• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30mins of Assassins Creed Valhalla leaked (get it while its hot)

Looks fine, but not impressive if this is supposed to be the next gen version.

I haven't played an AC game since Syndicate so it's weird seeing such a heavy focus on combat and not so much on stealth. Maybe these are just combat heavy areas?

Either way, it's still stupid that there was never a true follow up to Black Flag (Rogue doesn't really count) that expanded upon what made that game so awesome

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
All these bars, highlights.. I just hate how gamey the ui is in these games.
And she sounds "tough" lol. Like Jensen but lady

Andodalf

Banned
I'm totally not supposed to buy a new console to play this shit, right?

Its on current gen, so no.

Looks fine, but not impressive if this is supposed to be the next gen version.

I haven't played an AC game since Syndicate so it's weird seeing such a heavy focus on combat and not so much on stealth. Maybe these are just combat heavy areas?

Either way, it's still stupid that there was never a true follow up to Black Flag (Rogue doesn't really count) that expanded upon what made that game so awesome

Odyssey massively deemphasized stealth, and this seems to not walk that back much. At least one shot kills and the hidden blade are back

Last edited:

SSfox

RDR2 a game on a 1.8TF game release 2 years ago looks much more impressive, WTF

I mean i know Rockstar are the some of the best, but i expected a bit more for a new gen game (well i know it's cross gen, but still),

I don't want to judge quickly but i mean it has some Odyssey vibe, a game that i didn't even liked to begin with, idk weird.

Peroroncino

Here's hoping Ubisoft will feel pressured to release something more high-quality (and obviously directed) that much sooner. I'm still on the fence.

Last edited:
Over all, it looks pretty good, image quality and movement seems to be much better than in Origins, combat looks a little clunky but that's okay to me honestly. Frame rate was definitely very unstable, so I have to imagine that this is an older build of the game before the code is more optimized.

Would have preferred to see the gameplay in an official state, but so far this looks pretty good for a leak

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I can deal with different accents and stupid dialogues. The animations tho.... that shit gets me man. These big third party publishers need to step the fuck up and hire more animators.
Yeah, its ridiculous how far ND is in just about every single department that I give a damn about. Its annoying, I want to enjoy other games.

bosnianpie

I really liked Assassin's Creed back in the days, bought the first five games and completed them all. After AC3 I noticed that Ubisoft didn't have any plans to make something memorable or special out of the series anymore.

It was just another business model that made sure a new game with the AC logo would be in the stores every year before Christmas. Assassin's Creed is the fast food of gaming. It can taste great but once you're finished you ask yourself why you keep eating that garbage.

SSfox

I wonder how the horse riding feels, hopefully it will be something close to RDR2, but it looks like AC odyssey but it's hard to say by just watching, tho if it's exactly like Odyssey then it's really bad, but i hope it's not but we'll see.

J3nga

Liked origins for it's egyptian setting, got oddyssey on sale, never finished it, gameplay grind after 10 hours became unbearable. Doubt I want even 1 hour of the same thing for the third time.

Dynasty8

Oddysey was great. I'm down for this to be similar taking place in a different era and some gameplay improvements. Count me in.

Andodalf

Banned
Eivor design and voice acting look like a bad joke compare to Kassandra.

The design definitely seems to be a simple adaptation of the male version, whereas Kassandra was completely distinct from Alexios. Not having a unique design sucks

Now it makes sense why they didn't show us real gameplay during the Xbox event and instead decided to go with "gameplay".

Looks like shit for a next gen game.

It's a cross gen game dude. Wait for the AC after this one. God people are ignorant.

Neo Blaster

Looks Witchery in visuals. Combat still leaves A LOT to be desired. There are so many good games to copy out there in this regard and they still have that crap with 100s of developers on board. Also kinda hard for me to go back to these panned out camera's after God of War. You can still have over the top, just zoom it in at least 20% more on the character. Shadow of Mordor combat is something that would fit this game very well. Probably PS4 pro footage. Looks OK. Not day one tho...
It's on Xbox or a PC with controller, notice RT, LT and Y buttons.

Andodalf

Banned
The zoom out of the castle looked really nice. I wonder when this is from. Some stuff is just straight up broken, noticeably every single thing with the bartering ram

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Looks good honestly and I love Vikings so definitely will be giving it a try.

Wondering though, am I going to be able to play as a non binary character?, or else I’ll have to boycott the game.
/s

Andodalf

Banned
Pretty hyped about that skill tree, curious if it makes the final cut. It’s more complex than many rpgs these days!

dDoc

Gotta give it to ubisoft, they took that vid down real fast. Any mirrors so I can watch and be disappointed as well?

MastAndo

It looks like more of the same, but you won't catch me complaining - I loved Odyssey, and I'm down to play an updated version of it with a different backdrop, though I understand how AC purists or those tired of a conventional open world format might scoff at this.

Even then, I would think we would have learned to reserve judgment on graphics until we see something better than a 1080p YouTube video compressed to all high hell.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
It looks like more of the same, but you won't catch me complaining - I loved Odyssey, and I'm down to play an updated version of it with a different backdrop, though I understand how AC purists or those tired of a conventional open world format might scoff at this.

Even though, I would think we would have learned to reserve judgment on graphics until we see something better than a 1080p YouTube video compressed to all high hell.

People want to hate no matter what. They’ll say the game and series sucks when AC3 was the last one they played, and a compressed video makes a great excuse to talk shit. People really hated last years game I guess!

Bollocks

While Odyssey and Origins were pretty dope this doesn't interest me 1 bit. I just don't like the setting, this video doesn't fill me with confidence that come release I'll enjoy it

Even then, I would think we would have learned to reserve judgment on graphics until we see something better than a 1080p YouTube video compressed to all high hell.

It's definitely going to look much better once it releases - specially in motion, on a TV with HDR. Visuals per say are not the issue for me personally.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I never understood why y'all like assassin's creed games.

Most of them here playing it for “ open world game “ they don’t care about the title , they even don’t know what assassins creed is .. now it’s a dude or a girl killing some guards and make out under some tree with a dude or a girl .. with a huge sea to sail on .. Assassins creed is gone when Ezio story ended

Peroroncino

Oh my goodness yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

We can finally hide any equipment piece we want, no clunky shield or bow on my back, no siree.

sircaw

Banned
When i first watched the video i thought i was watching the witcher 3.

It's probably an early build, needs some work but i am sure it will be ok.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom