• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4K TV's For Around $1000?

The 2016 OLEDs are rated at 100,000 hours: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1465304750

Like any other TV the other electronics will probably fail before the panel itself goes out.

I read that but that report sounds like the next models will have that, and people are questioning how they measured it. Usually, companies say thing that puts them in the best light, not the worst. So if they're basing it off red, it'll have a longer lifespan than blue. The true lifespan, is the half life of the worst color. Personally, I'm a bit skeptical that they went from dramatically worse to dramatically better than LCD and only one source is reporting it.

I bought a 2015 vizio m80 a few months ago for $2600. The wife wanted at least a 70" in our living room and I really wanted a vizio set. But at the time, vizio didn't have the M series out yet or at least in 70"+. It's my first 4k set and I missed out on HDR =(. But I still have a 60" in my loft that I'll be replacing eventually so that replacement will likely be a 65-70" M series. Reading all this makes me sad that our main TV doesn't have hdr capabilities. And I planned on having the ps neo down there for the 4k Br player

Ouch.

Im finally gonna go buy the samsung ks8000 tv with a sound bar. I Didnt know bestbuy had 24 month no interest so ill pay it off in a few months!

Yea this is what I was going to do for the KS8000 next month since best buy will have a labor day Sale. Hopefully Amazon has a crazy deal on the KS8000 too and I can price match.

Alright, well, I realized if I was patient and waited for another paycheck, I could actually afford a Vizio 55" M Series (Walmart.com has it for $798), instead of rushing and getting a D-Series that has 4K but no HDR (for $648 in store).

Dat tablet controller thing.

M-Series does have HDR, right? EDIT: It does, guess I should have read the prior page.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm about to buy a 65'' Samsung KU6300 for 1270€ / $1426.
New, in promotion. I know it has judder and lacks full HDR color range, but for that price...
Knowing I would put more anyway...

Help me GAF.

Gitaroo

I just recently bought a 2016 philips 6000 series, menu is super simple and support hdr and built in google cast. Watched mad max uhd-bd hdr on it and it works. Input lag is not too high, definitely lower than my previous LG 5600. Have my pc hooked up to it and support 4k 4:4:4 8 bit or 4:2:2 10-12 bit. Cost me 1000 CAD, so probably cheaper in the US. Also has 4xhdmi 2.0a ports with full 4k60p+hdr support.

Top Bottom