• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2048 (Number game: Join the numbers and get to the 2048 tile!)

theaface

Seems like a clunky imitation of the excellent iOS game THREES.

Edit: At least they credit it at the bottom of the page.

Cade

Got a score of 8996 on my first try thanks to my crippling Threes! addiction, but some bad 2 management kept me from getting a tile higher than 512 even though I had the two 256s I needed on the board :(

rjc571

Banned
First try:
eVpbOnb.png

I don't know why other people aren't doing as well. It seems really hard to lose at this game.

mrkgoo

First try:
eVpbOnb.png

I don't know why other people aren't doing as well. It seems really hard to lose at this game.

If it's anything like threes, your first go doesn't necessarily mean anything. I know a few instances where you do well on your first go, but then find it really difficult to repeat it

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Got 2048 a few times now.

Best advice I have is to never ever use the up key unless absolutely necessary

I wish it didn't end at 2048 I could have kept going.

rjc571

Banned
... But you did lose?

It took me a long time to lose even though I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. There were several occasions where the board was close to filling up, but seemingly every time this happened I ended up in a situation where it was possible to combine multiple pieces several turns in a row, thereby clearing most of the board..

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Another tip: Try to keep your highest tile in a bottom corner. Even if you have to fill the rest of that bottom row with trash, fill it so you can keep it in the bottom corner while still being able to use your left and right keys.

Fury Sense

nMxwl9g.png

If you keep your highest # in a corner, you can pretty reliably get to 1024

http://ov3y.github.io/2048-AI/ - AI can beat it

edit: don't want to bump. just beat it with my pretty good strategy: highest in top left. focus only on the next highest directly below it. keep the entire left wall as storage for high value blocks from top down highest to lowest.

ZkPt9QT.png

injurai

Banned
yeah I spent 5 hours playing this yesterday...

another 2 just now. I can make a 1024 easily with my highest score being 14752.

terrisus

Doesn't work in Opera (all I get is a single block in the upper-left with a number in it. If I press the arrow keys the number will change randomly, but nothing else happens)

Qurupeke

I played for a few hours and I only managed to get a 512. I randomly pressed buttons and I got a 1024 and a 512.¬¬
Fun game though. I also found an android app of it.

Top Bottom