• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

60/20GB PS3 owners, is your GTAIV freezing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Marty Chinn said:
Where did you read that Rockstar knows about it? I wanna follow that discussion.

Just got off the phone with tech support the rockstar tech guy said that they are looking at the image that was sent out for the ps3 disc and they'll post onto the official rockstar forums when a fix comes up, which he said would hopefully be soon. So unless someone else has a fix we just gotta wait it out

SO hopefully very soon.

Argyle

Post more data, maybe it's something to do with our system settings...

Launch day 60GB upgraded to 250GB
A/V connected via HDMI
Audio appears to have autoselected 7.1 LPCM to a Denon receiver
Video is switched through the receiver into a Panasonic projector
DualShock3 via Bluetooth
Using wired ethernet, router appears as NAT 2
FW 2.30

Guess I can try it on a different box tomorrow to see if it is the disc or not...this really blows :(

Azrael

Marty Chinn said:
Where did you read that Rockstar knows about it? I wanna follow that discussion.

I didn't read anything. I was just speculating. Publishers ship out high-profile games that are bug ridden all the time. A lower profile title wouldn't get past QA with the issues GTA 4 is having, but games like Madden and GTA always come out with issues.

clav

That would seem strange if the problem were isolated as a fuck up on the disk and correctable as a patch.

Azrael said:
I didn't ready anything. I was just speculating. Publishers ship out high-profile games that are bug ridden all the time. A lower profile title wouldn't get past QA with the issues GTA 4 is having, but games like Madden and GTA always come out with issues.

I would think/hope that if they were aware of such a bug when it shipped, that they would have worked out a patch already assuming they know what's causing it. If they don't, that doesn't bode well for those of us screwed right now. I honestly think that they didn't know about it till now when people started complaining and who knows if anyone has checked their email yet.

My 60gb was acting weird during the install. It started going and I left the room. I came back 5 minutes later and the bar hadn't moved. The pictures were changing and I heard the music, but the HD light wasn't blinking. I gave it another 5 minutes and reset. The second time it installed it zipped right through it. I just played for about an hour with no problems.

Brashnir

HaloFans said:
That would seem strange if the problem were isolated as a fuck up on the disk and correctable as a patch.

well, if the problem was isolated to a small area of the disk, the patch could be to put that data on the hard drive and run it from there - especially since the problem seems to be happening in a cutscene.

If it's a bigger problem with the overall disc pressing, a patch isn't going to cut it.

Yoboman

The fact that problems like this are occurring with a casual game like GTA is just no good. A patch is not good enough if this is widespread

Yoboman said:
The fact that problems like this are occurring with a casual game like GTA is just no good. A patch is not good enough if this is widespread

A patch is't going to help the casuals who aren't online, does swapping the disc help or is a console issue?

Purchased the 360 version and went next door to hollywood and rented the PS3 version knowing I could swap the 360 for the PS3 if I decided I liked the PS3 one better....

well my 60gig sure as shit doesnt like it, after the install I had 1 freeze 30 seconds into the intro so I tried again...another freeze in the intro. I geeked around the forums tried different suggestion to no avail and stopped trying to play it after a grand total of 5 freezes during the opening scene.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Man I have a 20 gb launch unit and I upgraded it to 160 GB.My game hasn't come yet and now I'm not sure if I should open it or wait for a response from Rockstar :\

Anyone with a 20 gb launch unit not having issues?

edit- just read diddlyD's post,well that quickly answered my question

jaydogg691

I've been playing for a good 2 hours on my launch 60GB and I have not seen any problems. I have the Collector Edition BTW (and it's sweet!).

If its a batch of discs shouldn't all the people effected be in one geographical area or perhaps ordered from a particular retailer?

commissar

I did not need to hear this with my import copies still days away.
Gonna be stressing all week :(

At least it doesn't seem too widespread....

mr_bishiuk said:
If its a batch of discs shouldn't all the people effected be in one geographical area or perhaps ordered from a particular retailer?
DCharlie said:
"roll the dice" goes multiplatform :/

This problem is affecting 360's as well, not just PS3's. Something is screwed up, but it's not the systems since other formats and games seem to be working.

LaneDS

60GB, worked fine except for one instance where I tried joining an online game and it froze at the "Starting Game" loading screen. Was able to quit game using the PS button, and it worked fine a few minutes later. Guessing it was an online quirk and not a problem with my system or disc.

Tr4nce

I have a 60GB PS3 and it hasn't frozen up on me, but I do have some problems with my controller, or so it seems. Like when I go to the pause menu, and enter the map menu, I can't zoom in or out often times. Very weird, like the game or my PS3 is not receiving the signal. Anyone else have this? My controller is fairly new so I don't understand what could be the problem!

Brofist

CoG said:
You linked to a thread with 22 replies but only one person having the problem.

I saw 4 different people claiming to have the problem within the first 10 posts, dunno where you are looking.

I better not have the same problem. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom