• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K to publish Jade Empire: Special Edition for PC

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Interesting. So it'll have all of the content of Xbox LE and then some? I might 'upgrade' then. :)

goldenpp72

ill just say this jade woman looks very beautiful, apparently everyone here has their own personal perfect model shaped for them

Mejilan said:
Interesting. So it'll have all of the content of Xbox LE and then some? I might 'upgrade' then. :)

I wish it was at a $29.99 price point given the game's age, so I'll wait until I can find it onsale for that price before snagging it. Supreme Commander is also going to keep me busy so I can idle around until Best Buy does one of their week-long pricedrops.

White Man

Fragamemnon said:
I wish it was at a $29.99 price point given the game's age, so I'll wait until I can find it onsale for that price before snagging it. Supreme Commander is also going to keep me busy so I can idle around until Best Buy does one of their week-long pricedrops.

35.99 on STEAM for Jade Empire!

White Man

Fragamemnon said:
Tempting, but I just started a BG2 replay yesterday (just got out of Chateau Irenicus) and have SupCom this week. $30 or bust!

SupCom and C&C3 demo this week :D Good week to be an RTS fan.

SupCom ended up singing on my computer. I get a stable 30-40 fps with all settings maxed out, although I imagine I'll have to turn off some things for insane multi games.

White Man said:
SupCom and C&C3 demo this week :D Good week to be an RTS fan.

SupCom ended up singing on my computer. I get a stable 30-40 fps with all settings maxed out, although I imagine I'll have to turn off some things for insane multi games.

I started getting interested again in C&C3 when I read that Greg Kasavin of Gamespot fame took a role as one of the assistant producers on the game after he left Gamespot in December. Years of reviewing high-profile games on the PC should give him an idea as to what late-inning tweaks the game needs before release.

Hope the demo has multiplayer. I'm worried we might just get a skirmish mode and a single player level, and neither of those are what makes C&C very fun. It's all about tank rush gogoogogogogogogoogogogogogogo, unless you're playing Tiberian Sun and then it's all about discovering that you don't need sleeping pills to fall asleep anymore if you're playing it.
They should have called it C&C: Ny-Quil or something instead.

Jade Empire SE for PC ships on the 26th. In stores and on Steam on the 27th.

Tellaerin

Maridia said:
Okay, but do they need to share? Someone posts a pic of a cute and intelligent woman on the board and suddenly there's a legion of assholes in the thread pointing out her ****ing jawline or her "gigantic" nose. Are you like this in real life? If your friends bring their gfs over to your place, do you scream out their flaws? "OH JESUS CHRIST JOHN THAT BITCH'S NOSE IS BIGGER THAN MY FIST!!!" "A JAW LIKE THAT BELONGS IN THE UFC!!! I WANT TO PUNCH HER!!!" "DO YOU LET HER ON YOUR FURNITURE WITH THOSE POINTY KNEES?!!" It just strikes me as completely unnencessary in a gaming discussion, as if some people will just take any opportunity to ostracize women from the anonymity of the Internet.

AFAIK, she's not one of the other poster's GF's, and she's not participating in this thread, either. (Though by all means, correct me if I'm wrong.) She's also a public figure at this point, with her picture having appeared in magazine articles and such. That makes her fair game for 'guy talk', just like any other female model or celeb. I may not agree with what they say, but they've still got the right to say it. (Besides which, I seriously doubt Jade Raymond really gives a rat's ass what some guys on a messageboard think of her nose anyway.)

Or do you just feel guys shouldn't express any negative opinions about any woman's appearance on the Internet? Are you going to jump in to defend, say, Morgan Webb the next time her jawline becomes a topic of conversation here (as it has, many, many times)?

Finally, as far as it being unnecessary in a gaming discussion, well, it wasn't necessary to toss her picture into the thread with the 'This is the only Jade I need on my PC' comment, either. Putting her photo out there like she's all that is inevitably going to draw out the folks who disagree - it's the same phenomenon you see at work whenever somebody declares 'game x is the best in its genre' like it's an unassailable fact.

Getting back on topic...

I think I'm one of the very few people who wasn't disappointed with Jade Empire on the Xbox. I thought it was a fresh, fun action-RPG, with a lot more freedom story-wise than most games in the genre. I can see how people who were expecting another Baldur's Gate/KotOR might have felt a little let down, but I thought it was great by aRPG standards. Definitely looking forward to picking up the PC version.

Top Bottom