• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90 Day Fiance is the greatest reality show of all time

Grinchy

Banned
It's going to be nice to get back to the main show again. The spinoffs are getting too scripted.

That's not to say the main show is 100% real, but at least they have to have gotten a K-1 already, so their storyline can't be completely made up like the pretend lesbian couple.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's going to be nice to get back to the main show again. The spinoffs are getting too scripted.

That's not to say the main show is 100% real, but at least they have to have gotten a K-1 already, so their storyline can't be completely made up like the pretend lesbian couple.
Well unless the storyline between Mike and Natalie goes the way the trailer suggests, and she's here illegally lol

Grinchy

Banned
The Sumit/Jenny stuff might be the only real thing going on in this entire season. The Deavan/Jihoon stuff is probably 2nd place in the not-totally-made-up race, but it's still boring to watch. The rest of it is instagram wannabes desperate for 15 minutes of fame.

TriSuit666

Banned

Dude, The Family Chantel stuff is just too wild to be be scripted. That Royal character is a 110% stone cold weirdo.

Grinchy

Banned
Dude, The Family Chantel stuff is just too wild to be be scripted. That Royal character is a 110% stone cold weirdo.
lol I've never watched any of it. I watched all their episodes before they got their own spinoff, though. Pedro flipping the dining room table with all the food on it to go after River Jayden Smith was good stuff. It also creeped me out how River and the Chantel both called their parents "mommy and daddy" into their mid-20s and only stopped because people saw the show and made fun of them online.

The fact that he came here on a real Visa and got married to her already makes them a way more legitimate couple than anything that happens in Before the 90 or The Other Way.

TriSuit666

Banned
lol I've never watched any of it. I watched all their episodes before they got their own spinoff, though. Pedro flipping the dining room table with all the food on it to go after River Jayden Smith was good stuff. It also creeped me out how River and the Chantel both called their parents "mommy and daddy" into their mid-20s and only stopped because people saw the show and made fun of them online.

The fact that he came here on a real Visa and got married to her already makes them a way more legitimate couple than anything that happens in Before the 90 or The Other Way.

Pedro seems to have largely got his shit together, and is more of a background character this season - it's mostly focussing on other members of the Chantel family and Pedro's sister and Mum.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You know what this franchise needs? More spin offs

90 Day Bares All: Get ready for your favorite 90 Day couples to bare it all – the lies, the secrets and everything we couldn’t show on TV. Hosted by Shaun Robinson, this companion series to 90 Day Fiancé will put cast members in the hot seat where they reveal pivotal new information and speak completely uncensored. Exclusive content, must-see footage and all the stories behind 90 Day Fiancé.

90 Day Diaries: An intimate look into the lives of our couples, told from their perspective. Without producers or crew, the cast members film themselves in their day-to-day lives as they continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and all of the new challenges it brings to their relationships.

90 Day Journey: The ultimate collection of 90 Day Fiancé stories for the 90 Day Superfan are now on demand. Each curated mini-series is made up of every single scene a beloved couple has appeared in across each show in the 90 Day Universe. Now fans can watch each couples’ story from the very beginning how and when they want to.

The Other Way Strikes Back!: Viewers will get a fresh look at the duos fans have come to know and love, sharing their home lives, behind-the-scenes details missed by cameras and addressing some of the most outrageous, cringe-worthy moments, and sassy social media and pillow talk commentary of the second season of The Other Way.

Grinchy

Banned
You know what this franchise needs? More spin offs

90 Day Bares All: Get ready for your favorite 90 Day couples to bare it all – the lies, the secrets and everything we couldn’t show on TV. Hosted by Shaun Robinson, this companion series to 90 Day Fiancé will put cast members in the hot seat where they reveal pivotal new information and speak completely uncensored. Exclusive content, must-see footage and all the stories behind 90 Day Fiancé.

90 Day Diaries: An intimate look into the lives of our couples, told from their perspective. Without producers or crew, the cast members film themselves in their day-to-day lives as they continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and all of the new challenges it brings to their relationships.

90 Day Journey: The ultimate collection of 90 Day Fiancé stories for the 90 Day Superfan are now on demand. Each curated mini-series is made up of every single scene a beloved couple has appeared in across each show in the 90 Day Universe. Now fans can watch each couples’ story from the very beginning how and when they want to.

The Other Way Strikes Back!: Viewers will get a fresh look at the duos fans have come to know and love, sharing their home lives, behind-the-scenes details missed by cameras and addressing some of the most outrageous, cringe-worthy moments, and sassy social media and pillow talk commentary of the second season of The Other Way.
They are going full Guitar Hero on this one...

iJudged

Banned
90-day-fiance-angela-michael--1565642798798.jpg

I feel like I get anxiety every time I see these 2 on television.
ever since i since i found out she was on Maury back in the day, I question the eligibility of the show and how many of these people are just paid actors...

Last edited:

jshackles

Anyone catch the opening episode of the new season?

By far the most interesting one, for me, is the dude that is in his late 20s that works as a pest control guy and doubles as a ranch hand on his parent's farm - that's moving in his Russian girlfriend that doesn't know they'll be staying at his parent's house (let alone in separate rooms). His parents are extremely controlling in pretty much every aspect of his life: to the point that his mom even arranges for his fiance to get birth control at her gynecologist. However, dude had a sweet gaming PC, a PS4 (slim), an Xbox One X, and a turquoise Switch Lite so I wonder what his GAF user account is. At one point he was on the way to the airport, sitting in the back seat of his parent's car, playing his Switch and his mom says "Oh he's back there playing his little game".

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

TheMan

Anyone catch the opening episode of the new season?

By far the most interesting one, for me, is the dude that is in his late 20s that works as a pest control guy and doubles as a ranch hand on his parent's farm - that's moving in his Russian girlfriend that doesn't know they'll be staying at his parent's house (let alone in separate rooms). His parents are extremely controlling in pretty much every aspect of his life: to the point that his mom even arranges for his fiance to get birth control at her gynecologist. However, dude had a sweet gaming PC, a PS4 (slim), an Xbox One X, and a turquoise Switch Lite so I wonder what his GAF user account is. At one point he was on the way to the airport, sitting in the back seat of his parent's car, playing his Switch and his mom says "Oh he's back there playing his little game".

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

I ask myself that every time I watch an episode of this show

Grinchy

Banned
I was finally able to check out the new episode. It looks like we have some new winners for the show.

So...uh...what happened with Rebecca? The woman who makes Pixar versions of her photos to send to everyone in a clinically delusional way. When we last saw her she was a "private detective" and now she suddenly wipes down tables at a fried chicken restaurant? I feel like everything about her appearance in life is a complete lie that she not only tells other people, but tells herself as well.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Early 2000's Big Brother was peak reality show TV for me. Haven't watched many American shows. The British version is where it was at. Anything before 2008 was must watch TV, and definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. They really did a good job putting a vast array of different characters in, and letting the carnage unfold.

Just watch this. It wouldn't be allowed on TV today by any capacity.

jshackles

Early 2000's Big Brother was peak reality show TV for me. Haven't watched many American shows. The British version is where it was at. Anything before 2008 was must watch TV, and definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. They really did a good job putting a vast array of different characters in, and letting the carnage unfold.

Just watch this. It wouldn't be allowed on TV today by any capacity.

61Jz56L.png

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member

That is what made it good, though. Some reality shows feel to 'fake' to me, even if they are entertaining. You can tell where they have been sort of scripted. Big Brother was pretty barebones and felt like watching real people early on, with live 24/7 cameras. Until they started putting all the people itching for fame on it.

Grinchy

Banned
There's some pretty good stuff in the new season. I like the stuff with the overbearing mom who has decided that her son and fiance can't have their wedding date when they want it to be because it interferes with "mother's day weekend" LOL.

But man do I hate every segment with this guy Jovi and his mail order bride. It's all so damn manufactured. Both of them, in full makeup, clothing, mics, and with a camera crew in their house, "start the day" with her walking into the room to "find him" reading on the couch. She makes fun of him. She mentions they need new furniture. They go to the furniture store that agreed to allow them to film there in exchange for a shot of their sign being in the show.

The sales lady gets completely involved in their personal life because she, too, knew she'd be on TV today and wants to play her character as well. Every minute is so clearly organized by the production crew that it makes me sick to watch them.

Last edited:

jshackles

Plus, it's hard to take someone named "Jovi" seriously. His mom definitely had the hots for Jon Bon

AJUMP23

My wife loves this show and I think all these people are insane. My did try to get me a mail order bride service when I was single and 25 though. Got a call about meeting beautiful Ukrainian women.

Caught up on the new season and it has not disappointed at all.

The dude that works at a daycare? What is up with that guy man? Everything about him is weird and seeing how he's reacted to his girlfriend being detained is pure insanity.

All of the story lines are interesting albeit some are pretty obvious as to where they're going to go. You can see how both the crazy spa lady and the creepy daycare dude have had maybe 1 episode's worth of content spread over 6? I'm assuming they went to the very predictable endings in a short amount of time so the producers had to stretch the cheese like when they had that goofy old bitch with her boyfriend williams. Either way, entertaining as usual.

Top Bottom