• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Jude

Banned
26223511171_67f9de709c_o.png

26016913360_73f862f01a_o.jpg

Xyber

If only QB wasn't so messed up in so many ways. I really dig how it looks and I always love me some Remedy shooters. But I refuse to pay 70€(!!) for a UWP version of a game that runs bad and needs to be downsampled from infinity and beyond to get some good image quality.

sertopico

If only QB wasn't so messed up in so many ways. I really dig how it looks and I always love me some Remedy shooters. But I refuse to pay 70€(!!) for a UWP version of a game that runs bad and needs to be downsampled from infinity and beyond to get some good image quality.
In its current state and pricing it is better waiting, that's for sure. Nevertheless I love Remedy games and I couldn't wait, but in situations like this, patience is a great virtue. :D

Quantum%20Break%2008_04_2016%2018_42_27.png

Quantum%20Break%2008_04_2016%2017_54_27.png

I really like how the GI works, makes everything look extremely realistic in my opinion.

Xyber

In its current state and pricing it is better waiting, that's for sure. Nevertheless I love Remedy games and I couldn't wait, but in situations like this, patience is a great virtue. :D

Yeah, I will play it some day when it's cheap and by then I will probably have a pretty nice GPU to push those pixels with as well.

OtisInf

Wow QB looks pretty good on PC. Played it on Xbox.

Looks can be deceiving ;) http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc

Watermarking screenshots? Whyyyyyyyyyyy?
It just looks so silly to me....
I don't want them to end up on imgur in some dork's collection where said dork is claiming they're his. Most photographers on Flickr watermark their pictures, why would they do that, eh? If you don't want to watermark your pictures, you're free to do so, I think watermarking them is necessary nowadays. Which is kind of sad, but that's the reality we live in: too many people think they can just grab stuff from others and claim it's theirs.

OtisInf

I trust my own eyes more then a article. I played on Xbox One and these pc screenshoots look way better and sharper. Wich is logical offcourse.
The article lists all downsides of the PC port as well as comparisons with xbo shots. IMHO many of the downsides on that list are inexcusable and mean an unplayable game. especially for the price they're asking for it.

Theorry

The article lists all downsides of the PC port as well as comparisons with xbo shots. IMHO many of the downsides on that list are inexcusable and mean an unplayable game. especially for the price they're asking for it.

What the hell has that to do with me saying from some screenshots posted here that it looks good.

I don't want them to end up on imgur in some dork's collection where said dork is claiming they're his.

So what if they do? I lost count of how many times people were posting my screenshots as their own. I just realized that it doesn't matter whatsoever if they do.

If anyone SHOULD watermark their shots, it would be DeadEndThrills. He does this for a living and people post his stuff as theirs left and right on Tumblr, Reddit, etc... all the time. And it certainly hasn't hurt his business.

Watermarking just detracts form the screenshot which would otherwise be a clean representation of a game's art and not the person that took it. And I respect Duncan a ton for realizing that and not watermarking his stuff.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So what if they do? I lost count of how many times people were posting my screenshots as their own. I just realized that it doesn't matter whatsoever if they do.

If anyone SHOULD watermark their shots, it would be DeadEndThrills. He does this for a living and people post his stuff as theirs left and right on Tumblr, Reddit, etc... all the time. And it certainly hasn't hurt his business.

Watermarking just detracts form the screenshot which would otherwise be a clean representation of a game's art and not the person that took it. And I respect Duncan a ton for realizing that and not watermarking his stuff.

Some people have a sense of pride and ownership over the screenshots they take, and its strong enough that they want to protect themselves from others claiming their shots as their own. You may not feel that strongly about it, but some others do and thats okay. I don't think Duncan has any more reason to do it than anyone else. Perhaps OtisInf would like to someday be at a place where their screenshots are associated with a brand like Duncan and Deadendthrills is. It will be harder to attain that if someone else on another site claims their screenshots.

midhras

I really don't get it. All that work to get a high resolution shot, compose it so it looks nice, and then a freaking watermark. Ew.

If you have to watermark your shots to make people realize they're yours (as far as game screenshots can even be considered yours to begin with), they're probably not distinctive enough to start with. No one can prevent you to do it, but it sure as hell looks the opposite of classy. Meanwhile, we're all forced to look at it, whereas any goose on tumblr that wants to show your work off as his can just cut away some part of the shot (something they're likely to do, watermark or no watermark) or simply remove the watermark using content-aware.

OtisInf

It's a tiny name in the lower left corner, it's not plastered all over the shot.
It's nice you don't care what people do with your shots, some people do. What Duncan and others do, that's their choice, I just watermark my shots. If that makes your eyes blister, then I'm sorry, but I'm not going to remove them

I really don't get it. All that work to get a high resolution shot, compose it so it looks nice, and then a freaking watermark. Ew.

If you have to watermark your shots to make people realize they're yours (as far as game screenshots can even be considered yours to begin with), they're probably not distinctive enough to start with. No one can prevent you to do it, but it sure as hell looks the opposite of classy. Meanwhile, we're all forced to look at it, whereas any goose on tumblr that wants to show your work off as his can just cut away some part of the shot (something they're likely to do, watermark or no watermark) or simply remove the watermark using content-aware.
No-one forces you to look at it. Geess, it's a bloody 27pixel high picture which is blended in.

I do wonder what makes it 'the opposite of classy', if the majority of photographers adds a (much bigger) watermark to their shots on flickr. I add copyright headers to the code I write and share, I add a copyright marker to the pictures I take and share and I add a copyright marker to the music I create and share. I do that for decades now, and I can't do it with pictures all of a sudden, because 'oh big problem'. I don't really get what the problem is, especially with the many shots in this thread with big HUDs in view, or worse: from old games with eye-blistering resolutions. No complaint from any of you. But a mark! The blasphemy! :) Come on, man. There are other, way more important things to get wind up than a watermark in a shot from some random guy on the Internet.

But hey, if complaining about a tiny mark in the lower left corner of a picture keeps you entertained, go ahead, but IMHO this thread is better served with you sharing pictures here than telling me what I can't do with my pictures. Thanks.

Got to be honest fam... do you really think anyone else is trying to gain fame/take profit from GAF PC screenshots? I mean come on be real...

I don't think anyone is trying to steal shots from here for anything other than the purpose they are being posted here: to share some screenshots.

Let's bring it back to reality just sayin', get those feet on the ground.

That said I wasn't bothered by the watermark. Just the reason for including it was just silly to me.

Top Bottom