• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

32" Dough Spectrum OLED 240hz Monitor, starts a 699.00 during pre order phase.

Puscifer

Pretty amazing! Can't believe they're beating bigger brands to the market with this, and I definitely don't want the C2 because 42" was too big for desk use. And I love my glossy 4K monitor from them I use for work and gaming alongside my Corsair OLED, which both are going to be likely retired for this one.

But I will say this: research Doughs background before pre ordering, I've had great luck with them post upper management change but I get if people don't want to based off their past but you can always just refund.

Fahdis

I wonder why LG is taking so long to bring a monitor of that size to the market for half the price of their C2 42 inch range. All they needed was a 32" screen for $500 years ago to make a breakthrough on the market. Oh well.

Puscifer

I wonder why LG is taking so long to bring a monitor of that size to the market for half the price of their C2 42 inch range. All they needed was a 32" screen for $500 years ago to make a breakthrough on the market. Oh well.
Because its the premium option on the market. Even though rtings has proven that LG is basically the best at this.

dotnotbot

With WOLEDs, software mitigation of white subpixel overshoot is very important if you want decent looking dark scenes. "Lesser" brands often won't implement dithering well enough (like Philips) or will cut down on 10-bit processing in dark colors resulting in a mess in motion in games like Hollow Knight. It's especially important for games, more than for movies. So what I'm saying is I basically wouldn't go with anyone else than LG unless it's QD-OLED.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Is the OP a paid shill? Just curious because this looks like a shady company.
Never heard of these guys before and did a quick Google search of Dough GmbH and there were lolworthy results

They went through a management change late last year and they cleaned house. I ordered my glossy and got it from China in a week earlier this year. They're even shipping pre orders to customers who got screwed by original management, as I said I *PERSONALLY* had a great experience with them now and their customer support and shipping.

Last edited:

calistan

With WOLEDs, software mitigation of white subpixel overshoot is very important if you want decent looking dark scenes. "Lesser" brands often won't implement dithering well enough (like Philips) or will cut down on 10-bit processing in dark colors resulting in a mess in motion in games like Hollow Knight. It's especially important for games, more than for movies. So what I'm saying is I basically wouldn't go with anyone else than LG unless it's QD-OLED.
This one is an LG panel, isn't it?

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
PSA: DO NOT purchase from this company.

I have personally purchased and paid in FULL for multiple monitors from this company (formally EVE tech) that have not been delivered. I purchased 4 of their 27' 1440p 240hrz monitors in 2019 and I am still fighting with customer service to get these fulfilled.

Do NOT get scammed here folks...this company is a complete dumpster fire.

I don't think they would spend time to shill here but the posts talking about this company "turning around" are complete bs.
Granted, I am bitter because I got burned out of $2200...but I think "better me than you" in this case. I wouldn't risk it.

Also, these monitors are not "scheduled to ship" until April of 2024.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member

I have personally purchased and paid in FULL for multiple monitors from this company (formally EVE tech) that have not been delivered. I purchased 4 of their 27' 1440p 240hrz monitors in 2019 and I am still fighting with customer service to get these fulfilled.

I don't think they would spend time to shill here but the posts talking about this company "turning around" are complete bs.
Granted, I am bitter because I got burned out of $2200...but I think "better me than you" in this case. I wouldn't risk it.
42ab765b-c7ad-4579-9764-517952dfa7bd_text.gif

twilo99

Tempting!

32inch with 4k resolution is 138 PPI .. nice and dense!

Crazy response time.. is that standard for OLED panels?

48 – 240Hz for VRR is also great

Last edited:

Puscifer

Also, these monitors are not "scheduled to ship" until April of 2024.
I understand and feel for you, but I'm just personally speaking from personal experience. I was honestly shocked after my arrival to see everything go so well and then see their real reputation. I like my glossy but yeah, I do agree that ordering from them should come with an asterisks that just because there's people like me doesn't mean it'll be the same for you. But I ordered mine, shipped in 24hrs, got here in a week and customer service responded with a question in 2 days so from that I can, again, say that if this the new normal operation it feels safe. FWIW I ordered from them in May

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I have the first Eve Spectrum and it's a great monitor, but would never recommend buying anything from Dough.

My next monitor will be from a well established brand - even if I have to pay more for it.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I have the first Eve Spectrum and it's a great monitor, but would never recommend buying anything from Dough.

My next monitor will be from a well established brand - even if I have to pay more for it.
In all fairness I did get the 4k monitor that I ordered from them (same time frame as the four that have not been fulfilled) and I use it as a third monitor on my work desk and it performs well.

That being said after two laptop fiascos and 4 other monitors not delivered I cannot recommend them at all.

CuNi

I have a CX and its still one of the best investments I've ever made.

My C1 will most likely be by my side till he either dies a beautiful organic LED death or true microLED is broadly available and affordable like OLED is rn.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
27-32' OLED 4k 120hz HDMI 2.1

Why is this such a hard ask?? These OLED monitors are always 1440p or ultrawide. :messenger_unamused:

JOLED went bankrupt and they were so close to giving us the perfect monitor with conventional RGB subpixel structure.

I guess im gonna have to wait for the QD-OLEDs to have a decent price.

8mVdksz6nTatDmGm4QArHj.jpeg

TVexperto

Is the OP a paid shill? Just curious because this looks like a shady company.
Never heard of these guys before and did a quick Google search of Dough GmbH and there were lolworthy results

I saw that but did anybody ever get their money back through that EU website?

KaiserBecks

I've had great luck with them post upper management change but I get if people don't want to based off their past but you can always just refund.

Yeah you can always ask for a refund. Getting it is a different story.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I saw that but did anybody ever get their money back through that EU website?
I'm guessing not
Here's the real time 'support' thread which should be more than enough evidence to stay far away from these guys

Astray

Gold Member
I have a 4k144hz monitor from them, idk what happened or if I got lucky, but they shipped it almost immediately. Weirdly enough, they didn't put the full bill amount on the invoice, just the initial reservation fee, which saved me a LOT for taxes.

It had quite a few issues with the initial firmware, but a few more and it became great, the minimal vibe is genuinely very nice and no gaming monitor manufacturer comes close to this level of grown-up aesthetic (it's all RGB bullshit), the upscaling is also really good for media consumption (most of my videos are FullHD).

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Why is this such a hard ask?? These OLED monitors are always 1440p or ultrawide. :messenger_unamused:
Grain of salt and all but the shop I usually have my PC custom builds come from the main guy there who also happens to be an engineer claims these companies are having a hard time getting the heat issues under control at 4k at the smaller sizes

Claims a prototype he saw of a 32" 4k when pushed at 120hz the fans were crazy loud keeping it cool

Again who knows

Pixel density, it sounds counterintuitive but getting high resolution onto smaller screens with OLED isn't as easy as it sounds. It's why you only see the 8k offerings start at 77inchs, and why for awhile the 42 and 48inch OLEDs were more expensive than the 55inch.

It's complicated to reach higher PPI on oled, and its a big deal to start seeing 4k oled at 27-32 inch.

Top Bottom