• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 is so tempting, like jessica alba on your bed

Buggy Loop

Not being able to buy a Wii this weekend im almost to the point of buying a 360, its not like i dont have games to play, i've got 5 or so games i have to finish on PS2, but GoW multiplayer and dead rising are making me twitch

Blue dragon, Lost odyssey, alan wake, halo 3 and lost planet... Jesus christ

I only want to pick 2 consoles this gen, Wii is 100% assured and it was basicly between ps3 and 360. What sucks is that, i've got quite a collection of ps2 games (only maybe 1/3 i would keep though) and 0 from xbox. PS2 emulation might come a long way but im not sure i should rely on that.

3 questions

1) Any hardware revision coming for 360 anytime soon? Rumor of HD-DVD built in or revised component for less heat etc?

2) GTA 4, exclusive, part time exclusive?

3) MGS4 on 360 rumor, where the hell did it come from, that would ease my decision so much :D

hyp

Buggy Loop said:
Not being able to buy a Wii this weekend im almost to the point of buying a 360, its not like i dont have games to play, i've got 5 or so games i have to finish on PS2, but GoW multiplayer and dead rising are making me twitch

I only want to pick 2 consoles this gen, Wii is 100% assured and it was basicly between ps3 and 360. What sucks is that, i've got quite a collection of ps2 games (only maybe 1/3 i would keep though) and 0 from xbox. PS2 emulation might come a long way but im not sure i should rely on that.

3 questions

1) Any hardware revision coming for 360 anytime soon? Rumor of HD-DVD built in or revised component for less heat etc?

3) MGS4 on 360 rumor, where the hell did it come from, that would ease my decision so much :D

1) i wouldn't expect new hardware until maybe late spring to fall 2007 at the EARLIEST. there's just too much 360 stock out there right now.

2) GTA4 simultaneous launch with PS3 version but all exclusive XBL content... episodic or mission based i believe.

3) came from this month's issue of EGM. it's just speculation, don't expect it to become reality.

I'm in the same situation. Now that the Wii/PS3 hooplah is all over, I find buying the 360 a bit more appealing.

Of course I was hoping to make it through next gen with only one console. I don't know if I can go without Nintendo.

But I'm certainly leaning that way. Winning that cheap Amazon one would seal the deal.

Buggy Loop said:

3 questions

The Xbox360 won't run away in 6 months. Finish your damn PS2 games and wait until you don't have anything else to play before buying a new console.

Uncle

Buggy Loop said:

They will start making the X360 with smaller processors some time next year (when you can buy them in stroes, I have no idea).

Pick up a 360 now and if you cant stand not having a Nintendo console wait for 6 months and then pickup a used one and save a little cash.

muckhole

Yeah, you could always get a 360 now, and in a year, if you aren't satisfied, sell it and pick up a PS3. This will give plenty of time to allow more PS3 software, bug fixes etc. and allow you to play what you want to now.

EDIT: I gotta learn to type faster.....

Now is the best time to become a 360 owner, there are a ton of good-great games for the system.

GOW
Viva Pinata
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Splinter Cell: DA
Test Drive: Unlimited
Saints Row
THPS:project 8
Raw vs Smackdown 2007
Oblivion
GRAW
NBA 2k7
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars: OT
Fear
Need for Speed: Carbon
Marvel: UA
Dead Rising

So far for only being out a year, it has some really good games, and some killer games as well. Getting a 360 is a wise choice.

KeithFranklin said:
Pick up a 360 now and if you cant stand not having a Nintendo console wait for 6 months and then pickup a used one and save a little cash.

Not a bad idea. Outside of Zelda there isn't much on the Wii. I could still play through the cube version.

Maybe there'll be some killer deals on 360 this weekend. :D

Buggy Loop

Littleberu said:
The Xbox360 won't run away in 6 months. Finish your damn PS2 games and wait until you don't have anything else to play before buying a new console.

Eh, not even Okami is keeping my interest, i've played it like 5 hours in 2 weeks. I finished DDS1 with full mantra grid, about ~12 hours into DDS2 i lost interest, story just seems blah compared to the first. XS3, im at the end, the "taking a break before last boss" RPG symptom i have which then i forget to get back and the game sits there for months even though im just mere hours from completing it.

Gears of war multiplayer is really what's bugging me, its been ages since i've played a good online shooter.

mysticstylez said:
Now is the best time to become a 360 owner, there are a ton of good-great games for the system.

GOW
Viva Pinata
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Splinter Cell: DA
Test Drive: Unlimited
Saints Row
THPS:project 8
Raw vs Smackdown 2007
Oblivion
GRAW
NBA 2k7
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars: OT
Fear
Need for Speed: Carbon
Marvel: UA
Dead Rising

So far for only being out a year, it has some really good games, and some killer games as well. Getting a 360 is a wise choice.

What's the point, really? Why not wait until HIS killer apps are out (notably Halo 3 and GTA4)? He'll have a lot more choice, probably a price drop, and he'll have time to end this generation.

You guys are all backlog-impulsive buyers. Think.

icecream

Public Health Threat
But if you get a PS3, your practices with the Wii will carry over to the SIXAXIS. :D

Just take your time, the 360 isn't going anywhere.

Tieno

Base your purchase mainly on games you want to buy and play in the future, not on games you already have.

FWIW GOW multiplayer is really good and unique! Very different experience!

Draft

I plan on buying a 360, but I'm waiting on:

1. A price drop
2. A bundle with a good game
3. A hardware revision that at least makes them break less, and hopefully makes them quieter.

Satisfy my requirements, Microsoft!

CaptainABAB

Buggy Loop said:
Gears of war multiplayer is really what's bugging me, its been ages since i've played a good online shooter.

Same here. I've lost interest in the current gen the last few months or so and Gears practically forced me to buy the console - especially once I saw the $50 gift card deal at Target. Worth every penny.

FightyF

Banned
If you miss out on the 360 you'll regret it.

It's like Alba on your bed and you're like, no thanks...you'd regret that, wouldn't you?

I'm glad I got my 360, but I would never buy a system for Dead Rising. I bought it specifically for that game and ended up barely touching it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Although I've had fun with my 360, I have been disappointed by its lack of proper next gen games. Most seem to be current gen with 'oh lets do a 360 version'. Dead Rising, PGR3 and Gears are the only obvious standouts for me (personally)

If you have the money to drop and want to play Gears badly, then do it. Its a fun game. Not the second coming of christ, but a good solid game that looks gorgeous.

If you can wait for those other games you talk about, you'll be in a better position to properly decide whether to get a PS3 or 360 to last you the generation. If you really only have one, think about which games have been exclusive to each platform previously and which games you couldn't do without.

Although you talk about Halo3, seems you didn't have an Xbox so you might be hyping it up in your own mind. And PS2 was weak on FPSes - doesn't look like PS3 will be

Why not get a wii and then see if you can use that to satisfy your next gen bloodlust for a while?

TheGreatDave said:
I'm glad I got my 360, but I would never buy a system for Dead Rising. I bought it specifically for that game and ended up barely touching it.

Science has already proven that Dead Rising is worth buying a 360 for.

Science.

citrus lump said:
Not a bad idea. Outside of Zelda there isn't much on the Wii. I could still play through the cube version.

Maybe there'll be some killer deals on 360 this weekend. :D

Well Microcenter does have a $100 rebate on 360's through December 3rd while supplies last.

I believe Target is still giving a $50 gift certificate with a 360 purchase.

Finally Amazon will have 1000 360s for sale for $129 Thanksgiving day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/102-4059343-0886504

As for Zelda my son wants it so we will pickup a used GameCube and the GameCube version.

KeithFranklin said:
Finally Amazon will have 1000 360s for sale for $129 Thanksgiving day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/102-4059343-0886504

As for Zelda my son wants it so we will pickup a used GameCube and the GameCube version.

Yeah if I'm lucky enough to snag one from Amazon then the debate is over for me.

Barnolde said:
Just wait for it.

65nm is early next year, why WOULDN'T you wait for that.

I wish there was an ETA on that. I'd hate to wait till summer/fall 2007.

mikeGFG

Banned
Get the 360. You have Gears, Dead Rising and Oblivion now, and Lost Planet, Bioshock and Assassin's Creed in mere months (not to mention the sheer software madness for the rest of 2007). Getting into Live Arcade right now is a great idea too. The pacing of titles was erratic before Summer, but that's since been corrected. There's now a weekly flow of games, and one-year-deep library should keep you busy for a while (or until MUTHA****IN CASTLE CRASHERS comes out :D)

And finally, since you mentioned you own ZERO Xbox games, getting Halo, Ninja Gaiden and KotOR are a ****ing must.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
so if jessica alba was on your bed you'd be like I DON'T KNOW YOU'RE PRETTY TEMPTING BUT NINTENDO IS MY FIRST PRIORITY?

Buggy Loop

Mike G.E.D. said:
And finally, since you mentioned you own ZERO Xbox games, getting Halo, Ninja Gaiden and KotOR are a ****ing must.

Oh, i played them already, just sold the xbox this summer with everything i had (5 games)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
drohne said:
so if jessica alba was on your bed you'd be like I DON'T KNOW YOU'RE PRETTY TEMPTING BUT NINTENDO IS MY FIRST PRIORITY?

nintendo = britney spears

she was hot 5 years ago, but now she looks kinda ugly

i guess

drohne said:
jessica alba:Xbox360::girlfriend:nintendo

Is one night (console) really worth throwing away your relationship, or will she (shiggy) understand? I mean... shit... it *is* Jessica Alba (the console that has Gears of War).

Xbox360 is better than Jessica Alba. Whereas Alba only has a few serviceable parts, Xbox360 has:

PGR3
COD2
Gears
Condemned
Viva Pinata
R6
Dead Rising
Saint's Row
GRAW
Oblivion
FNR3
Table Tennis
XBLA
Resistance*

You don't need to play these games in 6 months. You need to play them now.

*-Not really

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
I only just got a 360 and i got kameo and pgr3. Including all the arcade action these two games were more than enough for me to get the console.

I have viva pinata, SC:DA on the way, and gears of war just arrived. I seriously laugh at people who think the 360 has no decent reason for purchase.

Now i save my cash and wait for the ps3 next year in australia ($899) :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Z_jessica_alba272822173105.jpg

Uncle Nog is here to help.

JayDubya

Banned
There's some kind of thingie going on with Dell right now where everything is discounted for the holidays.

You can get a $400 X-Box for $340.

drohne said:

but what's the point of Jessica Alba being on your bed if you don't have a Wii?

360 is great. It's a hungry system that understands its competition and is trying to do everything it can to bolster its software lineup, much to the joy of gamers. Almost reminds me of the PS1 while it was still an underdog.

pr0cs

I don't know how the PS3 release schedule is going to be this xmas but right now there appears to be only 1 game actually worth playing (that is if you can get the unit).

The thought of skipping a long cold winter while everyone is nice and warm chainsawing their friends sounds really sad to me... considering how many good titles there are on the 360 to play this xmas, especially if you haven't bought in yet.

To each his own I guess, if there was something more to play on the PS3 it may be a more difficult decision but right now it seems like an easy choice to me.

Top Bottom