• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K to publish Jade Empire: Special Edition for PC

butsomuch

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=210228

2K to Publish BioWare's "Jade Empire: Special Edition" for the PC

-- Action-RPG Anticipated for January 2007 with Enhanced Visuals and Additions --

New York, NY - September 7, 2006 - 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it will be publishing Jade Empire: Special Edition for the PC. Jade Empire is an award-winning role-playing game (RPG) from renowned PC game developer BioWare. Anticipated for January 2007, Jade Empire: Special Edition will feature enhanced graphics and a number of new additions.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with 2K to deliver the immersive story and exciting world of Jade Empire to PC gamers," said Ray Muzyka, CEO of BioWare.

Jade Empire: Special Edition will be exclusively available for the PC and will feature increased graphic resolutions with new visual effects and fighting styles, as well as new monsters and enemies with enhanced AI. The game will also include customizable, intuitive controls and an all-new art book as part of the Special Edition bonus content.

"BioWare has a large and loyal fan base of PC RPG gamers and we have heard their many requests for a PC version of Jade Empire," said Greg Zeschuk, president of BioWare. "We are happy to work with 2K on our latest product."

"With Jade Empire's extensive list of accolades and BioWare's industry-wide respect as a developer, 2K is delighted to bring the beloved Jade Empire franchise to the PC," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K.

This is the only Jade I need on my PC.

assassinsassassft5.jpg

No DirectX9 required, either.

winter

Jade Empire for Xbox sucked so I wouldn't get too excited. The most boring, linear rpg with some of the worst playing and least strategic combat i've ever played.

White Man

Shard said:
2K Games is really becoming something of a home for discarded games.

Yeah, this isn't the first time they're taking MS's sloppy seconds.

If there is any effort put into this port, I could end up being interested. The Xbox games had lots of technical flaws, and I think a beefy PC will fix them. A beefy PC will not, however, fix the smallish dungeons and sluggish combat.

MMaRsu

Banned
bluemax said:
Is this game BC on 360? I might pick it up on the cheap that way if so. Otherwise PC version FTW.

Yeah it is, I got it. I got bored after a while though :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
White Man said:
Yeah, this isn't the first time they're taking MS's sloppy seconds.

If there is any effort put into this port, I could end up being interested. The Xbox games had lots of technical flaws, and I think a beefy PC will fix them. A beefy PC will not, however, fix the smallish dungeons and sluggish combat.

Not to mention 2K Games picking up Majesco's (The Darkness) and Atari's (Civilization) discarded properties among others.

bluemax said:
Is this game BC on 360? I might pick it up on the cheap that way if so. Otherwise PC version FTW.
It is, framerate gets pretty bad at times but it might have been like that on xbox 1 too, dunno.

Kabouter

Shard said:
Not to mention 2K Games picking up Majesco's (The Darkness) and Atari's (Civilization) discarded properties among others.
They could be doing a hell of a lot worse than Civilization...
Picking up the imho best series in gaming of all time ain't that bad :p

Kleevah

This game is now availible for pre-order on steam, releasedate is Feb 27th for US and March 2nd for everyone else.

Haunted

Kleevah said:
This game is now availible for pre-order on steam, releasedate is Feb 27th for US and March 2nd for everyone else.
thanks! I was wondering where the game was when they didn't release it last month.

XSamu

Banned
I loved Kotor and I hated Jade Empire. All those fockin speeches, all this game did was talking. Action was boring as well.

Jade Empire is short and pretty easy but enjoyable. Don't go in expecting too much and you'll have fun with it.

It's pretty much a shorter KotOR with a more action-based battle system and without the weight of the Star Wars universe behind it.

Grug

I tried to play this on Xbox a couple of days ago. Was really excited about it... oh my god guys, the boredom, the horror!

Bioware, what were you thinking?

Drek

beermonkey@tehbias said:
This is the only Jade I need on my PC.

assassinsassassft5.jpg

No DirectX9 required, either.
She's got some pretty nice highlights. Most girls they overdue that shit. Must go to a nice salon, those eyebrows are well shaped too.

Surprised no one has mentioned her big ass nose.

Anyway JE was a decent game, I just think my expectations for it were too high. If you're a Bioware fan and don't already have the Xbox version then I'd reccomend it since it's only $40. Comes with some nice extras too...

XSamu

Banned
SlaughterX said:
Surprised no one has mentioned her big ass nose.
Yeah well, nobody's peferct (except for me maybe), but I don't think you'll be worrying 'bout her nose when she's laying in bed with you, now will you?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh come on, you people disparaging that girl would hit it 5 ways till Sunday and you would know it.

hobbitx

ElectricBlue187 said:
nice manly jawline there.
She has a very nice, firm facial structure that is sort of handsome, but in a very beautiful and feminine way. Kind of like Dr. Mossman from Half Life 2. I like chicks with features like that, Morgan Webb and that ugly man from the Wii commercial have fugly manjaws.

XSamu

Banned
SlaughterX said:
Also she looks like an under developed teenager...
So does Katie Holmes, but before she hooked up with Tom Cruise, you would've love to hit her, am I correct?

XSamu

Banned
SlaughterX said:
She looks ok, better than Jade, but neither are worth salivating over...
You're rather picky aren't you? You must be quite the player? Which (famous) woman do you like?

I'm not that picky, and I wouldn't consider myself a player, but I've been with women that look better than both of the women mentioned in this thread. I really could care less if a woman is famous or not, that just means she has more money to buy make up to make her look better than she really is. I like my women developed, tall with long legs, and with a decent looking face, that's all.

XSamu

Banned
SlaughterX said:
I'm not that picky, and I wouldn't consider myself a player, but I've been with women that look better than both of the women mentioned in this thread. I really could care less if a woman is famous or not, that just means she has more money to buy make up to make her look better than she really is. I like my women developed, tall with long legs, and with a decent looking face, that's all.
Ok, fair enough. The famous part was only so that we both know the woman you would mention.

Tellaerin

disappeared said:
Like everyone at GAF are prize catches.

Jesus Christ.

The 'anyone who doesn't think this girl I like is super-hot must be a slobbering mongoloid' card is way overplayed around here. And even if some of the critics are less than 'prize catches', how does it matter? If they don't find the girl attractive, they don't find her attractive. What does what they see in the mirror every morning have to do with somebody else's flaws? It's like the people who argue that you're not qualified to criticize a game/movie/piece of art unless you can produce something better yourself (an idiotic line of reasoning that's a pet peeve of mine :p ).

Oh, and for the record, I think Jade Raymond's cute in a 'girl next door' kind of way. :p

Mau ®

I really liked Jade Empire, dont see anything wrong with it but whatever.

I'll get this, never went beyond the main city for a reason I cant remember, I think a big PS2 game came out (GOW I think...).

Mejilan said:
If I already have the LE Xbox version, do I need this one?

My understanding is that it is pretty much the same thing. There is one extra character to play with and a couple of new fighting stances and that's about it. You also get (apparently) a better interface than the Xbox controller could provide and higher resolution graphics (the screenshots actually look good for the game).

I'll pick it up when it is on sale since I never bothered with the Xbox version (not a big fan of the console gaming).

Maridia

Tellaerin said:
The 'anyone who doesn't think this girl I like is super-hot must be a slobbering mongoloid' card is way overplayed around here. And even if some of the critics are less than 'prize catches', how does it matter? If they don't find the girl attractive, they don't find her attractive. What does what they see in the mirror every morning have to do with somebody else's flaws? It's like the people who argue that you're not qualified to criticize a game/movie/piece of art unless you can produce something better yourself (an idiotic line of reasoning that's a pet peeve of mine :p ).

Oh, and for the record, I think Jade Raymond's cute in a 'girl next door' kind of way. :p

Okay, but do they need to share? Someone posts a pic of a cute and intelligent woman on the board and suddenly there's a legion of assholes in the thread pointing out her ****ing jawline or her "gigantic" nose. Are you like this in real life? If your friends bring their gfs over to your place, do you scream out their flaws? "OH JESUS CHRIST JOHN THAT BITCH'S NOSE IS BIGGER THAN MY FIST!!!" "A JAW LIKE THAT BELONGS IN THE UFC!!! I WANT TO PUNCH HER!!!" "DO YOU LET HER ON YOUR FURNITURE WITH THOSE POINTY KNEES?!!" It just strikes me as completely unnencessary in a gaming discussion, as if some people will just take any opportunity to ostracize women from the anonymity of the Internet.

Also, i think it's interesting that making fun of a man's weight is intantly bannable, but pointing out the dumbest shit with regards to women is perfectly acceptable.

Top Bottom