• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 PC Screenshot Thread

llien

2018 Screenshots Thread
The Rise of the Tomb Raider header image is courtesy of the talented OtisInf.​

The Rules
  • Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
  • Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of your collection.
  • Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
  • Compression: If it's visible you will be called out. Follow the JPEG guide below.
  • Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
  • Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.
  • Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
  • Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting? Does anyone care about some ugly texture you found? No.
  • Feelings: Did someone hurt your feelings? PM a mod. Take your drama elsewhere.
The Tools
  • Custom Resolutions: If you have an Nvidia or an AMD card, create a couple custom resolutions over 1080p.
  • Steam: You can tell Steam to also save lossless screens when hitting the button and choose and output folder.
  • FastStone: It's free and quite easy. You can resize a whole folder with different options and convert to .png/.jpeg.
  • Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
  • Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare.
  • Alo81's JPEG Guide: Everything you need to know about saving as a JPEG.
The Hosts
  • Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
  • Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
  • Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.
The Credits
  • Created using @"Stallion Free"'s post.

The Screens
TODO: Favorite screens from the 2017 thread. PM me your suggestions​

Last edited:

Espada

These two are from Hob, a game I bought back during the Winter or Fall Sale. It was a great little game from the folks over at Runic Games (Torchlight, Torchlight 2). I really like the look of this game, the mixtures of right angles, curves, mechanization and nature painted a rather charming looking world to explore. The game also has vista points that lend themselves to screenshots, but they're by no means necessary as the game's UI fades away and there's plenty of dramatic views to take in outside of them. One of my favorite things the game does is let you peer deep into the stage ahead.

Hob_2018_01_16_05_55_44_423

Hob_2018_01_16_05_08_01_729

Pentapolis

Hob looks lovely, shame Runic got shut down shortly after releasing it.

Here are a couple from Forza Motorsport 7

Z6OJ5hz.jpg

QVisXa1.jpg

asker

Before things get out of hand, can we please only post the images with the img-tag, and not make the images themselves a link to a different website. It's SO much easier just being able to click the images to enlarge, instead of having the click send you to a different site where you may or may not be able to watch the image in full size.

Last edited:

ehead

Subnautica

IrMd0f4.jpg

hasxM0N.jpg

I don't know if I'm doing it right. I'm playing at 4k resolution but I guess the in-game screenshot mode can only do 1080p. The game looks really pretty.

Edit: I'm stupid, and I don't read OPs. Will rectify this with my next post in this thread.

Last edited:

Espada

Skyrim with an ENB was amazing but the performance tradeoff was unacceptable for me. Still, I can understand why some can never go back to vanilla after that. I also have some Killer is Dead screenshots, but the damn UI is gigantic and low res.

40105868251_a968a4d02f_h.jpg

Top Bottom