• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Ambassador - NES games are available for download... now!

Go to the eShop, then to Settings.

The games should be available under My Downloads. You will also get an Ambassador Certificate so everyone can see you are an early adopter via StretPass.

JTfBK.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AiTM said:
Any way I can download these on my 3DS, but play them on my DSi XL?

No.

First, they're 3DS games, not DSi games. Second, you can't transfer stuff from the 3DS back to the DSi.

Damn... no, really?!? And I'm at work... and I didn't even have to go in today, I just thought I would do some catch-up... shit...

Screw the haters... Good on you, Nintendo, you've quashed my early adopter blues nicely... :)

Murrah

Banned
I'm not normally one to complain about Nintendo's clumsy online interfaces, but the way they set these ambassador games up to download is just awful; taken 15 minutes now and I still have Zelda 2, Yoshi and the certificate to download. I just wanna play some Balloon Fight dammit

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Your battery is slow. Plug in your AC Adapter".

Wonderful, it's like they took the worst features of shitty 2005 PSP and put them in a 2011 system!

Stumpokapow said:

Wonderful, it's like they took the worst features of shitty 2005 PSP and put them in a 2011 system!
At least it charges fairly quickly. It's stupid it won't upgrade when you're plugged in and makes you wait til it hits a certain charge, though.

Stumpokapow said:

My Nyko battery laughs at your stock battery misfortune. Muahaha.

randomkid

Haha yeah it's funny how bootleg the process is, it did only take me 5 minutes to download 5 games this morning, but kicking you back to the shop screen each time is a hilariously dickish thing to do.

Played the first two levels of Mario, everything looked crisp and clear to me, can't wait to play Zelda 1 and 2 for the first time.

The Hermit

downloading them now... I don't think I ever played any of those games

BTW, they are hidden as hell... I found them in my "downloaded titles" section, wtf?!

The ambassador certificate is weird. It's a video telling you in several languages "If you yould like to receive updates regarding the Ambassador Program, such as when new titles are made available, you can update your notification settings by tapping the "Receive" button on the bottom screen."

It's like a weird makeshift workaround for sending notifications to only ambassadors.

NavNucST3

Tenbatsu said:
Downloaded all :)
It's a hassle thou to download them one by one -_-"

At least it is fast but, yes, one by one is no fun nor is getting put back to the main menu after downloading.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, I'm starting to think the 3DS interface needs an overhaul. Perhaps folders ala iPhone? As you start to add more content to the system the whole menu becomes loaded with icons. It looks messy and is difficult to organize.

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Damn... no, really?!? And I'm at work... and I didn't even have to go in today, I just thought I would do some catch-up... shit...

Screw the haters... Good on you, Nintendo, you've quashed my early adopter blues nicely... :)
They're old NES games, man. You've probably played them many times before. :p It's not that difficult to wait!

*I'm excited to try them too. ;-)

Cyport said:
Not working for me? Can Europe GAF confirm it's only abroad.

It's not up for me either (UK)

Aquavelvaman said:
The ambassador certificate is weird. It's a video telling you in several languages "If you yould like to receive updates regarding the Ambassador Program, such as when new titles are made available, you can update your notification settings by tapping the "Receive" button on the bottom screen."

It's like a weird makeshift workaround for sending notifications to only ambassadors.

That's probably exactly what it is. Remember that Nintendo announced this at really short notice, they probably have no way of sending messages to specific people without having an "app" on the 3DS menu that supports Spotpass notifications. It's a quick and dirty workaround that they can use until they update the firmware.

Gino

Downloaded all the games. I've beaten Zelda 1, and metroid recently so I'll try Zelda 2 agian, I've gotten far in that game a few times with cheats(still never beat it)... maybe I'll try without this time.

Wrecking crew is one I've only played maybe once or twice when I was a kid. Not being able to jump is taking some getting used to.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Stumpokapow said:

Just Power off your 3DS for about 10 minutes or less, and when your battery is at least blue (you can know if you unplug the charger cable), you can keep plug the charger and you are able to download them. The thing is just to prevent that when you download something, didn't power off itself and corrupt data.

Gino

AbsoluteZero said:
I'm not crazy about the 50 or so empty spaces it added to my home menu though.
Why does that bother you? it gave you more space to download stuff. It's not like your forced to go through a bunch of blank spots to get to your game, they just sit on the screens to the right.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm actually surprised that they released the games at the same time. If only we got the rest of the "gift".

I wouldn't have put it past Nintendo to release the ambassador games over the course of the 3DS' life cycle.

So why aren't we getting SNES games?

Gino

Baiano19 said:
Barely :(

I did played Mario 2 and 3 though... (I mean of the NES games, after that I think I played all of them)
Dude... Play some fucking Zelda man!

Don't feel bad if you need to take a look at a map on Gamefaqs.

Top Bottom