• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 2/24/2012: BLOCK DROPPIN’ BEATS

shira

Nice episode, I wish it was Lumines: Daft Punk, that would have been a AAAA killer app at launch if they were essentially making a new album as the game. Love hearing insider news like that.

I must say I agree 1000%, and will re-double efforts to let/get Hiroko be more involved. Thanks for the feedback everyone, as always.
A wonderful amount of Hiroko. Thanks!

I'm a big 8-4 fan and this was a good episode.. but I'm a bit sick of ye taking any chance to take a dig at Europe and Europeans. I realise it's in jest, but we're still kind of treated as whipping boys.

Regarding the JJ Love Plus kickstarter, my intent was not to fuel Peppy Epperson's college fund.
If mad yen gets donated it would have to enrich the project, DoubleFine Adventure-style, with JJ getting the sad automated email bursts, traveling to locales to take lonely AR pics, sharing a parfait alone across from his 3DS at a cafe etc.

Also, shuffle block is great and haters clearly don't understand the fundamentals of dropping block puzzle games.

where is windjammers 2

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
where is windjammers 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYeiREQ2rQ

Regarding the JJ Love Plus kickstarter, my intent was not to fuel Peppy Epperson's college fund.
If mad yen gets donated it would have to enrich the project, DoubleFine Adventure-style, with JJ getting the sad automated email bursts, traveling to locales to take lonely AR pics, sharing a parfait alone across from his 3DS at a cafe etc.

Also, shuffle block is great and haters clearly don't understand the fundamentals of dropping block puzzle games.

I like being married, so I politely decline this kickstarter.

Oxx

I'll contribute to a kickstarter to replace sprsk with German footballer Phillip Lahm and see if his wife and colleagues notice.

StuBurns

Banned
Hey guys, was there an episode they talked about Tales of Xillia? I feel like there was, but I can't remember, and none of the episode descriptions include it.

Negator

There was an episode, but I can't remember which one it was. I'd like to go back and listen to it now that I've tried it for myself.

Edit: Actually, I may have gotten my podcasts mixed up. I don't remember them talking about Xillia really.

LiK

Hey guys, was there an episode they talked about Tales of Xillia? I feel like there was, but I can't remember, and none of the episode descriptions include it.

I can only think of them talking about it's sales. Don't remember.

Finished this up today. Great interview. I'd like to hear the part 2 that Mark alluded to (wanting to happen) near the end of the interview. Convinced me to purchase Lumines--and hopefully DLC will be coming soon.

StuBurns

Banned
Sure, it'll come at some point probably. I wasn't requesting it, just wondering because I remembered it coming up, but I think it was just about the special PS3 it was released with.

Gomu Gomu

So Mark is going to GDC? Why not hit the Giant Bomb guys for a quick podcasting session?
Oooooh just imagine a Bombcast x 8-4Play x Idle thumbs GDC cast :eek:.

Huff

Banned
JJ mentioned liking the Last Story, but has anyone else played it?

Specifically John, considering he wants the Gouch to come back to FF.

coopolon

For those who couldn't stand Mielke on past podcasts because he came off badly, I didn't really get any of that at all in this episode. He was interesting to listen to, and this episode of 8-4 was great just like all the ones before it. If you originally weren't going to listen just because of Mielke, go ahead and give it a try anyway. You can always just stop it and delete it.

Thanks for saying this. I just got around to this in my queue and when I saw Mielke was on it I immediately skipped to the next one. I'll give it a try now.

Oxx

I seem to recall at least half of the 8-4 regulars being deep into Phantasy Star Online. They're probably fairly happy right now.

Mark is at GDC, so he wont be there to celebrate this. And I guess John could be somewhat excited about this, but it's really nothing to hold a webcast over. Or whatever the hell that was.

Top Bottom