• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2Ship2Harkinian | Zelda Majora's Mask decompilation PC port

Soodanim

From the group that brought us Ship Of Harkinian, the extremely feature-rich PC port of Ocarina of Time, we now have the 1.0.0 release of 2Ship2Harkinian, the PC port of Majora's Mask.

Get it here: https://github.com/HarbourMasters/2ship2harkinian/releases/tag/1.0.0

The Big Features​

• Support for higher frame rates
    Similar to SoH, 2Ship allows you to up the framerate to as high as you want using Matrix Interpolation! The game logic still runs at 20 FPS, so this is all purely visual and won’t change any authentic game behavior.
  • Frame buffer effects - We hacked our way around needing to solve this in SoH, but with 2Ship we have a working frame buffer implementation that allows us to accurately recreate these effects like Motion Blur or capturing images for the PictoBox. You can read our blog post about this here.
  • Free look - More camera freedom by allowing you to control your third person camera with the right analog stick.
  • Save related enhancements - Added the ability to auto save at timed intervals, back-ported "pause saving" from OoT, and preventing Owl Saves from being self-destructed when you load in.
  • Binary Save Import - While on file select screen, drag and drop save files from Recomp or Emulators to import your save into 2Ship. (Works with all of the save formats we were able to get our hands on, if you have something that doesn't work please create an issue on GitHub!)
  • DPad Items - Equip any item or mask to any DPad slot!
  • HUD Editor - Allow you to move and scale all elements of the hud. Includes presets for 4:3 (original) and widescreen HUDs.
  • Support for both N64 1.0 USA and GameCube USA roms!
{I've highlighted some of my favourites}

Enhancements​

• Widescreen support
  • Seperate volume sliders for Master, Main Music, Sub Music, Sound Effects, Fanfares and Ambience volume.
  • Several graphic settings you might have gotten accustomed to from SoH.
  • Support for higher FPS (Matrix Interpolation).
  • Fix targeting snap that MM camera introduced.
  • Options to invert camera X and Y axis.
  • Free look with several options to customize it to your liking.
  • 'Debug Camera' - Akin to the old-school no-clip, but for the camera. Position your camera anywhere you want. Great for cinematic shots!
  • A myriad of cutscene skips. Skip to file select, skip entrance cutscenes, the intro sequence, story cutscenes and misc interactions. More to come!
  • Persistent Owl Saves (continuing a save does not get rid of owl saves).
  • Pause Menu Save (bringing back the saving system from OoT!).
  • Autosaving. Automatically create an owl save on an interval.
  • Keep items on resetting the time cycle. Keep bottle contents, consumables, razor sword and rupees. More to come!
  • Fast text - Speed up text rendering and hold B to skip to the next textbox even faster!
  • D-pad Equips - Equip any item to your D-pad.
  • Fixes - Fix the wrong ammo count color or the authentic HESS/Weirdshot crash.
  • Change clock graphic - change it to a text-only clock or make it a 24 hour clock.
  • Adjustable Motion Blur - Turn it off, turn it all the way up, whatever tickles your fancy!
  • Bow reticle - Easier aiming.
  • Faster mask transformations
  • Fierce Deity's mask usable anywhere
  • No Blast Mask Cooldown
  • Always win Doggy Race
  • Play as Kafei
  • Adjustable climbing speed
  • Several restorations from OoT - Constant distance backflips/sidehops, power crouch stab, side rolls and Navi/Tatl ISG.
  • Enable Sun's Song (which was still left in the game's code)
  • Play ocarina with D-pad
  • Prevent dropped ocarina inputs
  • HUD editor - Adjust scale and position of the HUD elements.

Cheats​

• Infinite health
  • Infinite magic
  • Infinite rupees
  • Infinite Consumables
  • Unbreakable Razor Sword
  • Unrestricted items
  • Moon jump
  • No clip

Developer Tools​

• Save editor
  • Debug mode - Including the original no-clip mode and debug warp menu (with an optional better warp menu).
  • Toggles to prevent actor initialization, updates, or draw calls individually.
  • Frame advance
  • Set/load warp point
  • Collision viewer
  • Stats menu (show FPS)
  • Console
  • Gfx Debugger - Step through every single individual draw call in the rendering pipeline
  • Actor Viewer - View information on each individual actor in the scene, along with toggles to stop them from updating or drawing.
  • Event log - Keep track of and filter various things that happen in your session, including but not limited to: Textbox displayed, scene transitions, flag sets, item gives, etc

Setup guide: https://www.shipofharkinian.com/setup-guide

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
the difference between this and the recomp is that this is more moddable, has support for texture packs, and is a more customizeable experience in general. However from a bit of testing the recomp looks better visually

either way, you now have 2 ways to play Majora's mask on PC for free. Compare this to Switch where you're still playing at 20fps 4:3 hardstuck at the original N64 textures, models and framerate for 50 dollars a year. Praise PC and its modding/emulation scene!

Now if we had Wind Waker, TP, and Minish Cap PC would be the best place for legacy Zelda

Last edited:

Soodanim

the difference between this and the recomp is that this is more moddable, has support for texture packs, and is a more customizeable experience in general. However from a bit of testing the recomp looks better visually

either way, you now have 2 ways to play Majora's mask on PC for free. Compare this to Switch where you're still playing at 20fps 4:3 hardstuck at the original N64 textures, models and framerate for 50 dollars a year. Praise PC and its modding/emulation scene!

Now if we had Wind Waker, TP, and Minish Cap PC would be the best place for legacy Zelda
Recomp stopped working for me, it CTD'd and won't launch again so I can't even compare for myself! I blame Windows as I tried a fresh install and still nothing. Looking forward to having a Linux install just for an alternative system for when things break.

You're right, it's insane that Nintendo have the source code and everything else yet it took people doing it as a hobby for fun to get any sort of modernisation.

Looks like we'll see a BOTW decomp before we see a WW decomp at this rate, and TP is still quite a way off. Not sure what's going to happen with Minish Cap, as even though the decomp is done I'm not aware of any PC ports in the works.

Thaedolus

This shit is so cool. I bought MM at launch and never finished it. Still have that cart sitting on my shelf, unfinished. This could be the thing that finally gets me to load it up again and get through the whole game

Soodanim

v1.0.1 released - https://github.com/HarbourMasters/2ship2harkinian/releases/tag/1.0.1

Tweaks​

• Auto Saves and Pause saves will now always be persistent, meaning when you load into them they will not self destruct like an owl save would.
  • Prevent auto saving and pause saving before Clock Town and after going to the Moon.

Fixes​

• General performance improvements.
  • Fix issue with free look while standing on Woodfall Lilypads
  • Fix "Unknown" showing on GC version of boot screen
  • Fix crash during the Deku King's Dance in the end credits
  • Fix saves not being imported when there are special characters in the path
  • Fix stars appearing pink
  • Fix issue preventing Goron Lullaby Intro from being learned.
  • Fix various issues preventing some Linux distros from running 2Ship due to LibCrypto errors
  • Fix play as Kafei sometimes resulting in bugged out textures
  • Fix broken textures on File Select screen for GC Rom users
  • Fix issue with skipping the Clock Tower opening cutscene teleporting you to somewhere you shouldn't be.
  • Fix HUD editor precision issues causing the clock elements to jump around.
  • Fix for infinite ammo cheat preventing you from obtaining the Powder Keg.
  • Fix L Button not preventing song recognition in combination with DPad Ocarina.
  • Fix issue with floating windows on steam deck.
  • Fix Duplicated devices showing up in controller window.
  • Fix doors changing texture when opened.
  • Fix many color combiner issues.
  • Fix issues when extracting and re-zipping O2R files.
  • Update ImGui to fix known issue with some Linux Distros.

Known Issues - We know these are painful we are investigating!​

BlackTron

Gold Member
I haven't updated it in a while but my old version of OOT SoH works greats and looks amazing. I used x360ce to map the xinputs to a real N64 controller. Definitive experience. Can't wait for even more decomps/progress on recomps. With emulation I still get lots of issues in many games, especially in essential multiplayer modes like Goldeneye.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
If i recall the oot port wasn't finished yet? Or is it now?
It was amazing. Probably the best way to play OOT imho.

I also tried the decompiled recompiled version, but Ship of Harkinian added so many QoL improvements to OOT. It was clear that it was made by people who love the game and have worked for years to bring it to its best version. That's why I decided to wait for this. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait too long. I'll try it once it gets a few more patches. Thanks to the creators.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
Top Bottom