• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

92 Metascore game Street Fighter 6 and Men_In_Boxes doesn’t understand Multiplayer

Do critics get multiplayer?

• F*** no they don't get multiplayer.

• Critics generally recognize what makes multiplayer great.

• Men_In_Boxes doesn’t understand MP at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blackage

The game also features a shit ton of features and options more, like the more than solid single player content and training/learning stuff plus the tournaments.

In addition to this, the execution and attention of detail in most things are best in class. I mean, the quality of the netcode, how fast you play again with people online, many options to customize your experience, how the 3D lobby is if you don't want to use the traiditional menus, etc.

And sure, it has things that can be improved or tweaked but it's just a vanilla version: they will continue tweaking, balancing, improving and expanding it for like half a dozen years. As a vanilla version it's super full featured and very well polished.
I agree with everything you said, I'm just saying there's no carrot on the stick to the online experience, there's nothing to work toward that's super rewarding or cool.

Futaleufu

Videogame awards are a popularity contest, not a quality measurement.

SF6 is a good game but there was some weird push at its launch to present it as the best fighting game ever made.

yurinka

I agree with everything you said, I'm just saying there's no carrot on the stick to the online experience, there's nothing to work toward that's super rewarding or cool.
Yup, I agree on that point.

Other than to grind to higher divisions, there's the Fighting Pass stuff that isn't pretty exciting outside the emulated classics and music track. There's also tournaments that give you in-game currency to get stuff in the avatar clothes store, or typical minor unlockable stuff like some titles or archievements and I'd say that's all.

There's more cool stuff to unlock in single player content modes, like alternative costumes for normal characters in World Tour or illustrations in the arcade mode.

Maybe they should include that as you keep playing online you could unlock colors for your character, at at some point achievable by most people (like getting Gold 1) the World Tour costume for your character and beyond that colors for that costume, plus currency for the store and clothes for your avatar that are unlocked in World Tour. That would be something.

Top Bottom