• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 open world HD remasters coming soon which ones are you getting?

Saganator

I plan on getting the PC version of GTA V when there is some new story missions. I enjoyed the story in GTAV, but not enough to want to play through it again, and unless they completely overhaul GTA:O to not suck, I'm not really into playing that either. If I bought it at release, I'm pretty sure I'd just walk around for a bit and check out the changes and that's it.

impact

Banned
None of them.

1. Why would I play an old game in the season where tons of great new games are being released
2. Why would I pay $60 for an old game

These publishers don't fucking get it. Had GTA5R or SR4R come out during the summer or spring drought at $40 or $50 it's pretty much a no brainer. No way I'm putting Bayo 2, Evil Within, Alien, Driveclub, Smash U, etc on the backburner for fucking GTA5 (again)

At least by the time next years drought kicks in all these should be bomba priced

I have Saints Row IV already on Xbox 360, so I'll be skipping that, but I do plan to get Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell on Xbox One.

Not sure about Sleeping Dogs and Grand Theft Auto V yet. I thought that the Sleeping Dogs demo was good, so I might get that. I could never get into the Grand Theft Auto series, so I don't know about getting V yet, but we'll see. I'm sorta interested.

I'll probably wait until they're cheaper, though.

I have Sleeping Dogs preordered but I might cancel it. I don't really have time for a new game and the GTA one looks really promising. Might grab it around Christmas time since I'm getting Dragon Age on that day.

Certinty

None of them.

1. Why would I play an old game in the season where tons of great new games are being released
2. Why would I pay $60 for an old game

These publishers don't fucking get it. Had GTA5R or SR4R come out during the summer or spring drought at $40 or $50 it's pretty much a no brainer. No way I'm putting Bayo 2, Evil Within, Alien, Driveclub, Smash U, etc on the backburner for fucking GTA5 (again)

At least by the time next years drought kicks in all these should be bomba priced
With GTA V as if this is going to make a difference.

The one I WANT to play the most is Sleeping Dogs, but I already played the main story on PC a while ago, and I don't want to pay 60 bucks for it on consoles. I'm really surprised by its high pricing. GTA5 was ok at times, fun in short moments, and awful a lot of the rest. I really hated Michael's (the main guy?) family and anything to do with Trevor. GTA4's story and characters were just so much better to tolerate for 20+ hours.

I really liked Saints Row The Third, but I never played 4 and don't have much compulsion to do so. At least it is the cheapest of the three remasters, and might be the one I play first as a result. But, in all honesty, I want Sleeping Dogs for 29.99.

Indiedevs

Banned
I was going to buy Sleeping Dogs, but after they announced that the next game is a PC online game, im not going to give these people more money.

GTAV down the road when they have some story DLC. Of course if they do what they did with GTA4's DLC where you didn't have to have the original game then I'd do that instead. I just don't see myself playing through the single player again.

Possibly Saints Row 4, because it's the only one I haven't played yet.

I have no interest in playing through GTAV or Sleeping Dogs again.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If I had to choose one it would be Sleeping Dawgs, but I'm against buying these HD Remasters so soon after their initial releases. In fact I'm getting pretty sick of them already. Seems like these multiplatform ones are just PC versions with a few tweaks.

Top Bottom