• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

400k pre-orders for MHP 2nd (yeah it's a psp game lol)

bud

Über 400.000 Vorbestellungen für Monster Hunter Portable 2nd

15.01.07 - Capcoms Action RPG Monster Hunter Portable 2nd hat mehr als 400.000 Vorbestellungen in Japan erhalten. Das geht aus Großhandelsangaben hervor.

Es ist die größte Vorbestellmenge, die jemals ein PSP-Spiel in Japan erhalten hat. Release: 22.02.07

-400k pre-orders
-most ever for a psp game in jpn

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
wow. i knew it was popular in japan, but i didnt see that coming.

Matix

And this shit isn't even online (yet), I guess MHP-3rd is confirmed regardless!! Now, why can't other worthy Capcom PSP titles (RockMan-Remakes + UG&G especially) receive some of this luv from the Japanese audience.

Well, its shops preorders...seeing the first one numbers and the budget re-release crawling in the charts makes it easy to guess that shops will have a good amount for the release date.

We'll have to see how it manages...I guess it will do the usual pattern, very front loaded and end up selling less than the original. Hopefully for it can reach 500k, its the key software title for PSP in Q1, and we don't even know any key title for the rest of the year...

ethelred

Those aren't pre-orders. Those are the orders that retailers place for games. This means there'll be 400k copies of the game stocked on store shelves.

Matix

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Well, its shops preorders...seeing the first one numbers and the budget re-release crawling in the charts makes it easy to guess that shops will have a good amount for the release date.

We'll have to see how it manages...I guess it will do the usual pattern, very front loaded and end up selling less than the original. Hopefully for it can reach 500k, its the key software title for PSP in Q1, and we don't even know any key title for the rest of the year...

Well you have Crisis Core: FF7 releasing in Q2-Q3 probably, but who needs that, when ya have this beauty..

mhp01.jpg

ethelred said:
Those aren't pre-orders. Those are the orders that retailers place for games. This means there'll be 400k copies of the game stocked on store shelves.
Hey ethelred I just remembered that we predicted tales figures when there were 5 entries to be released...and I just looked at them, wow, we are really bad :lol
ToD2 still to be released but still :lol

ethelred

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Hey ethelred I just remembered that we predicted tales figures when there were 5 entries to be released...and I just looked at them, wow, we are really bad :lol
ToD2 still to be released but still :lol

Well, in our defense, we didn't know about the Dimpsification of Tempest and just how bad a game they'd make! Destiny... yeah, that one definitely didn't sell as much as I had thought/hoped it would. Oh well.

ethelred said:
Well, in our defense, we didn't know about the Dimpsification of Tempest and just how bad a game they'd make! Destiny... yeah, that one definitely didn't sell as much as I had thought/hoped it would. Oh well.

There were definitely suprises.

ToP:FVE actually selling well, TotT being an outsourced piece of shit with no real marketing drive and ToD getting delayed because of bugs; ToW actually getting a theme song (first for a spin-off, I imagine) and a more significant marketing campaign than past ToW games...yeah, that'd throw anyone off. :p

How much did ToD sell total? I hope it crossed 300K, but I remember specifically pointing out that it wouldn't make the usual 500k for the main games.

I think ToDr crossed 350k but not much more...it had a really good launch week and the sold through was impressive, but it didn't have any legs. ToT otoh had an awful start and being overshipped + discounts made it sell twice the start in the end.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113878

From my predictions here...and the latest numbers I read (mostly sporadic data on top100 that usually get posted in 2ch).

25K Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition (PSP) ----> +110k
250K Tales of the Tempest (NDS) -------------------> +160k
75K Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP) --> +150k (still selling)
300K Tales of Destiny (PS2) -------------------------> +350k
100K Tales of Destiny 2 (PSP) -----------------------> February 15th

Anyway, I suppose Namco-Bandai will give us MANY chances to predict again :lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Steroyd said:
:O

Are you sure you translated that right? :lol

Yep.

Over 400.000 vorbestellungen for monster Hunter portable one 2nd 15.01.07 - Capcoms Action RPG monster Hunter portable one 2nd received more than 400,000 vorbestellungen in Japan. That comes out from wholesale data. It is the largest booking in advance quantity, which ever received a PSP play in Japan. Release: 22.02.07

Top Bottom