• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

73GB Halo MCC Update disappeared after reaching 99%

xviper

What the fucking fuck ?? it took my a day to download the 73GB update for Halo MCC and when it got to 99%, i went to see my games library for a bit and when i came back to the Queues the update is gone and it appeared above as Recently installed, so i finally launch the game and it says you have to download the 73GB update again.

I was really looking forward to play Halo MCC again, haven't played it since 2015, i downloaded 73GB and it got deleted when it reached 99%, i don't know how to react, should i sell this garbage system or break it ?

Edit: i launched the game and it worked, played a few matches, but the update is still there in queues, is this a new glitch with the system or something ? i'm just glad i don't have to download this insane update again.

Last edited:
That game is only available on console, yea? Gives me flashbacks to my experiences with the Windows store. (Never again, MS. Never again.)

Orta

Banned
Forza Horizon 4 was my first and last experience of the Windows Store. 63gb, same problem as the OP but it didn't save/install to my PC. Took something like five or six attempts and over 300gb of downloading until it finally did.

And after all that I thought the game was shit!

Last edited:

Larxia

Why on earth did the download take so long
Not everyone has fiber you know... It's really frustrating when people pretend to ignore not every have the same internet speed as them.
I have a 8 Mbps internet speed, so 1 MB/s downloads, an hour of download is 4GB for me. You can imagine how long it would take for something like OP update.
And no, I can't change it, it depends where you live, not everyone has access to high speed internet sadly. You people don't realize how lucky you are with these internet speeds :messenger_confused:

Imtjnotu

Not everyone has fiber you know... It's really frustrating when people pretend to ignore not every have the same internet speed as them.
I have a 8 Mbps internet speed, so 1 MB/s downloads, an hour of download is 4GB for me. You can imagine how long it would take for something like OP update.
And no, I can't change it, it depends where you live, not everyone has access to high speed internet sadly. You people don't realize how lucky you are with these internet speeds :messenger_confused:
I wish I had fiber tho. I do have 170mbps for only 55 bucks a month

Larxia

I wish I had fiber tho. I do have 170mbps for only 55 bucks a month
Isn't 170 Mbps fiber though? That's really high.
And it's not a price problem, depending where you live, you can't have high internet speed at all, no matter the price you're ready to put.

Imtjnotu

Isn't 170 Mbps fiber though? That's really high.
And it's not a price problem, depending where you live, you can't have high internet speed at all, no matter the price you're ready to put.
It's still considered cable. I don't think it's fiber. All the fiber providers here (Cox, att, spectrum) all have 1gbps speeds that run off fiber

Imtjnotu

Maybe the OP can update us on his location and service provider? Router and modem models? Wifi? 2.4 or 5ghz?

Larxia

Maybe the OP can update us on his location and service provider? Router and modem models? Wifi? 2.4 or 5ghz?
It's not really necessary, this isn't the point of this thread and the issue wasn't related to OP internet speed, but just an issue with xbox download management.

It's still considered cable. I don't think it's fiber. All the fiber providers here (Cox, att, spectrum) all have 1gbps speeds that run off fiber
Your cable internet connection is considered fiber "until the last mile" by the telecommunications industry. Basically, it is fiber up to the node and cable from the node to your residence. Often there is no need to run fiber to your residence directly, as the technology cable companies use to deliver digital data has greatly improved. Using the most sophisticated encoding methods (three-dimensional constellations across amplitude, phase, and frequency), cable companies can deliver over 10Gbps with the existing copper wire. Note this is shared between you and your neighbors, but still it is a lot of bandwidth even if it is being split.

Top Bottom