• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 is gonna be another great year.........mostly for me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
packshot_esrb_rp.jpg
4ORJW6U.jpg
32i3eFB.png
3jInF6C.png

FaSTIFx.png
81-pSXZ56tL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81hmWAdXP8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
pbkWZN1.png

Robb

Gold Member
I wish I had your taste, that’s a big list already!

The only game in that list I’ll be getting for sure is Paper Mario.

zeldaring

Banned
Rise of ronin maybe
Black Myth: Wukong maybe
Prince of Persia maybe

2024 is looking very weak so far lol, but i still have a huge backlog so don't care.

Last edited:

amigastar

Homeworld 3 is one of the few games i know that come out in 2024, otherwise 2023 is much better than 2024.
Maybe if GTA VI comes out in 2024 i won't complain.

Last edited:

Bkdk

wish there will all be same day pc version release, but I'll play granblue fantasy, persona 3 reload, ff7 rebirth and refantazio. Stellar blade is also very likely 2024 but don't know where the hell that game went to. I look forward to homeworld 3 as well, but will wait a bit since the other feb games have an ending. I'll get homeworld 3 in mid march I guess.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Stellar blade is also very likely 2024 but don't know where the hell that game went to.
I have zero experience with Chinese or Korean games, it looks interesting but I dont know if they real games or not.

Last edited:

Doom85

Aside from Unicorn (I feel I need to see another trailer, I’m not a massive Vanillaware fan, both Dragon’s Crown and Muramasa were good games but I wasn’t insane about them) and Another Code (not into games that are mostly puzzles), I’m excited for the games listed.

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah, 2024 is looks quite crazy hype in order:

1. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - looks set to be stunning
2. Metaphor: ReFantazio - mega hyped for this
3. Persona 3 Reload - will happily complete P3 for the 3rd time
4. Stellar Blade :pie_crying: - where art thou?
5. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - sure why not.

There's also the two FFXVI DLCs which I guess we'll get in 2024 and I'll be there day 1.

Rise of Ronin if it turns out to be less Ass Creed then I may give it a go.

Last edited:

Pejo

Isn't the Super Mario RPG remake next year too? Anyways, nice list Danjin44 Danjin44

Both Grubble games, P3, and Metaphor are high on my list.

What's that princess Peach game?

Labadal

2024 looks like an amazing gaming year... for me too.

-Dragon's Dogma II
-Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
-LIke A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
-Lost Eidolons: Veil of the Witch
-Metaphor ReFantazio
-Paper Mario: TTYD
-Rise of the Ronin
-Sand Land
-SaGa Emerald Beyond
-Suikoden I-II Collection
-Unicorn Overlord

This is just for jrpgs I'm interested in.

Guilty_AI

I'll still be playing <2023 titles by then

Still, i wonder if ULTRAKILL and Lunacid get a full release next year.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm glad you're stoked about it but I have a really low tolerance for weeb aesthetic. Especially when the characters sound like retarded chipmunks and scream all the time. Which is a shame because I really like the Japanese game design and really dig it when they go over the top, plus I'm sure that there are a lot of great stories to be experienced in games like that. But holy shit, some of that stuff is just...
incoherent-weebshit.gif

Guilty_AI

I'm glad you're stoked about it but I have a really low tolerance for weeb aesthetic. Especially when the characters sound like retarded chipmunks and scream all the time. Which is a shame because I really like the Japanese game design and really dig it when they go over the top, plus I'm sure that there are a lot of great stories to be experienced in games like that. But holy shit, some of that stuff is just...
incoherent-weebshit.gif

Kurotri

Oh YEAH? Guess what OP, for me too!

Metaphor Refantazzio - I've been waiting half a decade for this game. Katsura Hashino is *the* goat and him breaking away from Persona to creating something with a unique fantasy setting is pure bliss.

Persona 3 Reload - Revisiting this masterpiece made by a team at Atlus that so obviously cares about even the smallest details? Chef's kiss.

Unicorn Overlord - From Vanillaware, I only played 13 Sentinels, but that experience was so pristine that I immediatelly became a fan. Instabuy.

FF7 Rebirth - I got into FF only a few years ago, thanks to the remake. Self-explanatory!

Assassin's Creed Red - Been an AC fan since the original, this series has a special place in my heart and it's finally going to Japan. Odyssey is at the top of my list and that team working on it is just great news to me.

Prince of Persia The Lost Crown - Same as above. I was initially put off by the garbage trailers but if you watch the actual gameplay footage, you'll see that a fine gem is hiding in there. I can only hope public perception changes.

There is so, so much more, like Yakuza 8, Rise of the Ronin and so on. Many I'm forgetting, like smaller niche titles.

In my book, 2023 was one of the best years in gaming of all time, and 2024 is looking crisp as hell. I especially love the japanese side of things, they are on a *roll*.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Forgot AC Red is next year and it is finally dumping the modern bits in that game. Going to be interesting to see the take on the formula.

Not completely sold on main characters yet, but we will see a lot more I am sure.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth is the only one I can think of now even though there are others listed. I'm not sure if I'm going to get more PS5 games until the (hopeful) PS5 Pro launches. But any thing coming to PC is on my radar.

Infinite Wealth is auto day 1 with how good Like a Dragon was.

I keep forgetting about Dragon's Dogma 2, but maybe because its release still seems far in the future, most likely coming in 2025. In any case, we should be finding out new info during TGS week.
Actually, I can give you material for a new thread. Itsuno-san, the game's director, recently posted on twitter that DD2 will have a 50 minute special panel post their TGS presentation.

It's the thing I'm most hyped about the next week.

tmlDan

is this where we say fkn weeb?

Joking aside, its starting off great already - this post covid influx is killer

Dream-Knife

Banned
Only one of those I'm going to get is Granblue.
P3 was good, but not good enough to replay IMO. P4 and 5 were much better.

Last edited:
Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes (Switch)

Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake (Switch)

Unicorn Overlord (Switch)

The Wolf Among Us 2 (Steam)

Granblue Fantasy Relink (Steam)

Sandland (Steam)

Alone In The Dark (Steam)

Ace Attorney Apollo Justice Trilogy (Switch)

Another Code Recollection (Switch)

Persona 3 Reload (Steam)

Metaphor ReFantazio (Steam)

Senua's Saga Hellblade II (Steam)

Ys X (Switch)

Runner Up

Paper Mario: TTYD

Princess Peach Showtime!

Spirit Hunter Death Mark II (Switch)

Luigi Mansion 2 HD

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Waiting for Steam release)

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

I hope Dragon's Dogma 2 and MHW2 is next year. Also secretly hoping for that Ace Combat 8 which has been in the making for the longest now.

Top Bottom