• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 Reasons The Evil Within will Rock; Pre-Order Steam version 25% off Limited Time

Nibel

tew6fjse.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Game Informer October issue is now available digitally. If I wasn't in Spain with only a cellphone, I'd get it. I both am curious but not to know some about the preview. Bethesda blog says the Evil Within article is eight pages, includes new screenshots and info.

The Game Informer October issue is now available digitally. If I wasn't in Spain with only a cellphone, I'd get it. I both am curious but not to know some about the preview. Bethesda blog says the Evil Within article is eight pages, includes new screenshots and info.

Nice. I will check it out.

EDIT: lol, digital subscription ships in 24hrs? Why not instant?

Bl@de

Are there any infos about extra modes and new game plus? I know this isn't RE, but Mercenaries with Sailor Sebastian, plllllzzz :p all i know is: two extra segments of (background) story in the dlc.

Dusk Golem

Are there any infos about extra modes and new game plus? I know this isn't RE, but Mercenaries with Sailor Sebastian, plllllzzz :p all i know is: two extra segments of (background) story in the dlc.
New Game+ is in (can use on any difficulty you've beaten or lower, no higher difficulties you haven't completed yet, carries over weapons, items, and upgrades from previous Playthrough), game has unlockable difficulty, other unlockables, but all we know is
rocket launcher.

Bl@de

New Game+ is in (can use on any difficulty you've beaten or lower, no higher difficulties you haven't completed yet, carries over weapons, items, and upgrades from previous Playthrough), game has unlockable difficulty, other unlockables, but all we know is
rocket launcher.

So basically just like Re4. Perfect. This and a solid upgrade system = One run after another to max out everything. The first time I finished re4, i jumped back into the game on the next day :D

Ps. Thanks for all the info dusk. This thread is my no1 evil within source thanks to you ;)

Oh I thought you were picking it up on PC, you're going with the PS4 version then?

Honestly I'll probably have the PS4 and Xbox One versions. So if I do I'll be sure to note the differences I see in performance, but by then I'm sure digital foundry will have a article on it. I will be getting PC eventually as well.

Dusk Golem

PC version for me, may buy a physical console copy for collecting if I really love it. I also hold the stupid and irrational hope the Xbox One I won may come with a copy of the game, but I know that is highly unlikely, I big part as it was not stated as a prize and really just me wishing for it.

PC version for me, may buy a physical console copy for collecting if I really love it. I also hold the stupid and irrational hope the Xbox One I won may come with a copy of the game, but I know that is highly unlikely, I big part as it was not stated as a prize and really just me wishing for it.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. The Green Man Gaming saving was too big to overlook, but as someone who has a Japanese copy of RE4/CVX on PS3 just to have something on my shelf, I might yet buy something physical.

Congrats on winning an Xbone too. If Wolfenstein is anything to go by, the Xbone version of this shouldn't be too far off the PS4 version.

The game informer article was pretty good, but I stopped reading as they started detailing the chapters. I don't want to know too much about that stuff :)

Zushin

Boo. Neither the original 25% discount nor the 20% discount mentioned later on work for me in NZ. Oh, well.

It's strange, last night the 25% code wasn't working for me in Australia, but today it did. Not sure what is going on with that.

NZNova

It's strange, last night the 25% code wasn't working for me in Australia, but today it did. Not sure what is going on with that.

Normally when I see region restricted stuff on GMG it's marked as (ANZ), but this time it's just (NZ). So I guess even if the discount codes work with Australian version, NZ is off in its own no-discount-fuck-you region.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
the way the character moves and the game in general looks really stiff or something, also the frame rate seem meh and jumps around it seems

Lucent

the way the character moves and the game in general looks really stiff or something, also the frame rate seem meh and jumps around it seems

Pretty sure it's an old build. Probably haven't made any new demo builds after awhile because they're just trying to polish all month. We're supposed to get a new trailer for TGS. Maybe it'll look improved. But the impressions from the game informer stuff listed in the other thread didn't mention him moving stiffly so it must either have been improved beyond what's been playable and/or the guy wasn't bothered by it.

Dusk Golem

A reminder the 25% off coupon expired on the 12th.

I can say I didn't notice clunky animations when playing the game, but then maybe by nature of design horror games have always had some clunkiness to them that has been forgiven and even overlooked while playing for other things in the game while playing and unnoticed for immersion and atmosphere. Examples include characters running into walls commonly in tank control games or interesting run animations especially.

Top Bottom