• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Band Similar, But Not Angels And Airwaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiban

Is there a band out there that sounds like Angels And Airwaves less the terrible vocals and lyrics?

I honestly think that this record could have been great if DeLonge didn't have such a nasal drone that sounded like a kid recording over his big brother's music.

I listened to My Bloody Valentine this afternoon, they were close, but not really that close.

I just really dig Angels And Airwaves sound.

Richiban

Just because one of the members of Blink is in Angels/Airwaves does not mean they're similar.

Blink182 is an awful band. Except Dude Ranch. That album was pretty tight.

BlackMage

Banned
Richiban said:
Just because one of the members of Blink is in Angels/Airwaves does not mean they're similar.

Blink182 is an awful band. Except Dude Ranch. That album was pretty tight.

no it sounds exactly like Blink 182

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
:lol @ blink182 = angels and airwaves and audioslave = soundgarden

gaf is good for lots of things, but music really isn't really one of its strong points.

A Flock of Sea Gulls would be a band that is similar to Angels and Airwaves...its actually the other way around, really.

I haven't seen/heard of any newer bands that are similar to A&A, though. if there are any, i'd be interested in listening to them

Mason

I'm actually halfway digging Angels and Airwaves. The lyrics aren't that bad at all, and I'm incredibly picky about that. I guess I was expecting Blink-182 level immaturity so I'm just pleasantly surprised with anything better than that.

Kevtones

Angels and Airwaves is meh. Songs all feel like they're going nowhere. Peaks? No, they just weave in and out of their obvious influences, tracing the same lyrics we've heard from a million different bands.

Sorry, not a fan. At least he tried though, I give him that. Its nice he went in another direction, passionately (however big a failure it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom