• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

60FPS Black Ops 3 footage from gamescom.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This already looks much better than AW. I'm glad Sledgehammer tried something new, but it didn't feel like Call Of Duty, at all. My guess is that this will be the best COD in years, Treyarch have turned into the premiere COD developer since the original Infinity Ward was disbanded :)

tumblr_n3btn4J6RW1r0jlbgo1_250.gif

Got to play this at Gamescom on Thursday, it feels nothing like AW. It has more titanfall movement than anything, but it's an evolution on BO2 if anything. Feels great to play. ARs are a bit strong atm but the M8A7 feels great to use. 3 laned maps are back too which is great. If you liked BO2 MP, you will love this.

joecanada

Wtf? Did people hate advanced warfare seriously? Best COD game in years.

If by years you mean like 5 then yes it was... Utterly disappointing.

All I want to hear about is servers. Cod is now the worst MP game for lag. It's not remotely competitive or even fun most of the time. Tried to play first month, month ago, week ago. nope.

Nimby

Banned
First gameplay of new CoD

>Man this looks so much better than the last one!

Game Releases

>OMG best game EVAR

Three months after release

>This games sucks

repeat

It does look better than AW by far. No crazy exo movements and the wall running doesn't seem to be very prominent.

I was just going to pick this up for zombies, but damn, the multiplayer looks good.

Guess it's too much to ask for dedicated servers on PC though.

Looks like Black Ops 2 with touched up mechanics from AW. I'm fine with this. It's a good combo.

It's too bad for the COD community how their community are so fractured. It's sorta the same with Battlefield.

Not really. With Battlefield it's the ye olden "if you don't own the expansions you're probably gonna get left behind" sort of situation. Except in this case you're also more likely to run into hackers if you just play on vanilla servers because of Origin Game Time. To be fair, the Battlefield 4 expansions are all really great. Not a lot of people play Battlefield 3 anymore, and if you ever feel like playing Bad Company 2 for whatever reason you'll always be able to find a game anyway.

With COD it's spread out across like 4 different games of a yearly installment franchise.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
How much more future can we be?

Space ships and aliens next BO Game? If so can I have Kirk/Spock vs. zombie aliens in zombie mode?

I feel like at least one of the Call of Duty series is going to go interplanetary sooner or later.

Yup this looks like a way more grounded CoD.
And thank god there is a Bumper Jumper control setting this time around.
No more advantage for the Scuf kids.

It looks way more slow paced which is good for me. Will try out the beta.

This looks nice, I was worried that the new movement would make this more like Advanced Warfare but it looks like that won't be the case at all.

Can't wait for the beta, from what I've seen looks like it plays like Blops2 with Titan (destiny) movement. Digging it! All those yummy reloads on all those great looking weapons.

sikkinixx

E3 stuff had me really doubting but this looks like typical fun COD MP. A lot less bouncing around too which is nice. This will get me a good 30ish hours of MP plus the campaign. Worth the $50 I've got it preordered for.

This just looks like a standard Call of Duty to me. I don't see why I should get excited for this. Advanced Warfare energized new life into this series, and I want more of that. The people that dislike that game must hate fun. Exo suits were the coolest thing added to this series since the release of CoD4.

This just looks like a standard Call of Duty to me. I don't see why I should get excited for this. Advanced Warfare energized new life into this series, and I want more of that. The people that dislike that game must hate fun. Exo suits were the coolest thing added to this series since the release of CoD4.

Nah, i felt like they didn't add very much to it. The maps were a little more vertical but I am glad to see something with it a little more reigned in.

I feel like having verticality in FPS games usually is frustrating because there's usually enough angles to cover on the ground without having to worry about someone above or below you as well.

Less is more. That's my opinion when it comes to CoD anyway.

I'll try the beta, but CoD just doesn't excite me anymore so I doubt I'll be picking this up. It's a shame because I was a big fan of some of the earlier games especially 2/4/WaW.

It has dedicated servers. Blops 2 had dedicated servers.
A Polygon article says "100% Ranked Dedicated Servers".

Is that just poor wording?

Also, I never ended up buying Black Ops 2 on PC, because there was a free weekend for it, and during the time I played, the game was laggy as fuck and impossible to play.

MiguelItUp

Looks like some good mindless fun IMO. Not to mention I've personally felt like Treyarch was making the best CODs for awhile now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A Polygon article says "100% Ranked Dedicated Servers".

Is that just poor wording?

Also, I never ended up buying Black Ops 2 on PC, because there was a free weekend for it, and during the time I played, the game was laggy as fuck and impossible to play.

I'm not really sure what you're confused about here. Ranked dedicated servers are dedicated servers.

Are you asking about custom servers and a server browser? I don't think they said anything about that.

And Blops 2 multiplayer on PC is fine unless you're playing against people on the other side of the world, or something.

I'm not really sure what you're confused about here. Ranked dedicated servers are dedicated servers.

Are you asking about custom servers and a server browser? I don't think they said anything about that.
Asking about unranked servers. Unless it's really been that long since I've played Advanced Warfare, and the servers I've been playing on have actually been ranked or something.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Is..

Is the person playing in the video playing as a robot? Everytime he reloads, etc. he has robot hands.

Is the voice tied to the character?

Enilced2

I still think they need a new engine, its still looking pretty rough compared to other current gen titles.

Is this back to a basic loadout style system? I hate the pick 12 or 15 whatever system they've been using on the last couple

Top Bottom