• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$800K Wells Fargo penalty OK’d in Schilling video game deal (38 Studios)

https://everythinggp.com/2019/03/22/800k-wells-fargo-penalty-okd-in-schilling-video-game-deal/
A federal judge has approved an agreement for Wells Fargo Securities to pay an $800,000 civil penalty to end a lawsuit by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over Rhode Island’s failed $75 million deal with former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling’s video game company, 38 Studios.

Wells Fargo doesn’t admit or deny wrongdoing in the judgment entered Wednesday.

A lawyer for a Wells Fargo employee who is the final defendant in the case says he plans to ask that the claims against him be dismissed.

The SEC accused Wells Fargo and the economic development agency of making misleading statements.

The case represents the final legal battle over 38 Studios . The state’s economic development agency used bond funding to lure the company from Massachusetts to Rhode Island, where it went bankrupt.

So you may have forgotten about Schilling and his 38 Studios game studio. They were the ones involved in bankruptcy and financial investigations.

You may remember them for the insane hype of their only game called "Kingdoms of Amalar: The reckoning" which was apparently just a flashy gow clone.

Looks like this will finally close the book on the studio and another loss for Wells Fargo (they've been having a bad year)

wipeout364

You may remember them for the insane hype of their only game called "Kingdoms of Amalar: The reckoning" which was apparently just a flashy gow clone.
I Don’t really remember it playing like GOW at all. I think it was more like a third person elder scrolls but I might be misremembering. It was a pretty descent game actually with pretty good world building. Wasn’t Salvatore (of D & D fame) involved in the world building. I was disappointed we never got a sequel.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I Don’t really remember it playing like GOW at all. I think it was more like a third person elder scrolls but I might be misremembering. It was a pretty descent game actually with pretty good world building. Wasn’t Salvatore (of D & D fame) involved in the world building. I was disappointed we never got a sequel.

It changed a lot in development, it was originally supposed to be an MMO and then I think it just came out to be an ARPG, or am I misremembering.

MMO would have been a whole different game, Schilling had some massive plans for the KoA universe. I quite liked the game they put out, it's a shame so much crazy shit came with it.

Ar¢tos

It changed a lot in development, it was originally supposed to be an MMO and then I think it just came out to be an ARPG, or am I misremembering.
It was 2 games set in the same world. Amalur was the ARPG and the other one was the MMO (project copernicus). The MMO was nearly finished when the company went down.

It was 2 games set in the same world. Amalur was the ARPG and the other one was the MMO (project copernicus). The MMO was nearly finished when the company went down.
I
Based in the AAA level production I'm surprised none if the publishers even considered picking it up I think that's what Shilling was trying to do to save the company as well.

Top Bottom