season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The only reasons why someone would say that CR is better than Messi:

1. they are Real Madrid fans
2. they are from Portugal
3. they are ManU fans (I don't know why, it's not like CR is winning titles because this shitty team)
4. they are new to football
I think Messi is a better player but Cristiano Ronaldo has been showing up in the decisive games these pat three years. Messi otoh has been disappointing ever since the WC final aside from a few moments of brilliance in individual matches.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I think Messi is a better player but Cristiano Ronaldo has been showing up in the decisive games these pat three years. Messi otoh has been disappointing ever since the WC final aside from a few moments of brilliance in individual matches.
This is true. In fact, besides two goals during El Clásico, Messi was absent during the first Clásico, the ties against PSG, the ties against Juventus, and a bunch of La Liga matches against small opposition. I know he scored plenty this season, but Ronaldo scored when it counted. Then again, Madrid plays for Ronaldo while Barcelona doesn't play for Messi.

Syder

This is absolutely the case.

One thing I disagree with you on is that Messi hasn't been showing up. Most of the time he's the one dragging Barça/Argentina over the line. Usually, with Messi [and Ronaldo] it's their teammates letting them down.

I think it's disingenuous to suggest that either Messi or Ronaldo is 'much better' than the other because it comes down to personal preference a lot of the time. Messi has more accolades and trophies but Ronaldo has an International title to his name and has been doing much better than before at a club level in the last 2-3 years. All I'm saying is, it's really easy to say CR7 is 'superior' now after back-to-back CL titles and a European Championships win and Barça's worst season in a long time but you can't ignore Messi's career as a whole which for me is the most staggering I've ever seen.

Tubie

Congratulations to all the forums madridistas

A wonderful year. Siiiiiuuu

h5 m8

CJshoJM.gif

Us right now.

Atolm

In my mind, Zidane's biggest accomplishment is to convince Ronaldo to play less. Every time season's end came, Ronaldo was physically at his limit. This time, he was at his best.

But Zidane won WC twice already at that point....well and the Champions League. No european title with Juve for Buffon is rough.....

WC twice? Nah. WC, EC, CL, Spain League, Italian League and several cups though

All these messi vs. ronaldo debates are puny because zidane is easily the best player ever lived

In my mind, Zidane's biggest accomplishment is to convince Ronaldo to play less. Every time season's end came, Ronaldo was physically at his limit. This time, he was at his best.

Zidanes biggest accomplishment was the WC

Top Bottom