• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 7/21/2017: SPLAT CRACKLE POP

cZEpcKm.png

8-4 Play 7/21/2017: SPLAT CRACKLE POP
Splatoon 2, Destiny 2, Castlevania, Hollow Knight, Pulstar, Polybius, Nintendo Switch Online, Evo2k17, and more!

Running Time: 1:45:53
・ Direct Download (60.6MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
7:45 – Castlevania
19:30 – Splatoon 2
33:20 – Destiny 2
47:48 – Hollow Knight
51:23 – Pulstar
58:28 – Polybius
1:05:10 – Japan lines up for switch
1:08:06 – Mario 64 Maker, New 3DS production stopped, New 2DS
1:17:20 – Kingdom Hearts III, PUBG first person servers, wireless Rift
1:30:15 – Nintendo Switch Online app
1:36:02 – Evo2k17
1:38:50 – Closing Comments

Screaming over JJ watching RuPaul's Drag Race!!!! Come talk about the show in the official thread in OT, you can be our token straight friend.

Were you guys talking about TN and IPS screens, or there is even better 3DS screen? Thankfully I have an IPS screen (because lower is always TN, isn't it?). On contrary, my friend's N3DS is TN, and It is simply a sad, poor screen.

Chorazin

I need a link to that rediculously awesome Splatoon song at the very end. Was driving to work today with the windows down, when that started I had to crank that shit up!!

urfe

Just caught up on some podcasts I hadn't listened to yet, and got to the E3 Undertale talk.

Do you guys have Japanese staff who look over Japanese translations (Hiroko?), or are you guys participating in the quality control? What sort of role do the non-Japanese staff play? I know it can be really hard to translate something out of your native language, and was curious.

Mupod

mostly caught up. Apparently I have never played Pulstar even though Blazing Star (its sequel) is one of my favorite shmups of all time. I should probably pick it up.

They really don't make games like that anymore, but I don't think it's because the genre died out. It's still around but it just got more niche, as in bullet hells took over. The R-Types, Gradiuses, and Thunder Forces are what faded away.

mostly caught up. Apparently I have never played Pulstar even though Blazing Star (its sequel) is one of my favorite shmups of all time. I should probably pick it up.

They really don't make games like that anymore, but I don't think it's because the genre died out. It's still around but it just got more niche, as in bullet hells took over. The R-Types, Gradiuses, and Thunder Forces are what faded away.

Irem, Konami, and Technosoft might be out of the game but there are still homage-style games out there from smaller devs like Dux I guess.

Schrade

It really bothers me that they can't pronounce one of their coworkers names. He has repeatedly stated his name is "gray-um" so I have no idea how the "ham" got in there. I'd call them out on it every time if I were him to be honest.

They do it as a joke. Calm down.

The patreon talk/joke and the sarah tease for the end of the podcast got me hoping that they were finally able to make a video podcast happen. Oh well.

Top Bottom