• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 2016 Line Up By Nintendo Revealed (Verified Source at Nintendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This has controlled leak written all over it.

1) Trev is convinced his friend won't get fired.

2) The list shows budgetary stuff, none of which is huge news but at least shows fans Nintendo is putting money into promotion.

3) Confirms a system is coming this year, which most people knew.

4) Confirms new games but has them under codename so it doesn't spoil a surprise.

Interesting information. Really like to have a Nintendo Direct soon, or an NX reveal. If it's launching his year I'd expect an announcemen in the next 2 months.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can only hope that N-Stars is a port/remake of the first three Paper Mario games, with full 3D effect and online battles in the first two games. It will have amiibo support to change Mario's costume, all of which will also be available in-game as collectibles or new side quests rewards. There will be new dungeons and levels, more partners/pixls and many more improvements, such as Miiverse integration and the possibility to create your own dungeons.

A man can dream, right? :(

Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Still not canceled?
Hopefully not, it looked interesting to me.

ramparter

Banned

2) The list shows budgetary stuff, none of which is huge news but at least shows fans Nintendo is putting money into promotion.

4) Confirms new games but has them under codename so it doesn't spoil a surprise.
But when did Nintendo do controlled leaks ever?

Except that codenames are sensitive subject. Do you really think that a "controlled leak" would throw something important and tied to NDA like this?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they cancel it? Because man babies threw a temper tantrum online?
Because they didn't like what they saw, which is more than enough to want a game canceled. I wish the new Doom game gets canceled too, I don't like the fact that the title is the same as that of the original game. Same deal with Pokken: no Vaporeon, no game.

Feichaw

Looking at this, I'm glad I sold my 3DS. There's nothing in the list that I want.

Zelda Wii U confirmed for NX then. Good. Very good.

Make Metroid 5 a launch title for the NX and I'll be there day one for you, Nintendo. Get Mass Effect Andromeda and online multiplayer free as well, and you can have my body too.

So they pulled a Twilight Princess, a year of delay to port the game on another platform instead of actual polish (TP always rubbed me the wrong way with the empty field, barren kakariko village, barely any side quests, gutted magic system, etc).

Why would they cancel it? Because man babies threw a temper tantrum online?

Because its a waste of time and money. This project has bomba written all over it. I dont see any good aspect in this game, either commercially or artistically. The angry people which you call man babies are the audience for the Metroid IP. If the only people interested in the Metroid IP gives no shit, then you can bet sth isnt going well.

I dont call for cancellation, but I could see why such a game could be cancelled or reworked.

Kouichi

Oh I really want to know what "N-Stars" is. My fanaticism for all things crossover is already getting me excited. I need to calm down the fantasizing before I disappoint myself.

Nintendo Skylanders makes sense and would be pretty sweet though.

I suspect they have, but am worried about what exactly to. Whatever it is, I hope there's a good single player component to it.
Even with a reskin I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of a linear, level-based Metroid game. In other words, a Metroid game that literally by design is not a Metroid game. And that aspect of the game I highly doubt will change.

Ridley327

So they pulled a Twilight Princess, a year of delay to port the game on another platform instead of actual polish (TP always rubbed me the wrong way with the empty field, barren kakariko village, barely any side quests, gutted magic system, etc).
I don't think it would have been delayed 18 months just for a port. For comparison's sake, the delay for TP came a couple of months before its release date.

Super Mario 3D World all over again?

Never judge a game by its first trailer.
Apples and oranges. People were disappointed with 3D World because the levels on display in the first trailer were bland, and made it look like a retread of 3D Land. No one thought it looked bad, would be bad, or would flop, just that at first glance it was underwhelming. Most people's problems with Federation Force are on a much deeper, more fundamental level.

Ansatz

Because its a waste of time and money. This project has bomba written all over it. I dont see any good aspect in this game, either commercially or artistically. The angry people which you call man babies are the audience for the Metroid IP. If the only people interested in the Metroid IP gives no shit, then you can bet sth isnt going well.

I dont call for cancellation, but I could see why such a game could be cancelled or reworked.

At best they would remove the Metroid branding if it does more harm than good, but the game itself exists because it's part of Nintendo's experiments with online games.

Federation Force isn't "hey let's make a Metroid game, what are the options"
It's "hey we want to make an online co-op game, use Metroid skins for increased sales potential"

But when did Nintendo do controlled leaks ever?

The timing and source of the reversed SS theme song was very suspicious in 2011 leading up to E3. It was uploaded on some random youtube account with no previous history.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When Wind Waker was first revealed this lead to years of Celda cries and calls for Miyamoto's head on a spike.

It then became a series favourite.

There's really no reason to cancel the game if the only reason is "people don't like how it looked".

What I really hope is Next Level not taking the full blow if the game we get is exactly the same and not been reworked in all this time. Because like it or not, is going to be more bomba that Codename Steam.

The fault lies here in Kensuke Tanabe, that fails to grasp what a Metroid game needs to feel when its showed (like trying to explain after the backlash that Samus appeared in the game as that would make it a real metroid. Thats not the fucking problem Tanabe)

Im not saying the galactic federation idea is a bad one, in fact I LOVE IT, but the implementation was horrible and looks artistically like a budget mobile game.

There's really no reason to cancel the game if the only reason is "people don't like how it looked".

The game looked artisitically horrible. But thats not the game's main problem, its only one of them. Its the gameplay they showed what seems incredibly mediocre. At the end of the day, you cant compare it with WW. WW was artistically good, but people were waiting a completly other thing after the GC test demo they showed, and thats why they were "crying". The game never looked meciocre for a gameplay standpoint in any of the trailers. Thats why when it was released, the perception totally cyhanged. Same with Super mario 3d world.

E-Cat

If this turns out to be true then I'm slightly annoyed that Zelda is indeed coming to NX as well as Wii U.

Still, this thread is going to be interesting.
Why? It would be the first "current gen" console Zelda in 13 years. Well, except for it's cross-gen and we don't really know the NX specs. But close enough.

Chorazin

Of course Rhythm Tengoku might be localized after I just ordered a copy.

Oh well, it's not like it's got some deep story I need to give a shit about.

NeonZ

Still expecting a gen 1 remake (or at least quasi remake) with a major focus on the original 151. The push has been too strong in that direction this year for them to merely release a Pokemon Z, or a new gen.

I really think they should wait for an actual 3d field gameplay revamp before doing that. The current "3d tiles" style would probably result in a very disappointing remake with a Kanto that would feel fairly empty and blocky, since they'd probably just convert the existing tiles to 3d, like what happened in most of Omega Ruby.

jorgejjvr

So, if the NX is coming this year, how many will trade in their WII U towards the pre-order of the NX and how many will keep the Wii U?
I like to keep my consoles

It's also possible that the NX will not be backwards compatible, it's still a great console with great games

Percy

Banned
I really hope those announced titles look good, because pretty much the only titles on that line up I'm planning on picking up are ports otherwise (DQs, HWL).

What are we thinking for N-Stars? New Mario Kart with other Nintendo characters/MK style racer billed as a seperate crossover title or a sports game of some kind? Hoping it's the former tbh.

NX coming this year? I mean not only the platform but also an hardware tied to it... and it seems to be a console since OP says Zelda U is coming on it. Well I would be very surprised by a 2016 release for a new home console.
Actually I'm ok to put some crow in the fridge just in case because I still don't believe you OP.

The rest is more or less obvious or at least very very plausible.

TDLink

Nstars might be Nintendo Skylanders.

I actually hope this is exactly what it is. We need an actual Amiibo game. And I'm sure it will be on Wii U and NX as well.

3DS lineup seems good. Strong titles all throughout the year. Pokemon for Holidays makes sense.

Zelda NX of course is obvious.

The game looked artisitically horrible. But thats not the game's main problem, its only one of them. Its the gameplay they showed what seems incredibly mediocre. At the end of the day, you cant compare it with WW. WW was artistically good, but people were waiting a completly other thing after the GC test demo they showed, and thats why they were "crying". The game never looked meciocre for a gameplay standpoint in any of the trailers. Thats why when it was released, the perception totally cyhanged. Same with Super mario 3d world.

Initial trailer for The Wind Waker showed no typical Zelda gameplay and was basically focused on two things: stealth mechanics and whimsical animations. There was no overworld traversal and no puzzle solving, and that trailer rubs me, a huge fan of The Wind Waker who haven't seen it back then, the wrong way.

What did you mean then?

For that matter why wouldn't TP on GameCube count?

Seems like people expecting NX version of Zelda Wii U to be a huge reworking and not a quick game port as TP Wii, for no apparent reason.

jariw

They do have brand new leadership who seems adamant about making changes in the company.

NoA still has Reggie at charge AFAIK? That Nintendo Japan would allow a NOA to make a controlled leak to a YouTuber (with a pretty low audience) just because Kimishima becomes the new CEO, is that even plausible?

According to this video, he claims that "People at Nintendo, them themselves are the biggest Nintendo fans. Since the passing of Saturo Iwata, communication has been difficult and less organized than every before. So, it has been really hard for them as a company. Nintendo is changing, basically bed(?) a new starting point. So, this information is something like a gift to the Nintendo fans that have been anxiously, patiently trying to wait the best they can for some kind of information, some kind of news about Nintendo's future and the NX going forward."

They employees are fans of the company, but are frustrated on how little the public knows (in a company with a huge history of secrecy) and decides to leak things as a gift to fans? To me, this approach doesn't make any sense for any kind of business.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cucurbitacée;196347854 said:
Except that codenames are sensitive subject. Do you really think that a "controlled leak" would throw something important and tied to NDA like this?

Yes, because codenames draw speculation. It hasn't blown the surprise in the least.

E-Cat

What did you mean then?
What is technologically feasible and reasonable to expect in that time window. And that does not include a console that is close to an order of magnitude less powerful than the competition.

By your definition, Nintendo could release a smartwatch powered console and it would still be part of the current gen by virtue of chronology.

But anyway, this is semantics. You know damn well what I meant.

For that matter why wouldn't TP on GameCube count?
Xbox 360 was already out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom