• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Home Menu - How's Your's Organized?

JoeInky

31072012120.jpg

1 - Game Boy (28 games)
2 - Game Boy Colour (6 games)
3 - Game Boy Advance (10 games)
4 - NES (11 games)
5 - Game Gear (3 games)
M - Miscellaneous (8 apps)
e - e-shop (11 games)
D - DSi ware (4 games)
d - demos (1 demo)

Thank god for folders because my home screen would be a nightmare otherwise.

Roto13

BThRul.jpg

I got tired of guessing what each letter stood for so I switched to using acronyms. First folder contains the game files, the following are just dummy folders.

3DS - 3DS eShop games and soon downloadable retail games.
DSi - DSiWare games.
GBC - All my downloaded Gameboy games.
GBA - My ambassador Gameboy Advance games.
APPS - Things like Netflix and Swapnote.
DEMO - Demos.
NES - My ambassador Nintendo games.
N3C - Nintendo 3D Classics
SYS - Things like 3DS Camera and Activity Log.

You stole my layout. :p

F2cQn.jpg

BThRul.jpg

I got tired of guessing what each letter stood for so I switched to using acronyms. First folder contains the game files, the following are just dummy folders.

3DS - 3DS eShop games and soon downloadable retail games.
DSi - DSiWare games.
GBC - All my downloaded Gameboy games.
GBA - My ambassador Gameboy Advance games.
APPS - Things like Netflix and Swapnote.
DEMO - Demos.
NES - My ambassador Nintendo games.
N3C - Nintendo 3D Classics
SYS - Things like 3DS Camera and Activity Log.

I have a similar setup but not zoomed as far in and with the folders going down. I may switch to this on the XL.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I found folders far too ugly. I just have my icons arranged by system now, but no folders at all. Given that I'm an Ambassador, have bought every 3D Classic and most Game Boy releases, my screen is quite full.

Roto13

I found folders far too ugly. I just have my icons arranged by system now, but no folders at all. Given that I'm an Ambassador, have bought every 3D Classic and most Game Boy releases, my screen is quite full.

I kind of miss having everything out on display, but I insisted on grouping things together and arranging them alphabetically which meant a ton of dragging and dropping every time I bought anything new, which was often.

A - ambassador
V - virtual console
3 - 3dsware
C - 3d classics
<-> - built in software (stuff like AR games, etc)
Z - zelda (has everything Zelda available from the eshop, including the ambassador games)
i - DSiWare
D - demos
(musical note) - media (stuff like video downloads, nintendo video, etc)

then loose on the home menu I have the game card icon (of course), eshop, Colors 3D, Petit Computer, Swapnote, and then in the very last slot of the home screen, I have settings.

Ambassador will eventually be split into NES and GBA, depending on if there is ever any additional NES games I buy on the eshop.

Javier

OCM9ul.jpg

Black Star: 3DSWare
3: 3D Classics
A: Apps
Circle: GBA
Square: NES
Diamond: GB/GBC
Triangle: DSiWare
White Star: Trailers
1/4: Demos

Einhander

I keep all demos in a folder labeled Demos and all applications in a folder named Applications. Everything else stays out on the main menu.

Diortem7

I only use two folders: one for demos (D) and one for videos (V). I prefer to have everything else out on the main menu. There are so many slots on the main menu that it feels like a waist not to use them.

Jeeves

Aside from a demo folder, my stuff's all loose. In fact I carefully arrange my games to be in as random of an order as possible except that I put a few of my favorites on the left end. And then I have one blank column separating my games from my applications. And then health & safety allllllllll the way to the right. This is with three rows.

I don't want to open up my 3DS to see a bunch of folders, I want the system to represent a jamboree of fun in my pocket, and that starts with having a bunch of games of all kinds in my face right from the get-go.

Putting different systems in different folders also seems kind of strange to me just because it's not like you're going to open your 3DS and think "Okay! Today I'm only in the mood to play games that originally released on Game Boy!" or whatever, you know?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Alphabetical by game title. Regardless of original platform, or whatever.

Considering I plan on buying even retail games digitally when possible, that seems to be the best option.

NeoRausch

I only use two folders: one for demos (D) and one for videos (V). I prefer to have everything else out on the main menu. There are so many slots on the main menu that it feels like a waist not to use them.

And when you fill them up, 60 new slots appear! :) you can not fill them up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've now switched to four rows. 3DS/ambassador/NES&GB/apps

On each row there is a folder in the right hand slot with less used games/apps, and the other slots are available for whatever I'm playing at the moment. So eg I just finished VVVV so that goes in the 3DS folder and I can put something in its place

Nosgoroth

Alpha -> 3DS native stuff (Pushmo, VVVVVV, 3D Classics)
Beta -> DSiWare
Delta -> (D)emos
Pi -> (P)ortables
Phi -> (F)amicom (NES)
Psi -> GBA. I coudn't think of anything better.

Musical note -> Audio/video. Videos, music player, NVideo.
The other one -> System apps. Mii Plaza, Swapnote, Ambassador cert, default stuff.

tsab

Alpha -> 3DS native stuff (Pushmo, VVVVVV, 3D Classics)
Beta -> DSiWare
Delta -> (D)emos
Pi -> (P)ortables
Phi -> (F)amicom (NES)
Psi -> GBA. I coudn't think of anything better.

Musical note -> Audio/video. Videos, music player, NVideo.
The other one -> System apps. Mii Plaza, Swapnote, Ambassador cert, default stuff.

Sorry don't take it the wrong way. That's a Theta (&#920;,&#952;), Fi is like this &#934;,&#966;.

inb4 is all greek to me :p

Top Bottom