• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 meter hemi cable for 120hz 4k

Jayjayhd34

Why is there so few hdmi cables of this length that has full 2.1 bandwidth ? I found one on scan but don’t know if it’s legit or not. I’m trying to tidy up my setup so it will really help.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
2.1 Cables after a certain length need active circuitry (glasfiber / conversion) etc. So there is a massive price jump with these cables. Dont know if the cutoff is 5m, but there is one.

Found these, they are really good cables and available in all kind of lengths. The 7m cable cost 150 Euro, so this seems to be the cut off point where the cable needs to have additional stuff(?).

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I bought a 30ft FIBBR brand cable from Amazon, it's nice and thin and has worked great on series X and ps5 at 120hz. Inexpensive.

Last edited:

FingerBang

Yep, being using a 7m one and it works fine, nothing special about it (except being 2.1 certified).

Wish there was a wireless solution that didn't force me to have a huge cable around, but nothing for 4K/120hz afaik.

Ulysses 31

Why is there so few hdmi cables of this length that has full 2.1 bandwidth ? I found one on scan but don’t know if it’s legit or not. I’m trying to tidy up my setup so it will really help.
Because it requires a certain type of cable to be able to send signals that far without too much degradation.

Look into glass fiber cables, those can get very long without losing quality.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
797fxt.jpg

Bojji

I bought one for like ~12$ (5m), works very well connecting my ampere GPU to LG OLED with 120Hz-4K-RGB-10bit signal.

So yeah, super expensive cable at this length is not needed.

Mercador

Man I just wish I had a constant 4K@60hz

Those cables are expensive to say the least. The maximum seems to be 15 meters.

daveonezero

Banned
Because it is a limited consumer base and near the limits of the standard. Not many people need to cable it that far. I’d try Graybar or mono price. You gonna spend money and yes jt will be more expensive.

Resistance and power are limits in everything.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Endokin

Neo Member
I can't wait for the company I work for to finally grab the cable tester I've been telling them to get for years now. Defiantly plan on curating some type of list of what cables pass and meet the product claims.

Reallink

Is monoprice no longer the Goto website for high quality cables?
Asking honestly because it's been a long time since I've had to order cables.

He's posting in meters, so safe to assume he's smelly european and not majestic eagle. Think Monoprice is primarily a freedom e-tailer.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It would be a cheaper solution your tv and the peripheral in the same room.

Jayjayhd34

It would be a cheaper solution your tv and the peripheral in the same room.
I will doing I finally buying tv stand for my lg cx after years of having it on floor I need my pc on the right off the tv, hdmi ports are all on left. The pc will still be on floor as don’t think fit on tv stand. So I think that’ll. be about 10 feet could be overestimating it but I just want be safe side.

Top Bottom